WritersBeat.com

WritersBeat.com (http://forums.writersbeat.com/index.php)
-   Members' Feedback (http://forums.writersbeat.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Need some suggestions (http://forums.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=60500)

Prajakta 08-18-2016 10:57 PM

Need some suggestions

I am one of those people who can write something only when they have something in their mind. But I want to be one of those who can write on any given topic.Please guide me how can I begin.

flyingtart 08-19-2016 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prajakta (Post 725277)
I want to be one of those who can write on any given topic.

Why?

Prajakta 08-19-2016 05:37 AM

very true.. that i am young and it is not possible to know everything.
but then another stream of thoughts starts.. what is more important- experience, imagination, research.. to write on a topic...
Just thinking :-)

NuNu 08-19-2016 09:33 AM

You go to Hawaii, and you meet this guy named Eli. He's a young homeless man. And he looks at you and he says,

"My hair is like this, My eyes are like this. My genes are this way and it's all for her. But she isn't here."

Go from there...

wrc 08-19-2016 10:52 AM

Hmm... maybe you should think of your mind as a constant stream of thoughts. Only a few thoughts stick around for a second think. If you have one that sticks around for more rethinking, maybe that's the one to think about. (lol. that was fun to write.)

On a more practical level, you can't have a thought unless it's fed to the mind. So... read, read, read, experience your life, question everything, carry on an internal dialogue with yourself, don't hold back but jump into the unfolding reality in front of you. ie, FEED YOUR MIND! Doing this will overwhelm you with possibilities to write. PS: Don't let other people think for you!

wrc

flyingtart 08-19-2016 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prajakta (Post 725288)
what is more important- experience, imagination, research.. to write on a topic...
Just thinking :-)

Depends on the type of writing you want to do. Journalism requires an attention to detail, a willingness to research and dogged determination to find the facts. In fiction imagination is probably more important; it's about creating a world your reader can inhabit. But for that world to be authentic you need experience to base your perceptions on.

GinaRene' 08-21-2016 03:44 PM

I personally find writing to be an emotional experience. It's difficult to write a love scene when feeling angry at your spouse.
An accomplished writer once said, 'Keep writing, and don't delete.'
It's not easy but it helps get the words flowing.

Nick Pierce 08-21-2016 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaRene' (Post 725380)
I personally find writing to be an emotional experience. It's difficult to write a love scene when feeling angry at your spouse.
An accomplished writer once said, 'Keep writing, and don't delete.'
It's not easy but it helps get the words flowing.

Okay, you are now at 5 posts.

So this is the time when you lay your stuff on us, right?

Prajakta 08-23-2016 01:43 AM

thank you all for your useful tips and suggestions :-)

elijahmacey 08-30-2016 09:12 PM

you have to have passion for writing.

Magealexstra 09-10-2016 12:08 PM

you could take a more practical approach. Just write. There are several free writing approaches to this question that could be valid here. I find that if I have trouble with something. It's better for me to just do it, until I'm good at it.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Miki 09-19-2016 08:36 AM

I have found, the hard way, when I get to the place where I "don't have anything to write about" I write a letter to someone. It's surprising how quickly it will get me back to working on a short story, poem, or whatever. It comes down to getting words on the page. miki

jimmymc 09-19-2016 12:52 PM

Do yourself a favor and don't start. Instead, get a degree in something profitable. i.e.—Doctor, Lawyer...Indian Chief.