WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Non-Fiction

Non-Fiction Journals, biographies, memoirs, etc.

Arial Narrow

Old 02-26-2017, 05:13 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 220
Default Arial Narrow

Brandon Lee watched as four henchmen from the Nether Vales flew over the cocker spaniel pen in his rooftop. The airplane drumming along was what he was used to, however much it is hard to take for the youth to have a shouting match after dinner; what he thought about to keep him company was a little girl, about half his age and thus, too young for most people to suspect him of. Only by sundown did he finish up with what’s left of homework these days; he sat on the Ferris Wheel alone, thinking. Better than doing nothing was a fantasy, and he’d weep every now and again, staying up past midnight; giant blue and black eyeballs would pierce him under use. The morning sun was often too dark for him to leave the bed.

He found his shallow life contained nothing meaningful but work and play, and the rewards were slim except seeing this girl’s face, later called Angelica. She made his mouth water repeatedly, mainly because she seemed to be so vulnerable, something someone much sturdier could help her out of, all within reasons unbeknownst to her.

They played all day, only in his fantasies, and then they left him wretched and sobered up. Brandon had met Angelica at the Dawn's Yawns beside the frozen lake center for a child’s delight in Dippin’ Dots ice-cream. She had looked at him, and Brandon could’ve sworn she had melted while looking right at him, and as her eyes passed over him, he noticed they were hazel and gold and would remarkably forget him immediately, as he wasn’t much to look at compared to her.

Ebbing life in the trees. Stars losing their steam. Oscars?

author's q: l'm just wondering if it's boring, or if it sets you in what mood? Working on moods for my novel. Kind of catchy, really trying for charismatic stuff. Poetry! yay me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
💭
Old 02-26-2017, 11:41 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

You usin' chlorophyll for ink?
Old 02-27-2017, 08:04 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 377

Well it definitely both reads well and sets a mood. But it depends on what kind of mood you are after. Have you ever seen Fargo (the movie rather than the series)? There is some writing at the start of the movie that sets the mood and then the movie goes completely against the grain (at least in my interpretation). I interpreted the movie in hindsight to be a comedy, but not a dark comedy, but this could be a by-product of my ever-increasing immunity to violence and the lack of sex on TV*. Who knows?

I then saw a documentary on McCullin, which made the aforementioned movie seem ever more like a comedy...

*Sex just happens randomly in TV series nowadays, two characters just randomly start fucking each other - it makes it hard to keep up. There's no foreplay or sexual tension preceding the act, unless the act does not follow, then there is plenty.

I cannot predict when a sex scene is going to happen in a TV series. In Game of Thrones it just happens, usually as one scene ends where a giant is debating the pros and cons of Winterfell, and another begins, with the Queen of Kings Landing fucking her brother.

My theory as to why this is due to the censor guys - who have to cut as much sex out of a TV series possible, just in case people start worshipping Satan or vote for the communists. Violence is good for business though, having the average capitalist watch 3 hours of mutilation, stabbing, severing, sawing, cutting, etc actually increases profits on the stock market.

Anyway I digress, the average censor guy has to watch hours of film, so most likely just fast forwards to where they believe the sex will happen, and then cut it out. But if the sex randomly appears in the film the sex is not cut and therefore we get to view it. I have watched so much Game of Thrones recently I have become a Wiccan and a card-carrying-communist.
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
The Following User Says Thank You to PickleBottom For This Useful Post:
Nick Pierce (03-01-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 09:32 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 220

@nicky pierce, aw, come on. try it! the colors was supposed to like suck ppl in. you know, for my hot threads.

@pickles, you're really interesting. i didn't even notice but yeah, tv is boring when they're fooling satanists. lol. i was going for an artistic aha1 mood. like the author being me, really cares about being artsy and really doesn't accomplish that. basically "Generic".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
💭
Old 03-01-2017, 12:13 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

[QUOTE=chat bot

the color suck

[/QUOTE]

Suggest you try dark blue next time.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:27 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 377

Originally Posted by chat bot View Post
@nicky pierce, aw, come on. try it! the colors was supposed to like suck ppl in. you know, for my hot threads.

@pickles, you're really interesting. i didn't even notice but yeah, tv is boring when they're fooling satanists. lol. i was going for an artistic aha1 mood. like the author being me, really cares about being artsy and really doesn't accomplish that. basically "Generic".
Why thank you, I have never been called interesting before. I really like the piece. But yeah, I've been watching a whole heap of home decorating and architectural shows on TV lately, even though I live in a cave, and they get to use words like, "space" and "generous" and "cozy" and "palette" to describe a room, whereas writers only get to use words, such as, "space" and "generous" and "cozy" and "palette" to describe a room. But space is important, and probably one of the most under-rated scientific phenomena, but it obviously exists or I could reach out and touch my target audience.

Apparently some creatures have a large bone that enclaves their inner-ear and surrounding this bone is a thin space, high frequencies cannot penetrate to the inner ear but low frequencies (like the beating of owl wings) can. Selective hearing, created by space. What is not there is (just as) important as what is there. My next novel I am going to have hundreds of blank pages with sentences randomly inserted throughout, a person flipping through will miss the point.
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 03-01-2017, 05:48 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

Now on the subject of colours, chat, what colours are you wearing as you read this?
Old 03-01-2017, 06:03 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 220

@picklebottom, what's the point? if you're not gonna write it.

nick pierce, flowers pink and green and black, and pretty shorts.

💭
The Following User Says Thank You to chat bot For This Useful Post:
Nick Pierce (03-02-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 06:30 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 377

Originally Posted by chat bot View Post
@picklebottom, what's the point? if you're not gonna write it.

nick pierce, flowers pink and green and black, and pretty shorts.
Saves me thinking... but!

Have you ever tried to tell a person that you love them, but for one reason or another you were not allowed to, they were married, you were married, it was the 1700s and they were either above or below your station. Space can represent this. Space can mean a lot of difference if a person wants to hold hands. Space between words can do the same thing;

Juliet

.......................Romeo
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 03-01-2017, 06:40 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 377

Originally Posted by Nick Pierce View Post
Now on the subject of colours, chat, what colours are you wearing as you read this?
I'm wearing my favourite colour - dinosaur-poo green
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 03-02-2017, 03:26 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

[QUOTE=chat bot

pretty shorts

[/QUOTE]

Define "pretty" as you use it here.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:28 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

[QUOTE=PickleBottom

Have you ever tried to tell a person that you love them, but for one reason or another you were not allowed to, they were married, you were married, it was the 1700s and they were either above or below your station. Space can represent this. Space can mean a lot of difference if a person wants to hold hands. Space between words can do the same thing;

Juliet

.......................Romeo[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Sometimes too much space can mean poison to a relationship.

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Non-Fiction