WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe > Board Games

Board Games Get it? "Board" games.

Can we play a game?

Old 10-10-2015, 08:45 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 322

In her sick and twisted sociopathic mind she plans on using that against him. For now, though, she just uses the pen.

Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:54 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 1,218

And indeed just the pen it was. In her excitement she had pulled her Montblanc Meisterstuck.

In a barely audible groan Bobo was heard to mumble: "Damn writers".
Old 10-10-2015, 09:07 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 322

The pain brought me back to myself. Where the hell have I been? It must have been an out-of-body experience. No time to worry about that now, I thought. Where's that Quick Clot?
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Prodigalson; 10-10-2015 at 09:12 AM..
Old 10-10-2015, 04:17 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,218

Trixie was aghast.

Before she could move the blinded, undead original assailant reached out and clamped a hand on each of her leather clad ankles.

Noticing all this as he retrieved his back up pouch of Q.C. from his ankle wallet Bobo thought wryly: "Now it's a party".
Old 10-14-2015, 12:14 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 322

Yanking myself back into the first person, I agreed with my third-person persona, Bobo.

"A freak party," I said as Trixie bent her knee then drove a spiked heel into one of her brother's empty eye sockets.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:38 AM
chat bot (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 167

But as Damnable Writers Unanimous agreed...

Last edited by chat bot; 02-15-2016 at 01:57 AM..
Old 10-15-2015, 10:40 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 322

there can be no consensus
Old 10-24-2015, 01:20 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 167

Is that what your family looks like? Or what?

Last edited by chat bot; 02-15-2016 at 01:57 AM..
Old 10-24-2015, 03:13 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,218

As the query came over the previously unnoticed P.A. speaker Trixie dropped into a feral crouch and scanned her perimeter with a predator's intensity.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:49 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 322

Stepping from the shadows, Prodigalson made quieting motions with his hands. "It's a bunch of schoolkids on a huge old redwood stump just down the road from where I grew up," he said. "Now quiet, we're watching the show."
Old 10-25-2015, 12:46 AM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 167

fuck, bye wb
Old 10-25-2015, 10:07 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 322

Watching in amazement as that little scenario played out, I thought, do it now and, grabbing the heel without the eye-gunk on it, I flipped Trixie's feet out from under her.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:29 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,218

Landing on her back with her leather sheathed ankles jammed in her ear holes she asked herself: "Why does this feel invigorating?"

And in a flash it came to her. She had finally achieved the heretofore elusive asana known as Upside Down Dog.

She also recalled it was often referred to as Playful Puppy.

As her breathing slowed to a deep rhythm a new vista of perception began to open up for her.

The red veil of rage that had been the constant filter between her and the world all her life began to mist and drift away.

A lightly glowing bluish white pulsing color tinged all she could see.

Along with that a taste of honey, Hibiscus honey, was on her tongue.
Old 10-25-2015, 05:44 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,218

The unfolding petals of her Dharma eye began revealing pages of the previous lives she had been in.

She saw, at first, how gender was interchanging and, as the visions continued deeper into her past, an awareness of moving through species came to the fore of the experience.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:39 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 322

Suddenly she leaped forward, landing on all four hooves as a bull buffalo.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:20 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,218

Standing erect, she shook herself in the manner of a breeching sailfish.

Drops of past karmas in all the hues known to a human eye scattered out from her, crystallizing as they fell to the earth. There they were absorbed, returning to a state of potential.

For a moment her form drifted up an inch or so and shifted a few feet southward due to an errant breeze.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:24 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 322

Knowing, deep inside, the interconnectedness of all things I corrected myself. Not an errant breeze at all, I thought, but rather the effects of the wind of destiny, for southward was where she was meant to be.

Last edited by Prodigalson; 10-28-2015 at 05:26 AM..
Old 10-28-2015, 05:37 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,218

And I no longer loitered on distinctions of third, first or second person.

Last edited by Nick Pierce; 10-29-2015 at 02:13 AM..
Old 10-28-2015, 09:34 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 322

Neither did Sybil and look where it got her. Finding a mirror, I looked in it. "Look where your shenanigans have got us," I told Bobo.

"Mine?" he said and you knew they were yours because trouble always followed you.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:17 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,218

I knew those words weren't mine. As I walked about the room wondering where they had come from I noticed that the bottom of the parrot's cage had been papered with pages of a Learn Ventriloquism book.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:54 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 322

...which explained why he seemed to get worse and worse at it. The poop daily covers more of the instructions, I thought. I should clean his cage.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:59 AM
J.Mariano7 (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Location: Elvish Way, King King Ave., 15 Parsecs off the Intergalactical Highway
Thanks 22

Then the parrot started twisting his head round and round, 360 degrees clockwise, while saying, "You don't mess with the shit, lady!"
Old 11-21-2015, 09:40 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 322

"Lady?" I said, grabbing that confounded bird and screwing its head back on right. "I ain't no freaking lady!

Last edited by Prodigalson; 02-21-2016 at 08:16 PM..
Old 12-26-2015, 11:26 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 322

"And I ain't no ventriloquist!" squawked the parrot. "It's him! Talking to hisself!"
Old 02-14-2016, 03:01 AM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 167

and then cam e bumbling bot.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:11 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 686

Originally Posted by Prodigalson View Post
"And I ain't no ventriloquist!" squawked the parrot. "It's him! Talking to hisself!"

A Confederacy of Dunces.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:54 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 322

battled a Union of Thieves. Nothing civil about this, thought Bobo. "They probably don't even break for tea."
Old 02-15-2016, 11:12 PM
wyf (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 125

Little did Bobo know that tea was already brewing in the pot as wyf tried, vainly, to be domesticated.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:13 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 322

"In the kitchen, bitch!", shouted Bobo. "The fate of the Union depends on you!"

Trying to figure out who the 'him' was the parrot was talking about while keeping this woman focused on American history, I totally forgot about Trixie.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:07 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 167

but what was that about the confederacy and domesticated?

💭

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe > Board Games