WritersBeat.com

WritersBeat.com (http://forums.writersbeat.com/index.php)
-   Issues (http://forums.writersbeat.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Writer's Beat Quarterly | Issue 31 - August 2011 (http://forums.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=32522)

Devon 08-01-2011 07:58 AM

Right-click to save the pdf to your computer, which will make the in-document links work.

If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, please post them in this thread or PM Firefly (editor-in-chief), or send an email to WBQzine@gmail.com.

Thank you and enjoy reading!

The WBQ Editorial Team

Gwyndolin 08-05-2011 06:36 AM

I enjoyed reading that more than any past edition, and that's really saying a lot! Thank you, staff, and contributors, for providing that wonderful entertainment. It came at a time when escaping the world for a while was much needed.

Good job, and Bravo!

Ethan Blake 08-07-2011 01:36 AM

Hi Guys,
another excellent edition, I appreciate the work that goes into every issue, well done. Many thanks to those who nominated and chose my poetry for inclusion, it made me very proud to have my work used in this prestigious magazine, my Publication C.V. now proudly sports these new additions. Once again many thanks and congratulation on a great magazine, I look forward to each new edition.
Best Regards
David

fihr 08-10-2011 05:07 AM

I just commented elsewhere - and should have put it here - loved 'A Day in the Life of' Lorraine Sears because I could relate to it, and I felt encouraged in my own struggle to make the time to write.

And I also enjoyed the rest of the mag - it was fun, especially seeing the stories and poems enhanced by the artwork.

Grace Gabriel 08-10-2011 05:14 AM

I'm having issues downloading - the pictorial images are fine, but the writing appears as gobbledeegook - mixture of letters and symbols.

Could anyone suggest what I need to do?

Many thanks!

Gwyndolin 08-10-2011 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fihr (Post 442923)
loved 'A Day in the Life of' Lorraine Sears because I could relate to it, and I felt encouraged in my own struggle to make the time to write.

I especially loved that piece, too. Lorraine is such a great writer, isn't she?

Tau 08-10-2011 06:03 AM

Quote:

I'm having issues downloading - the pictorial images are fine, but the writing appears as gobbledeegook - mixture of letters and symbols.

Could anyone suggest what I need to do?

Many thanks!
I have not encountered that problem before, but my first guess would be that it might have to do something with your computers language codding. Not sure what to suggest, make sure that your PDF file reader program is properly updated.

Grace Gabriel 08-10-2011 10:10 AM

Thanks Tau.

Tau 08-11-2011 12:36 AM

I take it that worked?

Eurlo 08-16-2011 05:06 AM

Wow it's my first time reading one of the issues(as I am still pretty new here) And I give it fives stars!!

Great job on this magazine:)

I'll look foward to the next issues, but for now I have writing to do...
:)
Thanks everyone for your hard work put into that magazine!!

It gives me somthing to read and enjoy:D

masterb 09-27-2011 11:04 AM

How can I get published in this magezine?

Tau 09-28-2011 01:42 AM

Enter the Contests and win, be voted as the seasons favourite in Member's Choice (both of these are subject to the Editors judgment) or if your work is really good and gets spotted by the editors.

Louis 02-22-2012 08:48 AM

Writer's Beat Quarterly

I thoroughly enjoyed reading our current issue. Colourful. Inspiring. Filled with little surprises and gold nuggets, especially Liza Fitwalter's "When You Don't Know What You Know". A ray of sunshine.

"The Athiest" by Jake Keller is a poem that has much to say and the saying less is more fits here, simply because he has not wasted one word. Every word paints a larger picture. Take for instance the last line ...
"each day is one bought from the plot with the hole" one could muse over this line for hours because it brings in images of so many things which I won't go into here. Suffice to say the work is brilliant.

Well done. I look forward to reading the next issue and past issues as I go along.

valeloud 05-01-2012 09:57 AM

I appreciate the work that you guys put on these issues, and also to the people that wrote those poems/stories. I particularly liked the poem "The Atheist" but the other poems were very good as well. This is all new to me since I am a new member, but I really liked the fact that you listed a lot of competitions we could participate, and I am glad they accept international texts since all the competitions I have seen lately were only for residents in the U.S.
Thanks=)