View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 08:12 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 380

Originally Posted by PickleBottom View Post
I have been asked by a large marketing organisation to ask this question. The large marketing organisation are going to feed the results from this question into a Markovian chain to create a super-consumer.

Anyway here goes;

Which of the following would you prefer and why?

1) To travel back in time to a period in your own life with all the knowledge you know now (you will essentially be in your body back then and not be able to escape back to the present)
2) To travel back into time with everything you know now but be in a different person's body (start afresh as a baby still retaining all that you know)
3) To travel back into any period of time and place with all the knowledge you know now but be in a different person
4) To re-start as a baby in this day and age but retain all your knowledge (born in 2017 and remember everything from your current life)
5) To re-start as a baby in any other time (including the future) and place
6) To have what you have currently but with a bit more knowledge
7) To have what you have currently
8) Any other combination of the above
Hmmm, that's a good question, I would like "To travel back in time to a period in your own life with all the knowledge you know now (you will essentially be in your body back then and not be able to escape back to the present)".

I have retained heaps of useless sporting knowledge that I could use to gamble and I roughly know what comics are worth heaps more nowadays, and I might swing past Harvard and give Zuckerberg a couple of thousand dollars when his friend leaves him hanging, and I know a few things about this-and-that that I could use to show off at parties.

I think my chances of scoring in the past would improve if I know the stuff I know now. And I will definitely keep away from such-and-such considering what eventually happened. But maybe I will run into another person similar to such-and-such and have the same event happen. That is the scary thing, if my life just went all Terminator 3 or 12 Monkeys. Have I grown as a person?
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw