WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics

Character Clinics Come and discover new things about your characters

Janet

Old 09-18-2010, 04:13 PM
AlgaeNymph (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0
Default Janet

Greeting, my full name is Janet Princeton Hölzer. For commonplace social situations we just use my first name for ease of use. Where my surname is required the umlaut is silent, I use the American pronunciation.

Having elaborated on my identifier, I must caution you that I'm always unsure about introductions beyond that. Should I describe my interests? My history? My appearance? In what order should I do them in? As this is a text medium and I exist in the present, my hypothesis is that I'd best go with my interests as such helps most to define a person. For the sake of readability I will do my best to avoid going on tangents.

Foremost are my interest in the sciences, both physical and social. I've even acquired a library extensive enough for formal classification to be a good idea. I don't specialize as I wish to know the fundamentals about everything, therefore improving my raw intellectual potential. While specialization has proven economic benefits, improved generalist knowledge will be essential to technological improvement.

Another hobby of mine are computer games and fanfiction. While I enjoy them as input I'm more interested in utilizing them as output, creating mods and writing fanfics. I apply my eclectic philosophy to this as I'd like to write a mod or fanfic for each game or series. My further reason for doing so is applied political mimetics, propaganda would be a fair term as well etymologically speaking.

Which leads me to my politics, such as they are. Having matured in San Francisco, I share many of the same sympathies of others in the region. However, I'm neutral regarding macroeconomic and military matters, and I strictly oppose the technophobia that postmodernism has inflicted on the left.

This is the least awkward personal summary I can think of. Further elaboration will require direct questioning, something I am fortunately very comfortable with.

Last edited by AlgaeNymph; 09-20-2010 at 05:43 PM..
Old 09-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Smithy (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 3

If it is permitted to ask, ma'am, and you do not think it rude, how old are you?
Old 09-22-2010, 01:54 PM
AlgaeNymph (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

Honestly, my age depends on whatever idea my creator is entertaining this week, if even that long. Generally I'm young, and will be the youngest if I'm an adult in a story idea.

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics