View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Devon (Offline)
Guard Dog and Playful Pup
Senior Moderator

Thanks 1,696

It doesn't really strike me as an accomplishment.
Erm . . . most people can't even make it past the editing stage, much less learn how to create decent covers, format, and market themselves. A writer who has the guts to go out and do all of this . . . isn't an accomplishment? That's sad. Really sad. No one really has a clue how much work goes into indie publishing until they actually go through it. I'd say reaching the finish line in all of that -- and turning out a decent, well-written novel -- is a pretty excellent accomplishment. Much more so than smacking one's head against the wall and going to one's grave saying, "If only I'd . . ." Pfft. Sorry, but to **** with that.

I mean, there's plenty of self-published novels which are brilliant. But unfortunately that only accounts for about 0.5% of self-published novels...
I dunno. *shrug* I've read some really good indie pubbed stuff out there.

Twisty mind candy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.