Thread: Monroe Bergdorf
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 08:28 AM
JohnConstantine (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 725

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
I really doubt it -- if you're talking about what the U.S. does.

You're talking about a lot of people who absolutely don't or can't think about the ramifications of our foreign policy and military actions.

They are utterly clueless and can't understand why we aren't loved...
Well this is the thing right, it's A LOT of people, pretty much the population of the UK 60 odd mill... they can't all be retarded.

And even if they are, those who are smarter rarely talk about the below when decrying the travel ban as though it just occurred in a vacuum just because Trump is a random lunatic.

"Looking back at President Obamaís legacy, the Council on Foreign Relationís Micah Zenko added up the defense departmentís data on airstrikes and made a startling revelation: in 2016 alone, the Obama administration dropped at least 26,171 bombs. This means that every day last year, the US military blasted combatants or civilians overseas with 72 bombs; thatís three bombs every hour, 24 hours a day.

While most of these air attacks were in Syria and Iraq, US bombs also rained down on people in Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan. Thatís seven majority-Muslim countries."

Y'know, it does confuse me, it's like now all the placards come out because of a travel ban... but not when the bombs were raining down to this degree. In fact these same people seem to think Obama is an all 'round great guy.

Disclaimer: doesn't mean I think Trump is any better... don't think it matters much who fronts the regime.