View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 04:33 PM
poirot (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 105

Originally Posted by Binx B View Post
I'm not asking you to justify anything. I was simply asking for an example of a book that normalizes abuse as opposed to just depicting it in some way, in your opinion.

If it's a book we've both read, I may or may not agree, but if I don't, it's really not a big deal. If you had said, 50 Shades of Gray, I'd probably agree with you based on what I know about it. If it was some other book that I haven't read, then I'd be interested to know how you formed your opinion and beyond that, I'd just take your word for it. Just because you feel like you're being judged doesn't mean I'm trying to judge you.
Word it however you like, it means the same thing. Wanting to "discuss" examples of what I believe normalizes abuse is judgmental and seeking justification.

But there's no problem with him being condescending and assuming that I haven't read the classics.

That's kind of funny.
I have the feeling Motley is a teen, who hopefully will learn by example. Your example of acceptable behavior, in this case, is poor. And since you specified elsewhere that you have a child, unless I am confusing you with someone else, means you should already have the maturity to teach by example. Am I wrong?