View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 08:40 PM
bluewpc (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 48

From what Ive seen the ambiguity and vagueness is necessary for the ideology. Mohican may contradict me but what everything points towards is a Christian nationalism divorced from New Testament teachings. Its politicized, its militant. I think that can be asserted as being self-obvious.

The problem is that the pursuit of dominion through political avenues necessitates compromise. Politics is by default practical and opportunistic. Religion however, at least the Abrhamic faiths, posits the transcendent. The Tao differs in being more a model of proper life at all social levels but Christianity purports a radical egalitarianism:

For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

The problem with evangelical, baptist, protestant sects in general, which is to say politicized Christianity (and maybe Im here betraying my Catholic sympathies for surely that bueracracy is political) is that in the nuptiation of religion and politics politics takes primacy and erases all other considerations.

Take for instance the debate regarding immigration. Christ teaches to love your neighbor as you love yourself. Even to love your enemies. But where is that in evidence? The insistence on the maintenance of borders for the preservation of a cultural identity robs them immediately of their status as religious Christians and renders them Christian nationalists which I see as being primarily concerned with aesthetics in the decoral sense not in the spiritual. Because as it would happen the majority of South American immigrants are highly religious, mostly Catholic, and that their rejection then falls not on religious grounds but on cultural grounds. Which of course bewrays their ignorance of their scriptures because Jesus did nothing if not violate the cultural norms of his day. In fact that's one of the major cruxes of the gospels.

To reiterate then the ambiguity is necessary to mask the spiritual violation and trespass of the politically held views.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.