WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics

Character Clinics Come and discover new things about your characters

Liam Hunt

Old 05-30-2011, 05:40 AM
Ahmadblues (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Icon9 Liam Hunt at the C Clinic :)

Hi, I'm Liam and I'm thirteen.

I live in Sharm El Sheikh, in Egypt. I've lived there since 2008. Mum, Andrew (my stepdad) Beth (my four year old sister) came from London, UK, obviously for the tourism. Why else would anyone come here to work?

Right now, I'm writing this on a piece of paper that I brought in my bag, while I tried to get in here. I try not to think about life after getting captured. I guess I'll talk about school. I can't talk about my squeaky-voiced sister. I miss her so much. If I did, I'd get even more homesick than I already am...

I suck at school. Especially at Arabic. Maybe not 'suck' but I'm not super clever or anything. I'm better at diving - I go to competitions and stuff and a few trophies but nothing big, 'til now. Me and the people I dive with are practising hard for the regional competitions.

I wish that I had paid attention and tried to be good at Arabic.Then, I would've been able to understand the little bits of the conversation that I catch in this tiny room in a cave, from that guy who dragged me in here. I'll admit that I deliberately hoped he'd get me, but now I regret that. The link between the disappearance of those snorkellers, Lauren and half my diving group and the videos didn't appear. Now here I am, hanged from the ceiling I don't know how many times. I hope Lauren never heard any of my shouts and screams.

My best friend James managed to escape though. I kicked a wooden door (I still don't know how I did it) while being taken back to my room. There was a huge hole in it, and then everyone inside managed to get through ... and out.

Talking of James, I remember him once saying about how lots of the girls in my class 'would kill' to be with me, I suspected it was for my looks - thin, tanned, blond hair, green eyes, straight nose - but I still don't see what's so good about that. I wouldn't even consider myself as good-looking, if it weren't for stupid comments like 'you've never went out with someone? OMG!'
Thing is though, I don't want all the attention...

Funny how I need all the attention to get me out of this crappy place which I guess is now my temporary home, while I wait for a rescue. Weird how I was the one supposed to do the rescuing ... and I failed. Now I'm the one on the videos-HOLY CRAP. I'M ON THE F***ING VIDEOS.
Ha. Ha ha ha ha. Now the world will hear me shouting for help. "Oh but it's hard you know..." Life couldn't get any worse could it? At least when I can get out of here, all those people in school won't think that I'm that 'hot guy on glee' thing. They'll actually think I'm a real person. They'll actually realise that "Oh, hey, I just realised that Liam doesn't look like who he is."
Only my few friends realise that my appearance don't match who I really am. I'm not that attention seeking guy who's got all the girls (between you and me, it took me ages to get the courage to ask Lauren, one of my friends, out. I'm just gutless guess.

If you gave me one wish, I would wish to go back in time and kept my fat mouth shut. Then I wouldn't be in all this mess.

(Any Questions anyone?)

Last edited by Ahmadblues; 05-30-2011 at 08:28 AM..
Old 06-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Socialpaws (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 4

yes how come your so chirpy for someone kidnapped in a cave and hung from a ceiling?
Old 06-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Ahmadblues (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Because I have no choice. When you're stuck with Lauren in this tiny prison, dragged out in the middle of the night and hung from the ceiling while being tortured for nothing, you're forced to try and stay happy.

Cos once that glimmer of hope is gone, you're dead...

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics