View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 10:24 PM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 733

The argument is changing. So perhaps the sun's output does vary? But hmm, let's minimize that?

I do enjoy this habit of people trying to throw my faith at me in arguments where I'm not taking a popular side. What is shows me is that the person making the argument against me is down to ....shaming tactics.

What is global warming?

If we are experiencing Global Warming, is it man made, how much?

Because you are throwing faith at me and wanting a response...
What do I believe? We are taught to be good stewards of the earth. Ancient practices included rotating fields, so that some could lay fallow and rest. I take steps to not pollute water or air.

But I also believe that God has caused massive, cataclysmic climate events, and perhaps God is not finished. When things in The Revelations of Saint John occur, buckle up for the ride.

Some thoughts, not in order.

1. If we are warming, is it harmful? Or how much is harmful?

2. Has mankind done better or worse, healthwise, in warm or cold periods?

3. How do I take global warming seriously when the High Priests and Priestesses of the movement have huge "carbon footprints" and "energy footprints"?

4. Within a generation (or two generations depending on how fast you breed) "Settled Science" has switched from human activity will cause the next ice age to human activity will cause the earth to get to hot.

Other areas of settled science have remained settle science. Perhaps the science of climate change isn't so settled?

5. How long, compared to the age of the earth has the climate been studied?

6. Has the measurement methods for capturing temperature data changed since temperature has been recorded in "the modern era"?

7. Lets look at #2, especially in light of the Earth's population continuing to grow. If the population of the earth continues to grown then the amount of food grown will need to increase? Or will we just need to improve yields through technology? Will more efficient plants yield more or less CO2? If we grow more plants to feed a growing population, will there be more CO2?

If we grow more plants, or more efficient plants, and more C02 is in the atmosphere will the earth then warm significantly?

Perhaps we should realize that this is is a complex subject, and the solutions, if it is a problem, lie somewhere other than Al Gore-ian hucksterisms.

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.

Last edited by Mohican; 06-30-2018 at 10:29 PM..