Thread: Space: Help
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 03:57 AM
PinkFloydian21 (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Originally Posted by HanksBigShow View Post

The story is not boring, but it is very difficult to follow. A story like this takes considerable planning. You have to ensure the reader understand every aspect of it - and more importantly, remembers what they have already read. To do that, you have to fully develop the characters and situations.
You should also know where you're going with the story. Too many times have I sat down to write, finished it, but looking back I realised that it wasn't at all what I had planned, and wasn't as effective. I may have missed critical plot points that I had to now find a place to put in with little editing, or just rewrite the whole thing. This actually happened with my novel, which has undergone considerable rewriting over the last 7 years.

This may not be the case for you, but it certainly would have helped me 7 years ago to plot everything out before hand. Now I have a million and a half index cards with every scene and chapter written on them for the future :-p.

[Sigpic][/sigpic]