Thread: Intellectual?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 11:03 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 455

Originally Posted by flyingtart View Post
Maybe we should come up with a more realistic name for the "Intellectual Table"?

New members are bound to be disappointed by the lack of intellect on display there. How about "Bigots R Us" or "Vent Your Spleen Here"?
Ah, the days! You see, flyingtart, the IT has a long and storied history of challenging the intellect of many an unwary visitor, sometimes in ways which were not obvious in the beginning.

We used to (or I should say, my late friend Ed, who died from a broken heart after being banned for life used to. We were pretty close, and he told me enough about what happened, it was almost like I'd been there). But we were, at one time, incandescent in our efforts to achieve the lofty title of Intellectual, even going so far as to have a word we coined entered in the Urban Dictionary (see "Pollock", definition #4, in The Urban Dictionary.)

The IT was closed for a while, and since it's reopening, has not regained its former glory, so I can see how someone who missed all that might question the name. But the desire of any true intellectual should be to take those who are inferior and, through the patient application of wisdom, wit, and careful guidance, show them an enlightened view of the world, in the hopes that they may become smart fellers, too.

So, stick around and keep your eyes and ears open. You might learn something.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Prodigalson; 02-19-2018 at 07:24 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Prodigalson For This Useful Post:
PickleBottom (02-20-2018)