View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 06:53 AM
kathrynb (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Send a message via Skype™ to kathrynb
Default comments and a suggestion

Lovely issue. I'm new around here so I was excited to receive it! I read it through quickly, I'll go back and reread more thoroughly of course.

I was particularly interested in the 'group blog' article and concept, as I am engaged in a similar project. Also, as a writer, I'm always on the lookout for new ideas for...coming up with new ideas.

This is brilliant. It takes the idea of blogging and comments one step further, to extending the feeling of inclusion to readers.

With my project, I use a webhost/publication system called Publisher-For-You. You can construct a website as either a blog or a regular website. In website mode, once you've found a group of trusted contributors, you can offer each of them a guest editorship based on their very own category. They now control the writing in their own category. You've effectively moved on to become "managing editor".

[Now that I've read this excellent article on group blogging, I've got so many new ideas...like, starting with a blog, to generate ideas and interest, then starting a collaborative website on each theme that takes off in the blog...]

Just thought this might be something of interest to anyone as "sold" on collaborations as I am! (I get sooo tired of listening to my own 'voice' echoing off the walls sometimes...!)

I'll put the url of the site I'm managing in my sig so you can see what I'm talking about. In this case, the owner of the site knew all these folks already so the collaboration part was easy, them finding the time to contribute is the hard part!

The webhost provides a complete website package that includes software that does all the tech stuff for you. So for us writers, its a dream come true, we can (mostly) just write. For all the non-tech contributors, they can easily do it themselves or I can do it for them.

Thank you again for getting me so excited about the new ideas and projects running around in my head. Whoa, Nellie, til I lasso those thoughts!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kathrynb; 07-30-2008 at 06:55 AM.. Reason: where's my sig file?