Thread: Monroe Bergdorf
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 06:11 PM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Thanks 669

Originally Posted by JohnConstantine View Post
Yep, I'm gonna throw this one into the mix.

L'oreal model whose employment I believe was based on taking part in a campaign to celebrate diversity within the fashion/beauty world and beyond was sacked for posting the below. It has caused a pretty large uproar in the UK and led to innumerable articles as well as television and radio interviews featuring Monroe debating whether the decision was warranted.

Quote below:

‘Honestly I don’t have energy to talk about the racial violence of white people any more. Yes ALL white people.

‘Because most of ya’ll don’t even realise or refuse to acknowledge that your existence, privilege and success as a race is built on the backs, blood and death of people of colour. Your entire existence is drenched in racism. From micro-aggressions to terrorism, you guys built the blueprint for this s***.

‘Come see me when you realise that racism isn’t learned, it’s inherited and consciously or unconsciously passed down through privilege.

‘Once white people begin to admit that their race is the most violent and oppressive force of nature on Earth… then we can talk.

‘Until then stay acting shocked about how the world continues to stay f***** at the hands of your ancestors and your heads that remain buried in the sand with hands over your ears.’

Now this was said in response I believe to the violence in Charlottesville for any of those who might consider that relevant.

For all the things Whites are supposed to be privileged for, that someone can accuse me of racial violence, without me having to do or say anything, is so unenviable to me that I'd rather be black. I don't know if that has anything to do with me being mixed race, but so is Munroe...

I don't view this as a smart or courageous stand. As others have noted White people have done some horrendous things to others. A lot of others have to.

Slavery was around a long time before black Africans were brought to the Americas, and some realize that the word Slave comes from Slav- because so many European (and other areas) had slaves from the Slavic regions.

Slavery is still practiced worldwide, and wherever it's practiced is an abomination.

A more courageous shout out would be to denounce slavery in places that it's happening - in all its forms. Name the current practitioners, even if it's not politically correct or safe to do so.
If you surrender a civilization to avoid social disapproval, you should know that all of history will curse you for your cowardliness - Alice Teller

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.