View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 08:38 PM
Beesauce (Offline)
Word Wizard

Thanks 70

J.C. you're right. Reminds me of Blade Runner and building armies of slaves. A big damned dream and yes, it seems an unavoidable desire when one is tinkering on massive world scales.

Coffee, I tell myself is one of those luxuries we all take for granted and without it, the waking world of commerce would simply fall over in tragedy if the coffee bean seed should cease to exist, you know what I mean?

Slavery is rampant and was never truly abolished, oh yes, but my original comment was me sharing my response as a child after being introduced to the form most children first learn in elementary school. I don't feel that way anymore, I see it's still a problem white privelage and slavery of all races including whites and is one of those repeat historical moments that's hear no speak no see no. For sure, anyone here read "Tomatoland" by Barry Estabrook?

Great read, horrible truths as outrageous as Upton Sinclair's The Jungle. Slavery is very real and it's just not talked about for obvious reasons. Why talk about modern day wage debt and abuse? That's part of how we get our food right?

And then there's all these stats about how much food is thrown away just because it wasn't perfect. Oh it's almost half of all the food produce is tossed for profit loss trumps proper food allocation

here's someone's review of Tomatoland, a book everyone should read if they care about actual modern day slavery:
http://politicsoftheplate.com/?page_id=831

i dream, you dream, we all do --

Last edited by Beesauce; 02-17-2018 at 09:54 PM..