View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 02:27 AM
Devon (Offline)
Guard Dog and Playful Pup
Senior Moderator

Thanks 1,696

Muddied, how exactly? I went and read the blurb that's up on your Amazon page, and comparing the cover with that, you have all of the elements listed there in the cover (assuming the blurb is the highly condensed version of the book's synopsis).

Don't read a lot of thrillers myself, so not familiar with the montage look you mentioned they often have. But, visually, the cover easily draws you in (I think) with its color scheme and placement of the elements (e.g. the baseball player draws the eye up to the woman's face as though he's pointing at her with the bat), though that one firework burst in front of the woman's face feels . . . not so much off, just . . . I don't know how to describe it. Like there's one too many of them there. Font-wise, I love the title; its placement, colors, etc. The bar below it, though . . . I know it contains the subtitle, and it needs to be visually strong enough in comparison with the title, but that's the one thing that hits you in the face right away, at first glance, and overwhelms the title. Only because of the red, I suspect; a color that snags the eye immediately.

Don't know what you had in mind as far as a re-work on this. Whether you were thinking about scrapping it completely and starting fresh, or just moving around what you have there. Like I said, according to the book's blurb, the elements are spot on, which makes the cover encompass the core of the story, overall, in colors that draw attention, so likely you wouldn't have to change much (you mentioned putting it together was a lot of work). I honestly don't see it as muddied up at all.

Twisty mind candy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Devon; 07-15-2012 at 02:29 AM..