View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 09:12 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 412

I don't watch hardly anything on television, and so am more aware of the ludicrousness of it all than someone who is hypnotized every day.

Television exists for one thing, and one thing only: to sell you something. The shows, no matter how informative, entertaining, enlightening - whatever you think they are, they are only there to get you to do one thing, and that is watch the commercials.

Even the ones people consider 'educational', like the History Channel shows, things on NOVA, or the Smithsonian channel, when you think about it, they don't teach you anything new, or if they do, it's only a tidbit, arrived at after being strung along through interminable commercials over half an hour or an hour.

The news is worse. The latest gossip; a disaster somewhere that has nothing to do with you, and some slanted political propaganda, fit in between, you guessed it, more commercials.

If I happen to be bored enough to watch something on TV, I mute all the commercials, and still end up so frustrated that I seldom watch anything through to the end.

I was muting a commercial a while back, and my sixteen-year-old stepson happened to be in the room.

"Don't mute that," he cried, "That's a good commercial!"

I knew then that we are lost, when we don't even recognize when we're being sold something, and mistakenly think we're being entertained.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prodigalson For This Useful Post:
Mohican (05-20-2018), Nacia (05-14-2018)