View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 01:52 AM
Devon (Offline)
Guard Dog and Playful Pup
Senior Moderator

Thanks 1,696

I can be secure in the knowledge that somebody knowledgeable thinks my work is worth the effort.
What about the readers? Don't you think they know what they like and what they don't? Publishers, agents, editors . . . they're all subjective. Readers are, too, yes. But the former three dangle some "key" in front of you, taunting. Pfft. Just let the readers decide for themselves. If it doesn't fly, take it back and revise. It's what you would have sent to publishers, agents, and editors anyway; they're your first readers.

Nothing's ever really set in stone. Unless, of course, the name of your book is "Set in Stone." But, really . . . you can always update/revise with and "second edition."

Again, that's just my twisted logic.
*gently untwists Emerald's logic* There . . . ahh . . .

We're in the business of writing down whatever we feel like and expecting people to pay money for it.
Offer it up for free initially, then. Or for free entirely. Or for 99 cents. *shrug* And writing down whatever you feel like . . . Yay! I can finally publish that book I've been writing: "Ten Thousand Pointless Things to do with Lint." Hurray! Lol. If people like what they read, they'll pay to see the rest. You have to be fair to them, though, and give them a good sample of the work, and then be consistent throughout the piece with the quality, otherwise they'll feel cheated in the end and won't recommend you to anyone, nor buy anything else.

Twisty mind candy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Devon; 02-02-2013 at 01:58 AM..