WritersBeat.com

WritersBeat.com (http://forums.writersbeat.com/index.php)
-   The Intellectual Table (http://forums.writersbeat.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   We have cloned Donald Trump! (http://forums.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=61020)

PickleBottom 11-29-2016 01:06 PM

We have cloned Donald Trump!

If by cloning I meant reproducing the same Donald Trump speeches to appear on TV Sets almost simultaneously around the world. Donald Trump is more controversial than other international leaders; are people tuning in to listen to what Trump is saying more frequently than they are listening to their own overlords?

flyingtart 11-29-2016 03:07 PM

Is he giving speeches these days? All I've seen are bizarre tweets. Today's highlight was jailing people for dissing the US flag. What a rich source of merriment he is.

SteveHarrison 11-29-2016 04:22 PM

He's the ultimate sound bite politician and while he's busy destroying the US and possibly the world, we will all be giggling and shaking our heads over his stupid tweets. As Trump would say, sad.

PickleBottom 11-29-2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingtart (Post 729273)
Is he giving speeches these days? All I've seen are bizarre tweets. Today's highlight was jailing people for dissing the US flag. What a rich source of merriment he is.

Is Trump thinking ahead to something that will become commonplace in the immediate future?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveHarrison (Post 729279)
He's the ultimate sound bite politician and while he's busy destroying the US and possibly the world, we will all be giggling and shaking our heads over his stupid tweets. As Trump would say, sad.

Yep Trump is performing the ultimate politician's trick, a vile person pretending to be a nice person pretending to be a vile person

flyingtart 11-30-2016 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PickleBottom (Post 729283)
Is Trump thinking ahead to something that will become commonplace in the immediate future?

Do you mean tweeting or jailing?

PickleBottom 11-30-2016 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingtart (Post 729287)
Do you mean tweeting or jailing?

Burning?

flyingtart 11-30-2016 01:38 AM

That's always the worry, isn't it? I wonder how extreme he'll actually be in office. After all, he still has to get all his wacky ideas past Congress. He'll probably get bored with it and go off to the golf course before long.

Myers 12-01-2016 04:45 AM

Electing Trump was bad enough, but the absolutely over-the-top reaction just makes it worse. The crying and protesting, the claims that he's going to destroy America, that democracy is dead, the Hitler comparisons, the imminent nuclear holocaust etc.

But it's actually good news for Trump; the doubling down on all the rhetoric that failed to keep him from getting elected eliminates all these crybabies as effective opposition, at least for the time being.

There are lots of reasons for concern, but people need to get a grip. He said what he needed to say to get elected, but now he's already dialing back on his most ridiculous promises.

What we can probably expect is at least another four years of shifting to the right, but otherwise a continuation of the status quo -- the mostly pointless, public tug of war that goes on while we are all being taken to the cleaners by the super-wealthy and powerful. Same as it ever was.

Otherwise, we need to calmly fight the relevant battles as they come up. In the meantime, for heaven's sake, knock it off with the tantrums and hyperbole. It's just plain embarrassing.

PickleBottom 12-01-2016 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myers (Post 729335)
Electing Trump was bad enough, but the absolutely over-the-top reaction just makes it worse. The crying and protesting, the claims that he's going to destroy America, that democracy is dead, the Hitler comparisons, the imminent nuclear holocaust etc.

But it's actually good news for Trump; the doubling down on all the rhetoric that failed to keep him from getting elected eliminates all these crybabies as effective opposition, at least for the time being.

There are lots of reasons for concern, but people need to get a grip. He said what he needed to say to get elected, but now he's already dialing back on his most ridiculous promises.

What we can probably expect is at least another four years of shifting to the right, but otherwise a continuation of the status quo -- the mostly pointless, public tug of war that goes on while we are all being taken to the cleaners by the super-wealthy and powerful. Same as it ever was.

Otherwise, we need to calmly fight the relevant battles as they come up. In the meantime, for heaven's sake, knock it off with the tantrums and hyperbole. It's just plain embarrassing.

Ah yes, is that guy still president?

Jesus how come technology moves so fast yet society lags so far behind. Is he still using Twitter? I am on a brand new social platform whereby I use meters, like those found in video games to represent health etc, to communicate my feelings.

Say if stars represent a meter and ten stars is the limit, I could use this scale to represent anything;

For example;

Ignatius PickleBottom

29th Nov 2016
Boss
-Brownnosing
******** (he only received 8 stars on this day because he had an extremely long lunch and morning tea and afternoon tea that I only had 2 hours to brownnose - I bought him the usual bouquet of flowers and chocolates to keep his sociopathic lust down)

29th Nov 2016
Random stranger
-Sexual attraction
-Bad Smell *******
-Good manners ***

30th November 2016
Lunch, Steakhouse
-Bloody

I have reduced the number of words I use well below Twitterers!