WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics

Character Clinics Come and discover new things about your characters

Zyrith

Old 11-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Chronox (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Zyrith

Hi everyone, my name is Zyrith Machair and I'm 22 years old. I have brown, almost russet colored hair and my eyes are more of a typical dark brown. I'm roughly 5' 4". People in this world have a natural elemental affinity and mine happens to be the fire element. This means I can set things on fire and all sorts of other spiffy things.

I was born in Corsik, but that was on a different continent than where I am now. My parents are still there and they're doing well. I write them letters ever so often when I get the time, or rather, when they hound me about how I haven't sent a letter in ages.

I moved around a bit when I was younger so to do anything different at this point would seem weird. So I roam around, seeing places, meeting new people, learning interesting things to tell my friends when I see them later, being a mercenary, that sort of thing.

I'm a bit new at my job, I've only been doing it for the past 2 years so I still have a lot to learn. I used to work as a lighthouse keeper but it just wasn't the thing for me, so I quit.

...Hmm? Oh, my bad. One of my friends would like to clarify that that's not what actually happened.

Well in my opinion, telling people that I quit sounds far better than saying, "In a hypothetical situation, my employers sent some messengers to inform me that I wasn't doing my job properly, and I may or may not have been stressed out at the time regarding that topic, and assaulted said messengers, got kicked out one of the lighthouse windows, and then 'accidentally' burned down the entire thing out of what my friend calls 'spite'." I like to think of it as justified aggression, but she keeps giving me this look of disapproval every time I say that. Pfft, details.

So now I'm on the run from my employers, who are powerful people with many connections, because apparently my actions were not the "correct thing to do".

Old 11-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Ettina (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Why are you friends with her even though she disapproves of your actions?
Old 01-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Zodea (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 33

Is Zyrith male or female? How can they have a job for two years yet be on the run?

How do people know how to contact Zyrith if they are on the run? If they move around so much don't they lose contact?

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics