View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 09:29 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 732

Can I cleanly extrapolate that into a closed border policy? Probably not . I will not that the Apostle Paul did not expect to have an open border in Israel. He took the work out to places far from Israel. I don't see much example of letting people in and finding Christianity through osmosis, but it became a belief where people took the message to people where they were. Missionaries.
Originally Posted by bluewpc View Post
The problem here is the problem of reciprocation. It posits a porousness of other nations that does not exist in the host nation and so undermines their sovereignty by means of hypocrisy, which maintained as policy logically endorses the fallacy that might makes right.
I don't know where you are trying to go with this as a counter argument. I don't see an open borders, let everyone in viewpoint as Christian.

Originally Posted by bluewpc View Post
On to Section 2. Concordant with the protections enumerated in Section 1, Section 2 further provides that the individual's political voice cannot be abridged except by violation of the law. Were this protection and the protections of Section 1 removed then state governments would have the power to arbitrarily strip individuals of their citizenship without losing representative seats. Thereby creating a politically castrated underclass that yet counted towards the total population and thus to representation in the House. As there is precedence of this action most infamously in the 3/5ths compromise theres is also cause for the amendment.

How bout dem mother fuckin apples.

Making the argument about apportioning representation in todays 'Murrica only makes sense in the apportionment of the electoral college. The rate of Federal Representation is 435 members of the US House of Representatives versus 300 plus million people. (versus 1/5000 to 1/10000 at time of ratification)

My desire to repeal the 14th is not to re-introduce "old sins". I would be in favor of an amendment with language to the effect of.

1. The 14th amendment is rescinded.
2. Citizens still have their rights, including suffrage.
3. People born on land to non US citizens are not citizens.

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.