Thread: New Guy
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 04:42 PM
Marc Sayer (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default New Guy

Hi, my name is Marc Sayer. I've been writing for more than 30 years, off and on. Mostly tech articles and columns for car magazines, as restoring and racing cars was my passion at one time, as well as my vocation. I've written regular articles or columns for MG Magazine, AutoX Magazine, Grassroots Motorsports Magazine, Z Car/Z Car and Classic Datsun Magazine, and had individual articles in a few other mags including Roadsters and Ragtops Magazine.

I actually ended up as the owner/publisher of Z Car and Classic Datsun Magazine. Unfortunately in 2001 I tried to take the magazine digital before the public and advertisers were ready for it, and the magazine failed. But I did manage to get out one digital issue, and I was convinced it was the way to go. It allowed us to include so much more graphically, and in terms of total content. Plus it allowed us to link not only to the advertisers' sites, but also to content directly related to the topics we were writing about. I really felt it was a much better medium, but my readers weren't convinced and my advertisers disagreed.

For the last 15 years I've run a dog rescue, and I've had a few articles published in that field. But mostly that's been more doing and a lot less writing. I work with special needs dogs, primarily dogs that are deaf and/or blind, and almost exclusively with Great Danes.

I found this site searching the net for some info, and thought I'd join. I've recently been thinking about getting back into writing, and have been approached by a conservative online site about providing some politically oriented content. Not sure I want to get that serious about it, but I may do a bit now and then.

I am 60 yrs old and live in Oregon with my wife, 7 special needs dogs, and 2 horses. We live up in the foothills of the Cascade mountains, outside a small town called Oakridge.

Last edited by Marc Sayer; 11-23-2016 at 09:03 PM..