View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 04:40 AM
Rei (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
Thanks 257

They do all the same "normal" things that everyone else does, just in a slightly different way. For reading and writing, they use Braille, obviously, and listen books when a Braille copy is not available.

My blind classmate in college told me about computer games for the blind. She also talked about how the beep-boop at crosswalks don't help. Blind people either rely on guide dogs, people around them, or when they are alone, listening to the traffic.

A person who was born blind does not have better hearing, but can (not always) have a better ability to interpret what they hear. I once dropped a coin around a blind person and she knew which coin it was by the sound. That being said, the general preference is that people identify themselves when approaching a blind person because a lot of people sound essentially the same.

Blind people do enjoy TV and movies. There are even some mainstream DVDs that have described video as an option. There are also some TV channels that have lots of described video programs. It is slowly becoming as normal closed captioning for the hard of hearing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.