WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Prompts & Challenges

Prompts & Challenges Prompts, readings, and ideas to get you writing.

Dasmo naka tarayla! Fi fi talumat! (Songs from distant (fi fi means identical though

Old 08-01-2015, 02:23 AM
Motley Crew (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 30
Default Dasmo naka tarayla! Fi fi talumat! (Songs from distant (fi fi means identical though

I think my thread title was too long! Oh Dungeon keeper! I think you'll have to fix this, too. And sorry about the timerift I opened on Godlover's thread. I did manage to get John Hancock back where he belonged! Or... WHEN he belonged! But aliens weite songs as much as we di. So my challenge is thus to you poets in the poetry forum. To see if you can write a poem about an alien location or individual! With abn alien and thus slightly bizzarre culture incorporated. Then change it so each word is in an alien language. I predict this challenge will be too hard for most writers. I myself am in the middle of this challenge, myself and haven't finished, yet. But then again one of you might have the tack! To anyone in the HighCommand. The poetry section is where I would like to have this thread's twin, if that's permitted. As I'm unfamiliar with simulation of 2d paper cloning so I'll leave that to you experts! Look forward to the submissions!

PM me when dawn breaks.
Old 08-01-2015, 02:43 AM
Motley Crew (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 30

I see that my definition of my thread title was cut off so here it is. 'Songs' is 'Dasmo', 'naka' is 'from' 'trayla' is distant 'fi fi' is the most complex word there. It mean 'identical differences' or 'identically different' for instance he and she are fi fi to each other to give you an example of context. And 'talumat' means life-baring location. It is only Terran arrogance that makes most here think that only planets roughly this size are capable of supporting life. They obviously don't have a base on Pluto like we do. Those sandlamok that live under the ice are quite furroscious, but they do exist!

PM me when dawn breaks.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:14 PM
Motley Crew (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 30

Professor Haiglen: 'There's an exclamation point in the middle of your thread title sentence!! How many times do I have to tell you that when learning to write in a new language that NO punctuation is better than BAD punctuation!?

Traznik Malonte: 'Sorry, professor. I just wanted coney thr emphacist, and couldn:t get the hang of the leaning 'I'!
Professor Haiglen: 'I realize that you were not at peek performance, having crashed in the Pennsylvania mountains. But did you forget EVERYTHING I've taught you!?'

Traznik Malonte: 'I didn't know you were going to be rating it, professor.'

PM me when dawn breaks.

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Prompts & Challenges