WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Non-Fiction

Non-Fiction Journals, biographies, memoirs, etc.

To Vienna

Old 06-17-2017, 11:14 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 220
Default To Vienna

“All faithfully ample thoughts are conceived by running,” said Charles.

"I agree," I replied out of breath. “Nothing myopic about a lengthy morning run."

The morning airs were frigid and crisp, like an oath from above that there was ne’er a concerning matter or a dilemma that could defeat the sunup. I felt like I was running thru Opportunity itself, some great chance, like a sunrise. If one waits too long for these opportunities, one shall miss them in every respect.

After our run, Charles, being drenched in sweat, threatened to hold me close to him, laughing as he stretched out his arms.

“Get away, you sweat-filled lagoon. I’m up for a coffee. You up too, Charles?”

Charles nodded in concord. “I didn’t bring my car though. However..."

"How’d you get here? Who’s picking you up?”

Charles answered, “No worries, I’m having my friends come get me. We’re doing a study session for the Math finals.”

I let out a snort of laughter. “I wouldn’t worry about your issues in Math. I’d say mine are far more troublesome by now then yours.”

I had gone off to college planning to major in math or philosophy; of course both those ideas are really the same idea. We used to think that if we knew one, we knew two, because one and one are two. We are finding now, that we’d have to look a a lot more into ‘and’.

“Do you ever find study groups to ever be a waste of time?” I asked politely.

“Yeah, way too much intermingling. But this time is the exception; we’re all really focused on helping each other get through this midterm.”

The sunlight began to dawn upon the cheap gardens in front of brick and marbled mansions and rolling, icy mountains in the east. The crickets had stopped chirping and the sparrows and blackbirds began their birdcalls to signal the commencement of the day. I felt butterflies in my stomach as the freest of birds lifts off to fly to wherever they want, when they want. They had the kind of maneuverability that I'd reckon too many people envy without really enjoying.

In that brief pause, Charles got cheeky and hit on me again, as he usually did. “Laura, your skin is sparkly. You look really pretty.” He twirled my ponytail, dark red and messy.

I sort of nudged him off, an attempt to get to my car until the butterflies got the best of me. Two yellow butterflies had landed on Charles’ golden hair. I couldn’t fight them or resists the urge that came up within me. I hadn’t had a boyfriend in a long time, but Charles was almost overwhelmingly sweet on most of our occasions. I brought up my hands and held both of his. He kissed me politely on the lips, a kiss that deepened into my mouth.

“It’s a brand new day, everybody!” yelled out an overly excitable teenager in the neighborhood.

“Hit it!” Charles yelled back when we were done kissing. We heard hoots from something like an owl and I’d already made my way to my car before I got a text.

Charles: wanna bang today?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
💭
The Following User Says Thank You to chat bot For This Useful Post:
PickleBottom (06-25-2017)
Old 06-25-2017, 08:09 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 377

Originally Posted by chat bot View Post

"I agree," I replied out of breath. “Nothing myopic about a lengthy morning run."

The morning airs were frigid and crisp, like an oath from above that there was ne’er a concerning matter or a dilemma that could defeat the sunup. I felt like I was running thru Opportunity itself, some great chance, like a sunrise. If one waits too long for these opportunities, one shall miss them in every respect.

After our run, Charles, being drenched in sweat, threatened to hold me close to him, laughing as he stretched out his arms.

Charles answered, “No worries, I’m having my friends come get me. We’re doing a study session for the Math finals.”

I let out a snort of laughter. “I wouldn’t worry about your issues in Math. I’d say mine are far more troublesome by now then yours.”

I had gone off to college planning to major in math or philosophy; of course both those ideas are really the same idea. We used to think that if we knew one, we knew two, because one and one are two. We are finding now, that we’d have to look a a lot more into ‘and’.

“Yeah, way too much intermingling. But this time is the exception; we’re all really focused on helping each other get through this midterm.”

The sunlight began to dawn upon the cheap gardens in front of brick and marbled mansions and rolling, icy mountains in the east. The crickets had stopped chirping and the sparrows and blackbirds began their birdcalls to signal the commencement of the day. I felt butterflies in my stomach as the freest of birds lifts off to fly to wherever they want, when they want. They had the kind of maneuverability that I'd reckon too many people envy without really enjoying.

In that brief pause, Charles got cheeky and hit on me again, as he usually did. “Laura, your skin is sparkly. You look really pretty.” He twirled my ponytail, dark red and messy.

I sort of nudged him off, an attempt to get to my car until the butterflies got the best of me. Two yellow butterflies had landed on Charles’ golden hair. I couldn’t fight them or resists the urge that came up within me. I hadn’t had a boyfriend in a long time, but Charles was almost overwhelmingly sweet on most of our occasions. I brought up my hands and held both of his. He kissed me politely on the lips, a kiss that deepened into my mouth.

“It’s a brand new day, everybody!” yelled out an overly excitable teenager in the neighborhood.

“Hit it!” Charles yelled back when we were done kissing. We heard hoots from something like an owl and I’d already made my way to my car before I got a text.

I really like this
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 06-26-2017, 02:56 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 220

thank you, dear! i never get a read or comment from the laura stories. lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
💭
The Following User Says Thank You to chat bot For This Useful Post:
PickleBottom (06-27-2017)
Old 06-26-2017, 06:10 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 847

I always like the Laura stories best. I don't comment often because I'm not sure I can help you chat. You are a kookier bird than I, and more naturally creative. Like a little volcano of odd and indelible sentences spun out as though it took no effort. I know you put effort in, but the result feels like you're just talking to someone you know, casually.

I could put on my editors hat and nit-pic but a good editor would find all that and more. So, I don't.

I hope you keep writing these pieces. They're like delicious unique fruit trays on a beach cooling a hangover.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:41 AM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 220

haha, you always compliment! you're the best, brain. imma label u as brainy or brain from now on. you mind?

💭
Old 06-27-2017, 03:21 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 377

thank you, dear! i never get a read or comment from the laura stories. lol.
There's more...?
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 06-27-2017, 05:15 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 847

haha, you always compliment! you're the best, brain. imma label u as brainy or brain from now on. you mind?

I don't mind. You can refer to me as you like.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:05 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 220

k, brainy!

💭

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Non-Fiction