Early Bird Special
- 2016 Next Generation Indie Book Awards Call for Entries
Over $10,000 in Monetary prizes, over 70 categories
Early Bird Discount
*** Call for Entries
If you would like to receive greater recognition, monetary prizes, awards and exposure for your books, here is an opportunity not to miss.
Enter the 2016 Next Generation Indie Book Awards.
Calling all indie book authors and publishers - including small presses, mid-size independent publishers, university presses, e-book publishers, and self-published authors who have a book written in English released in 2014, 2015 or 2016 with a 2014, 2015 or 2016 copyright date to enter the most rewarding book awards program.
It offers over 70 Categories - More than 70 Awards – with over 70 monetary prizes totaling more than $10,000 in cash, including $1,500 cash prizes plus trophies for best fiction book and best non-fiction book, $750 cash prizes plus trophies for second best fiction book and non-fiction book, and $500 cash prizes plus trophies for third best fiction book and non-fiction book!
ENTER NOW - Early Bird Special
Enter online by September 30, 2015 and receive a $50 discount on the entry of a second category.
The Early Bird Special Entry Fee is only $75 and includes the entry of one title in two categories. On October 1st, 2015 the price to enter two categories increases by $50.
Entry Deadline for the 2016 awards program – February 12, 2016
The Next Generation Indie Book Awards is the largest NOT-FOR-PROFIT book Awards program for independent authors and publishers and the only book awards program of its kind offering more monetary prizes, more awards, recognition and exposure including exposure to a leading Literary Agent for possible representation in areas such as distribution, foreign rights, film rights, and other rights!
Presented by Independent Book Publishing Professionals Group (IBPPG) in conjunction with Marilyn Allen of Allen O'Shea Literary Agency, the Next Generation Indie Book Awards was established to recognize and honor the top independently published books of the year. IBPPG was formed to provide support and recognition for the independent book publishing profession and we encourage all independent authors and publishers to enter their books in the 2016 Next Generation Indie Book Awards so that they too can earn recognition and receive other benefits from having an award-winning book!
Awards given to the Finalists and Winners of the 2016 Next Generation Indie Book Awards are:
- $1,500 cash prize and trophy awarded to the best Fiction Book
- $1,500 cash prize and trophy awarded to the best Non-Fiction Book
- $750 cash prize and trophy awarded to the second best Fiction Book
- $750 cash prize and trophy awarded to the second best Non-Fiction Book
- $500 cash prize and trophy awarded to the third best Fiction Book
- $500 cash prize and trophy awarded to the third best Non-Fiction Book
- $100 Cash Prize and a Gold Medal awarded to the winner of each of the more than 70 categories
- Finalist Medals will be awarded to up to four finalists in each of the more than 70 categories
Winners and Finalists will also receive:
- An invitation to the gala awards ceremony held at an outstanding location in Chicago in May 2016 (during Book Expo America).
- Exposure for a full year at indiebookawardsdotcom as a Winner or Finalist.
- All Winners will be listed in the 2016 Next Generation Indie Book Awards Catalog, which will be distributed to thousands of book buyers, media, and others!
- The opportunity to display Finalist or Winner gold award stickers on your book.
- Other benefits of an award-winning book (such as potential increased revenue).
PLUS, the top 70 books will be sent to be reviewed by New York literary agent Marilyn Allen of Allen O'Shea Literary Agency or one of Ms. Allen's co-agents for possible representation in areas that could generate even more revenue for your book (unless an entrant prefers not to have their book forwarded to the agent). Ms. Allen has over 25 years of sales and marketing experience, including serving as Senior Vice President, Associate Publisher, and Director of Marketing for Harper Collins and directing sales and marketing teams for Simon & Schuster, Penguin Books and Avon Books. Ms. Allen has had the pleasure of working with many best-selling authors including Stephen King, Ken Follett, Barbara Kingsolver, John Gray, Mary Higgins Clark, and many more.
"Independently-published books have become a major source for quality fiction and non-fiction, but often go unrecognized by the mainstream publishing industry," notes Marilyn Allen. "Finally, an award program has been created to recognize talented authors from this important segment of our industry. Our agency represents over 100 authors and we're always looking for new talent, so it is a great pleasure to be part of this program. We look forward to reviewing the works of the 70 best candidates and helping these authors gain the recognition they deserve."
All Finalists and Winners will be notified in early May, 2016.
ENTRY GUIDELINES AND CATEGORIES: For complete entry guidelines AND to see a list of the over 70 categories you can enter go to indiebookawardsdotcom
ONLINE ENTRY FORM: To enter online now go to indiebookawardsdotcom
We wish you much success with your book!