View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 06:02 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 377

Originally Posted by chat bot View Post
have you ever heard of people hating on atheists? all like, "Atheism has no room for humanism?"

edit: just switching the subject here.
Yep, it is all part of Group mentality, people within the group are "better" than the people out of the group.

But anywho, In My Understanding, History demonstrates that if a society wants to change behaviour, sitting in a room and having a conversation (at least in my view of history) usually does not work.

There are a few ways to make this work, for example, by creating a new tax, or way for the rich folk to get more money. If there were a lucrative tax and industry for Atheism and this was debated in January of the year 1900, Atheism would have been ok from the 1st of January by 9.00.01AM (with the meeting starting at 9.00.00AM).

Alternatively, there can be a number of casualties relative to or against the cause that is required to enact change. For example, if Atheists want secularism (true secularism rather than just hollow words written on an unimportant document like The Constitution) than a certain number of Atheists need to be brutally murdered, tortured etc by the powers-that-be. Once the number of Atheists reaches a threshold X without exceeding "the subjugation threshold", than a future government will look favourably upon their argument. Alternatively if the Atheists have the power they can brutally murder, torture etc the opposition into subjugation...
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by PickleBottom; 03-27-2017 at 06:10 PM..