WritersBeat.com

WritersBeat.com (http://forums.writersbeat.com/index.php)
-   Writers' Cafe (http://forums.writersbeat.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   the best question you can ever ask (http://forums.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=62378)

Nacia 05-19-2018 04:48 PM

the best question you can ever ask

I start:
do you like you?

fleamailman 05-20-2018 01:05 AM

("...you mean, as me as a goblin on the internet, why yes I do like my persona like this..." replied the goblin in all modesty, then adding "...for the old man is just my other act as it were, just an act subject to all the constraints of its dailylife, limited by one's reality of whatever one's dailylife is, oh and how one is expected to act within it, whereas here online the only limitations one faces are those of an unimaginative imagination coupled the clumsiness of one's pen, both of which can be corrected in the rewrite though, alas one's dailylife act doesn't get that rewrite there, what a pity...", and ever it seemed that one's virtual reality was whatever one could make of it, whereas one's actual reality was whatever it could make of one, smiling "...me I like myself online better, for its limitation are surmountable still...")

Palindrome 06-10-2018 04:42 PM

What are the rules?

Nacia 06-27-2018 11:22 AM

why are railways
called railway sleepers??

brianpatrick 06-27-2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacia (Post 745645)
why are railways
called railway sleepers??

Are they?

Nacia 06-27-2018 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianpatrick (Post 745650)
Are they?

they are not.

Rhymetravilla 06-28-2018 08:58 AM

If you got hit by a car tomorrow, who would come see you in the hospital? Would you ever walk again?

brianpatrick 06-28-2018 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhymetravilla (Post 745663)
If you got hit by a car tomorrow, who would come see you in the hospital? Would you ever walk again?

My kids, my wife, my mom, my brother, one of my sisters, and probably my employees (at least on pay day).

And hell yes Iíd walk again. I got hit by a car on my bicycle about five years ago. Broken ankle, two broken ribs, collarbone, and both wrists broken. The driver was a neurologist on his way to the hospital. Lucky me (sort of). I was born with the gift of ďFuck you.Ē I refuse to be stopped. Whenever someone tells me I canít, I will.

Rhymetravilla 06-28-2018 03:44 PM

I got hit in february. Shattered teeth, broken leg, 3 ribs, shattered jaw, all kinds of fun stuff. 9 day coma, told my folk I would die.

brianpatrick 06-28-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhymetravilla (Post 745672)
I got hit in february. Shattered teeth, broken leg, 3 ribs, shattered jaw, all kinds of fun stuff. 9 day coma, told my folk I would die.

A toast! To being invincible...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5ea0f9ee5c.jpg

Nacia 06-28-2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianpatrick (Post 745674)

wow Brian how do you get hold of these pics?:shifty:

Nacia 06-28-2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhymetravilla (Post 745672)

you are here to tell the tale. that is what is life is about. compromise.

brianpatrick 06-28-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacia (Post 745677)
you are here to tell the tale. that is what is life is about. compromise.

I have internet savvy children.

Nacia 06-28-2018 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianpatrick (Post 745679)
I have internet savvy children.

and how is that to do with the price of bread?

brianpatrick 06-28-2018 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacia (Post 745681)
and how is that to do with the price of bread?

Bread is cheap here. Iím smart. I have children who are smarter, and always connected through wireless. I think this thread (OP) has yet to be defined, so Iím answering all with surrealist fervor. Dost thou protest? Me thinks, maybe. Because we would never want to be sure of anything.

Nacia 07-11-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianpatrick (Post 745683)
Bread is cheap here. Iím smart. I have children who are smarter, and always connected through wireless. I think this thread (OP) has yet to be defined, so Iím answering all with surrealist fervor. Dost thou protest? Me thinks, maybe. Because we would never want to be sure of anything.

It is fervour with a U. :)

brianpatrick 07-11-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacia (Post 746103)
It is fervour with a U. :)

Not in America, dear. We are utilitarian.

fleamailman 07-13-2018 07:43 AM

("...I'll ask a question in my turn then..." started the goblin continuing "...and so, if you were to stop posting everywhere upon this internet here, would you feel as if you have finally found yourself or lost yourself, where I guess you already know my answer by my persistence at posting, yet then again there are so many folks out there who don't post to know who they are by what they reflect upon, so maybe they just know something I don't know...", where the question seemed most appropriate at this point if only because the day seemed too hot for him to remain anchored to his dailylife now, stating "...please feel at liberty to write freely you reply below but do try to avoid using such adjectives as hot, very hot, boiling, baking, basking and melting too, where your cooperation in this matter will be most appreciated, well a lot more appreciated than my reality is for sure...")