View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 07:42 PM
charleswhaley (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 23

Originally Posted by Devon View Post
I create a story by sitting down and writing it. Plain and simple. I deal with the details later.
This, though I usually start with a rough idea, first scene, opening line, title, whatever. I get an idea, which may be accepted or rejected based on what I believe I can do with it, then just wing it from there. I used to try to outline and plan, but my stories change too much in the moment of flow to fulfill the original idea, which is usually for the best. If an element really matters enough, it'll work its way in quite naturally because you need it for wherever in the story you need it.

One story I wrote, Whispers of the Crow, was a continous, "but now I have my characters x and need them to y, so I need to add z right here."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.