WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table

The Intellectual Table Discussions on political topics, social issues, current affairs, etc.

This man is a psychopath

Old 10-19-2016, 08:05 PM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 230
Default This man is a psychopath

Hello all. Just watched the debate. Here's what caught my attention:

Reporter: If you win will you still insist the election was rigged?
Donald: Of course not. The people have spoken and picked me.
Reporter: And if you lose?
Donald: The whole thing was rigged. It's a conspiricy.

If this makes sense to anyone, please lock yourself in a room and don't come out until you grow a mind. wrc

You're not dead 'til you're dead and when you are you won't know it. So, keep on writing and having fun.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wrc For This Useful Post:
flyingtart (10-19-2016), PickleBottom (10-20-2016)
Old 10-20-2016, 03:06 AM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

That didn't happen in the debate I saw. Trump was asked if he would support the results of the election.

He answered, "I will look at it at the time. I'm not looking at anything now."

That's bad enough. There's really no reason to make things up.

Last edited by Myers; 10-20-2016 at 11:54 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Myers For This Useful Post:
PickleBottom (10-20-2016)
Old 10-20-2016, 07:43 AM
Nacia (Online)
Resident Ghost
Official Member

Thanks 933

he is making headlines I think that is psycho. let's leave path out of it.
it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind
The Following User Says Thank You to Nacia For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2016, 08:24 AM
Non Serviam (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 590

It would be such a simple choice, if Hillary was in any sense a morally superior being to the Donald. But I'm afraid the situation is that you Americans are being asked to choose between psychopaths.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
;

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

English is a strange language. It can be understood through tough thorough thought though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Non Serviam For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2016, 11:23 AM
JP_Inkswell (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 233

We prefer the term "Politician", it's somewhat more polite and has the same number of letters so it won't mess up our crossword puzzles.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:05 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 385

Originally Posted by Non Serviam View Post
It would be such a simple choice, if Hillary was in any sense a morally superior being to the Donald. But I'm afraid the situation is that you Americans are being asked to choose between psychopaths.
Yep, in the jungles of Vietnam if you want to help your VISA application you just slip an official some US dollars, in the dirt roads of Ecuador if you hand out a few more US dollars out of the taxi window at a small roadside hut you get "safe passage". Good honest corruption and thuggery. Trump is an honest thug, he will smile while beating you with a baseball bat and tell you what a pleasure it is doing so. Clinton will do exactly the same thing but couch the action in politispeak, "administration fee", legalese, and suddenly the action is non-corrupt and she will not be thought of as a thug.
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 10-22-2016, 03:27 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 733

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
That didn't happen in the debate I saw. Trump was asked if he would support the results of the election.

He answered, "I will look at it at the time. I'm not looking at anything now."

That's bad enough. There's really no reason to make things up.
I view that outrage over the comment that tRUMP might challenge the election, and that he is keeping his options open to be fake.

I can remember in 2000 when the idiot AlGore was lauded for challenging election results. John Kerry whined about the results of Ohio in 2004

What is deemed outrage is always based on whose ox is getting gored....

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mohican For This Useful Post:
Myers (10-22-2016)
Old 10-22-2016, 05:20 AM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

Originally Posted by Mohican View Post
I view that outrage over the comment that tRUMP might challenge the election, and that he is keeping his options open to be fake.

I can remember in 2000 when the idiot AlGore was lauded for challenging election results. John Kerry whined about the results of Ohio in 2004

What is deemed outrage is always based on whose ox is getting gored....
Oh yeah, I agree about the phony outrage part.

But when it comes to actual election fraud what any non-idiot would do is wait until the votes are in to see if there is any evidence that the election was rigged before saying anything about it.

If it's about the process being "rigged" because of the media and the "Clinton machine," that's something else.

I tend to think people go to the various media outlets that confirm their biases, and they are quick to dismiss negative stories about their candidate; but that's where things are kind of unprecedented with this election. Trump can't stop saying amazingly stupid things and tweeting etc. and that just makes for good copy. Naturally it's going to dominate the news of the day and it's easy to digest; but whose fault is that?

Now I get both the digital version of the New York Times and Washington Post. (I know what you're thinking already; but I also get the hard copy of the National Review and I always check out how the various stories are reported on Breitbart and redsate etc.) I was really kind of amazed at how the Post especially seemed to actually be trying for some kind of equivalency with Hilary and all her shenanigans, but once again, Trump's petulance and his big fat mouth soon took over the headlines.

Of course, Trump and his bumbling campaign apparatus have done a terrible job capitalizing on Hilary's issues and unpopularity going into the general election. In that regard, he just can't articulate the things that COULD have made headlines without screwing it up. (And the republicans in general have always done a poor job with messaging and manipulating the media. They just don't learn.)

I think what this boils down to is Trump is afraid he's going to get his ass handed to him, so he's preparing his excuses ahead of time. But it's backfiring as usual; and now THAT'S the story. So of course, Hilary is making the most of it with the pumped up outrage. Unfortunately for Trump, all of it just makes him look like a sore loser and he hasn't even lost yet.

And then there are people who are just going to make up their own narrative to support what they already believe. For example, watching a debate and then fabricating an exchange that never happened.

Last edited by Myers; 10-22-2016 at 07:16 AM..
Old 10-26-2016, 08:26 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 733

As unlikable as Willard M. Romney was, the chance of this happening outside of rigging is right around the grade point average at Animal House Zero Point Zero Zero. The statistical anomaly to end all statistical anomalies.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/romney-e...ban-precincts/

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral...l#incart_river

The vote, incredibly, was unanimous in Obama's favor in nine Cleveland precincts.

The largest of those voted 542-0 in favor of Obama. In seven other Cleveland precincts and one in East Cleveland, Romney didn't pick up a single vote, though votes for third-party candidates stopped the president short of unanimous victories.
The man who wrote this story has checked the data several years apart and came up with the same results. (because people thought this was "an urban legend".

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:49 AM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,231
Default This man is a psychopath

Hmm... it doesn't seem impossible or even unlikely that a conservative candidate in an historically relevant election would not receive even one vote in a few of the most liberal precincts.

Large voter turnout. Long lines. Obama going to win Ohio anyway because of the inner city vote. Why would I as a conservative even bother?

Last edited by brianpatrick; 10-26-2016 at 11:12 AM..
Old 10-26-2016, 03:58 PM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

I'd have to look it up, but in the case of Philadelphia, I believe some of those precincts had only a handful of registered republicans voters.

And grant it, they were much smaller because they were rural, but there were mostly white precincts with no votes for Obama.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:43 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 733

Originally Posted by Non Serviam View Post

I'm curious why you think Hillary would be an easy choice if you set morals aside.

As Secretary of State her decisions, especially in the Middle East were disastrous, and I see nothing positive of note as a Senator.

This isn't a partisan issue - in 2008 I saw little difference between McCain and Obama, in 2012 I saw little between Willard Romney and Obama. Voting 3rd party then made sense to me, especially because I thought the 3rd party candidates had it right.

In 2016 There isn't a third party candidate I really like, Johnson has went full looney tunes, leaving the Hillary - tRUMP crapshoot.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:46 AM
Non Serviam (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 590

I'm curious why you think Hillary would be an easy choice if you set morals aside.
I'm sorry, was I unclear? I was trying to say that Hillary is not morally superior to Trump.

Neither of them is a good choice for President in any way, and I have no idea how, out of all the people in the US, you ended up with a choice between these two. I mean, normally you manage to have at least one candidate who could stand on the world stage opposite Vladimir Putin or Angela Merkel or Theresa May and not look like a hopeless idiot....
;

English is a strange language. It can be understood through tough thorough thought though.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:18 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 733

No, you were not unclear. I read your indication that morals aside you might choose Hillary over tRUMP. If you chose them on something other than morals I think Hillary is a screw up that has made bad choices when she's made choices at all.

I'll have to inform myself on Theresa May. I don't think Merkel is any mental giant, leaving Putin.

In my Ideal world James Webb would have won the Dem nomination and Rand Paul the Republican nomination, and then if we gave the 12th amendment a 4 or 8 year suspension.....

PickleBottom (10-27-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 11:21 AM
Non Serviam (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 590

No, I rightly don't get to choose between Trump and Clinton. Which I'm grateful for, as I wouldn't want to take any responsibility for the outcomes of either choice.

Angela Merkel is no mental giant, which is only natural because no mental giant would want her job. She's the front for the German government machine, which is a paragon of bureaucratic efficiency and clever design, but she needs no exceptional mental capacity. Her job is to have a calm, dignified and unruffled demeanour, appear certain in the face of difficult choices, and have a track record of solid administrative competence. (You Americans are fucked: both of the hopeless nongs on your voting card are totally outclassed in these things.)

I have no idea who Bill Webb is. I know who Rand Paul is and agree that he would be preferable to Clinton or Trump.
;

Old 10-27-2016, 11:40 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 733

James Webb - Retired Combat Marine, served as Ronnie Reagan's Secretary of the Navy. He is a Democrat that served as a Federal Senator from Virginia, but term limited himself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Webb

He's a very good writer, I enjoyed Born FIghting, his treatis on the Scots Irish in the US. https://www.amazon.com/Born-Fighting.../dp/0767916891

Oh, and he has no enemies that he knows of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t48MyL5QdAc

http://thefederalist.com/2015/10/14/...combat-record/

Old 10-27-2016, 01:08 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 385

No, you were not unclear. I read your indication that morals aside you might choose Hillary over tRUMP. If you chose them on something other than morals I think Hillary is a screw up that has made bad choices when she's made choices at all.

I'll have to inform myself on Theresa May. I don't think Merkel is any mental giant, leaving Putin.

In my Ideal world James Webb would have won the Dem nomination and Rand Paul the Republican nomination, and then if we gave the 12th amendment a 4 or 8 year suspension.....
Rand Paul should have chosen as to whether he wanted to be a conservative or a libertarian rather than being either a libertarian pretending to be a conservative (to get the conservative vote) or a conservative pretending to be a libertarian (to get the libertarian vote). If he stuck to his guns (on being a libertarian) he would IMO be where Trump is right now.

But a person who states they are a libertarian yet everyone should go to church, not have abortions, not be married if you are gay, not be anything other than Christian, only support the Red Sox, only write with your right hand, when you brush your teeth make sure you brush fives times up, five times down and five times side-to-side etc etc etc etc etc etc etc oh yes but because you are a libertarian you are allowed to pay less taxes... he should have said "elect me and you will be free from governmental, religious, legal and economic tyranny"
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 10-27-2016, 01:50 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,231

Then Rand would have been where Gary Johnson is, only better versed in the issues of the day.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:51 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,231

The US is a long way from electing a libertarian
Old 10-27-2016, 01:51 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,231

Or a socialist
Old 10-27-2016, 04:51 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,231

James Webb - Retired Combat Marine, served as Ronnie Reagan's Secretary of the Navy. He is a Democrat that served as a Federal Senator from Virginia, but term limited himself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Webb

He's a very good writer, I enjoyed Born FIghting, his treatis on the Scots Irish in the US. https://www.amazon.com/Born-Fighting.../dp/0767916891

Oh, and he has no enemies that he knows of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t48MyL5QdAc

http://thefederalist.com/2015/10/14/...combat-record/

I wasn't impressed with Jim Webb at the time. I know it was because he's just not a good speaker and seemed awkward and almost dumb.

But... I'd give $100 to have him instead of Hillary. Although, I think the Trump train would have rolled over him. I also don't think he would have been able to play dirty enough to counter the vicious attacks from the right.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:32 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,231

Oh, and Lincoln and Hillary are stunningly pandering in the video you posted. I missed it then, but it's glaring now.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:23 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 385

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
Then Rand would have been where Gary Johnson is, only better versed in the issues of the day.
The US is a long way from electing a libertarian
Or a socialist
Yeah, but there are Libertarians who are under the impression that elected Libertarians make the rules for everybody else while having different rules for themselves, this is also true of Socialism when elected Socialists make the rules for everybody else while having different rules for themselves (i.e. Communism), this is also true of Capitalism when elected government make the rules for everybody else while having different rules for themselves. These types of society/government, are only in title alone, Libertarian, Socialist or Capitalist but in application do not even resemble the theory.

That's the issue in most cases, the theory is usually sound and humane, but when it gets digested by a sociopath and shat out, it only resembles the initial theory in name alone, and looks and smells like shit. But for some inhumane reason, known only to sociopaths, it has to be applied to every person regardless of how stupid the application of the idea is.
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 10-28-2016, 03:52 AM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

Wouldn't you know. Mike Pence is screwing up my vacation. The runway his plane went off is closed, and all flights into LaGuardia are delayed.
Old 10-28-2016, 05:34 AM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,231

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
Wouldn't you know. Mike Pence is screwing up my vacation. The runway his plane went off is closed, and all flights into LaGuardia are delayed.

See? a three way.
The Following User Says Thank You to brianpatrick For This Useful Post:
Myers (10-29-2016)
Old 11-01-2016, 09:42 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 733

Originally Posted by PickleBottom View Post
Rand Paul should have chosen as to whether he wanted to be a conservative or a libertarian rather than being either a libertarian pretending to be a conservative (to get the conservative vote) or a conservative pretending to be a libertarian (to get the libertarian vote). If he stuck to his guns (on being a libertarian) he would IMO be where Trump is right now.

But a person who states they are a libertarian yet everyone should go to church, not have abortions, not be married if you are gay, not be anything other than Christian, only support the Red Sox, only write with your right hand, when you brush your teeth make sure you brush fives times up, five times down and five times side-to-side etc etc etc etc etc etc etc oh yes but because you are a libertarian you are allowed to pay less taxes... he should have said "elect me and you will be free from governmental, religious, legal and economic tyranny"
Although most Libertarians won't recognize it, Libertarians are invested in what they think is a kinder, gentler nationalism. Or even more deluded, a kinder gentler globalism. Which often ends up as a tyranny of the masses.

Government is best when it is in scale and close to the people it serves.

PickleBottom (11-01-2016)
Old 11-01-2016, 12:57 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 385

Although most Libertarians won't recognize it, Libertarians are invested in what they think is a kinder, gentler nationalism. Or even more deluded, a kinder gentler globalism. Which often ends up as a tyranny of the masses.

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion?
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-02-2016, 08:37 AM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 230

Here's a typical elistist exhange:

"Good God, man, what about the masses?"

"They're under control. Fuck 'em."

wrc

You're not dead 'til you're dead and when you are you won't know it. So, keep on writing and having fun.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:21 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 733

Originally Posted by PickleBottom View Post
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion?
I have met very few Libertarians that are actual States rights boosters, and many take the view that the 14th amendment supercedes the 10th on all issues. (tenth amendment, what's that?)

I can expand further, if desired.

PickleBottom (11-03-2016)
Old 11-03-2016, 01:10 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 385

I have met very few Libertarians that are actual States rights boosters, and many take the view that the 14th amendment supercedes the 10th on all issues. (tenth amendment, what's that?)

I can expand further, if desired.
The Libertarians that I have "met" (read about online) are only libertarian when it comes to paying less taxes and are "Christian" (not in the Jesus sense of the term Christian, such as, love your enemies and do unto others) in every other respect.

I have not yet read of a contemporary US libertarian commentator who states all people should be allowed agency and are also respectful or enabling towards people who don't. In a way it is only allowing libertarianism for their kind.
-George Bernard Shaw

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table