WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 03-10-2014, 03:42 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere, an ex drug-adict

"...well evidently you're explanation part seemed even better than your manuscript there..." ventured the goblin never one to critic much anyway, but than confiding "...well, I guess writing is different things to different people now, and where in its continued practice, that of posting while adding a picture to each post then, three things will occur within you I promise, you'll gain a writer's way with words, an illustrator's eye, and a shared life, however, much like when you took drugs back then, what you do now will do you back too, so this writing lark is not something to be taken lightly now, for it too is mind altering in its way...", the goblin looked down at his hands, and then back at xxxxx, sighing "...no, the reader usually moves on at some point yet the writer is not so lucky here, for he remains with that shared life within his head still, which can be a bit like a bad trip at times, one with no off-switch neither, for what you write writes you back again and again and again, so be careful how you proceed is all I'm saying..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-01-2016 at 02:41 AM..
Old 03-11-2014, 03:08 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere, the mouse's site

“…me I try to chat with the author either on the forum itself, or on their blog then, or I wait till others are talking about someone and then try to chat them too…” mentioned the goblin, quickly adding “…well I tend to avoid an author who is alive but who forgoes any online presence almost as much as I avoid those authors who are only their books upon writer’s forums…”, but by now the goblin guessed that most humans reading this comment understood how “online” meant a two way street here, indeed those days of readersheep were fast disappearing in his view, smiling “…well now, if you buy a book without first probing the author, haven’t you only got yourself to blame if that book then falls short of your expectations…”, “…well it’s just as well you never write books goblin isn’t it…” intervened the slot at this point, continuing “…I mean goblin that normal people don’t even read this far do they…”, to which the goblin’s mind fell back to the line nobody reads my posts but it’s always a somebody who replies

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-05-2016 at 01:58 AM..
Old 03-11-2014, 05:05 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere, chatting with an old soldier

Rattles his old style newspaper- "USA Today"- and gives a scowl that freezes the water in Goblins water glass* The foul Ukrainians have threatened to use nuclear weapons against the Russians! I've considered getting a more sensitive probe for my CDV700 radiation detector ( CD V-700 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD_V-700) ) because I've always known some ass would use a nuke. Figured the North Koreans first, then the middle eastern- the Ukrainian's didn't even show up on my radar until a few hours ago. So I just spent $300 to upgrade my CDV700 to make sure I get ALL the radiation. I don't mind ladies who wear bikini's and have sun tans- I find the contrast very sexy- but I am against being nuked on general principals! Checked my gas masks to filter out the Alpha radiation, should probably get some potassium iodine, and I took the 10 hour/1 college credit free FEMA class on "Radiological Emergency Management" IS-3: Radiological Emergency Management | FEMA - Emergency Management Institute (EMI) Course (http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/c...aspx?code=IS-3) I had taken the course some 8 years ago- figured it was time for an update. It's dinner time and I should raid the fridge- however, I have to wait until I'm done with the Veterans Administration's computer system. It's blinking it's little green eye at me telling me to log in, and get fondled by the electronic doctor.
"...one of your best yet..." went the goblin not knowing if the old soldier meant to write or whether it was a byproduct of his wish to relate his own mind now, adding "...I'm coming across an awful lot of humans on forumland who are either over complacent or over confident then, where my biggest fear is not that one side or the other wins, but that it all becomes protracted where hate can often cloud the senses and where misunderstands and mishaps can and do occur...", where the goblin's mind fell upon those words well, those guns over there then as the light brigade readied in somewhat disbelief

230 4412 131764

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-05-2016 at 01:58 AM..
Old 03-13-2014, 03:51 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere, the "are you happy with your life" thread

On a scale of 1 to 10, how happy are you? For the first time I can actually give myself a 10.
"...I guess my dailylife is a fluctuation of any of those numbers between 2 and 9..." observed the goblin who seemed too old to feel any extreme towards dailylife, adding "...I'm a coward, one who no longer takes those risks of youth, moreover one that doesn't stray from that accepted norm wherever possible, a prisoner of my age perhaps where reckless youth has given way to such valued wisdom hasn't it, save that if I were to offer anyone advice it would be don't grow too wise too soon, lest you end up seeing through both your desires and your fears, and lest everything then becomes some mere external by that understanding that it is external then..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-05-2016 at 02:00 AM..
Old 03-14-2014, 09:43 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere

the goblin realized that if he didn't go to sleep, then no doubt sleep would come to him instead, but that urge to be that last poster on this "last post" thread here was the norm, and yet his problem, if there was a problem, was not taking the very last spot on the "last post" thread, but the understanding that if one knew that this post could be one's very last post on any thread, then "what one would write" should matter, something that the goblin felt was that time old problem of knowing what one wanted but not knowing how to go about getting it, saying "...oh how lame it would be, just to write "I win" then..." and with that the goblin pressed the post button with a lone find with his hands as if clutching the last post still, yet it was never enough to win, no he wanted to win with something truly worthy of his pen, for that seemed to be the constant that pushed him ever on, smiling "...me by my pen, and by my pen me..."

230 4414 132124

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-05-2016 at 02:02 AM..
Old 03-15-2014, 12:58 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere the "I think of the Malaysian Airlines flight as a Schrodinger's Plane" thread

It's both flying around and blown to bits until someone finds it.
"...while we are thinking upon the missing plane we are not thinking about the probable east west war occurring this year but while we are thinking upon the war then we are not thinking about the collapsing economy..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...simply that our priorities should not give way to their sensationalism, so the media draws your attention away each time where a plane is after all one lone plane, and where the forthcoming war is more important but is as of yet not here, though the economic collapse is here as in slow then sudden, slowly now, already happening, clearly happening too, but without reportage even to the point where it seems it's not happening at all...", simply the goblin felt that if one follows the news one will swallow their agenda with it while being blindsided where their need be, so instead one had to become one's own journalist here based upon one's own assumptions, where first and foremost must be that notion that real knowledge and true understanding are purposefully hidden from those who would follow the media without question here

231 4415 132232

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-05-2016 at 02:05 AM..
Old 03-16-2014, 10:23 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere, the "crimea 'votes' to join russia, secede from the ukraine" thread

"...the trouble with any territorial devoice is when one tries to draw up their borders..." mentioned the goblin, suspecting that most of the teritory would be clear but that there would be unworkable enclaves on both sides, adding "...this was hot moment that will now probably cool down getting bitter instead...", but the goblin's mind was elsewhere thinking upon this present day polarization and to what was to all intents and purposes coldwar 2, adding "...in war it's often said that there are no neutrals , which is true only in sentiment alone for one can remain undeclared and thus neutral by it, however in a cold war that statement rings true for there can be no neutrals for none are perceived as such, so no, there are only considerations to make and sides to choose between, where no doubt my country switzerland will side with the money..."

231 4416 132459

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-05-2016 at 02:08 AM..
Old 03-16-2014, 11:00 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere

Reading poorly written articles on obscure Russian websites is not researching the truth bro.
"...perhaps, but reading poorly written articles regardless of where they come from is keeping one's outlook open I believe..." went the goblin who like everyone else he imagined didn't know the half of it, adding "...america, the EU, and russia too, are each trying to grab something out of this, but the crimea is populated by russians whereas the western half of the country isn't, so now the country will split into two or will be entirely run by russia, all it means is that any pretense of independence for the little guys is wearing thin, a lesson not to be lost a third world country wherever they might be, for example what the EU did to greece was no different nor worse than what russia to its former satellites, or what america does to iraq...", "...it's called protecting our interests goblin where the little guy becomes a vassal of the superpower either economically through debt like is lesser EU countries, or through brute force like iraq and crimea..." went the voice in the back of the goblin's mind again, but the real war was not this one yet he felt, no the media war would come first, this wasn't that false flag that sets one into rage

Caught Red-Handed » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-03-2016 at 05:37 AM..
Old 03-16-2014, 11:18 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere, chatting with an old soldier

"...come let us share woes then..." went the goblin looking at his paycheck slip that came through the post this morning, and thinking it as the smallest one he'd ever had, then adding "...no, I'd receive more on benefit but I like the work, and I like working too, so being poor is like cutting back and saving up for the most wondrous something imaginable without saving...", in fact, the goblin would not have seen what he saw if he had been contented, saying "...the poor are us now perhaps, but I'm more awake by poverty, plus I'm now rich timewise too..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-03-2016 at 06:18 AM..
Old 03-19-2014, 02:28 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere the mouse's place

Unsettling. The times I have reached out, the person was much nearer. Sometimes another will accept help and/or advice, but not always. Sometimes they have made up their mind in advance and it does no good to try to bridge that distance. The only time I was around someone determined to take their own life, there was nothing I could do. The doctors (body & brain), hospital staffing, Chaplin, etc. were equally helpless. As my father said, “I knew this body when it was young and strong and I liked it. Now I’m old and weak, and I don’t like it.” They cannot pour enough nutrients into an aging person determined to go home.
“…where his death is nature’s debt repaid in full now, for it was ever borrowed time while it lasted…” ventured the goblin moved by what he had just read, adding “…but I guess I’m like him though, I mean I spent years catching my mother’s slow slide into dementia, but never once would I envisage my children supporting me in that manner, not that it’s pride on my part, nor cowardice neither, more it’s just that it would dash my dream I hold of their happiness, and besides, doesn’t one have to die sometime of something then, might as well make it dying for those one loves then, you miss him but you must be proud of him too, or am I missing something here, tell me more if you like…”

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-03-2016 at 06:19 AM..
Old 03-19-2014, 03:22 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere, continuation of above

Of course, I miss him just as I miss my mother. That was part of his problem. Mama had been dead for two years and six months. All his friends had passed away as he had been watching them do so for over forty years. He was strong and gentle, but even as he was dying he still managed to teach others. He was to the point where he did not recognize anyone, but when the Chaplin said the Lord’s Prayer and pronounced the Aaron Blessing (given at the end of Lutheran services), the peace of God filled his face and for a moment that horrible breathing returned to normal and he slept naturally for about two hours. The Chaplin was young and quite dumbfounded. He had heard of the power of God’s Word, had preached about it, but had never seen it in action before. I was blessed to have such parents.
by now the goblin had read xxxxx’s second post here, end offered a hug of sorts, and then smiled, probably seeing himself there and how he himself would like to be like her father too, adding “…to be honest, the default of a man is ever “off” isn’t it, no, these circumstances keep one here perhaps but the point of life was never longevity alone, no it was to fight on till all dignity and purpose was gone from one, as in spent perhaps, and then to wisely join one’s comrades one’s parents and old one's friends too off the battlefield so to speak, for one doesn’t leave here until the spirit is ready, all meaning that to kill oneself during battle is such a betrayal, a cold callous selfish action that sows doubt and pain amongst those left behind as to whether they caused it or as to whether it could have been prevented too, but no, your father’s case was the opposite, clearly his spirit was ready and they’re all together now, just that that is life’s debt I suppose, where we’ll all be together at some point, for we all belong in our own time as some debt paid perhaps…”

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-03-2016 at 06:21 AM..
Old 03-19-2014, 03:38 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere

Global warming is real, idiot
"...global warming is only part of the onward climatic destabilization here..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...better would be to focus upon post glacial rebound now, why so, well perhaps because they when they tell us on the media that the sealevel is rising at half a meter a year in the maldives, or at the bikini atoll then, simply you and I both know that the sea can't rise somewhere alone without there being a uniform sealevel rise across the board, as explained in if you have a bath then rather obviously your bathwater goes up on alls sides of your bath equally, likewise then the sea is just a big bath where global sealevel rise is less than 1cm per year, so now if the sealevel isn't rising 50cm a year and yet clearly you observe that those island disappearing under the waves, what becomes the obvious truth they're hiding from you, yes that's right, not that the sealevel is rising but that the seabed is sinking, subduction in other words...", in fact, global warming was secondary here, the main player would be the tectonic awakening, whereupon the goblin just sighed "...eighty volcanoes erupting last year is unprecedented, earthquake up by 600% in ten year too, I mean if you want to know what even one volcano can do, join the dots between 1783 laki eruption and the french revolution, and, if the katla volcano goes off now europe won't be worrying about global warming any time soon, and let's not think about yellowstone here or the fact that the new madrid fault line sleeps below 40 nuclear reactors today, where fukushima is ten times bigger than chernobyl but is minor in comparison to what in store if either the new madrid faultline were to quake or yellowstone were to errupt..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katla_volcano

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowstone_Caldera

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Madrid_Seismic_Zone

231 4421 132625

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-03-2016 at 06:23 AM..
Old 03-19-2014, 03:48 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere, continuation of above

pretty sure that yellowstone volcano has been teetering on active for like, a long long time.
"...first, tell me what you know about post glacial warming, why the 80 volcanoes went off last year, and why we have 500% more earthquakes today than ten years ago..." smiled the goblin, adding "...you see it's not so much temperature as the weight of water upon the seafloor that counts where 1 cubic mtr of water weighs a ton and where you can imagine what 14trigar tons of ice melting into the sea in three years has done..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-03-2016 at 06:25 AM..
Old 03-20-2014, 12:28 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere,

"...well, I'm glad I read this and it's good to learn how something should be done, even if I myself tend to use a comma like someone would take a breath of air to continue speaking I suppose..." ventured the aware that most of his readers were those forum goers freshly off facebook, adding "...just that the omission of the full stop stops me from going overboard on length here, in short with me it's one run on sentence per post...", "...ah yes, that delusion of you reliving your youth in writing isn't it goblin, where perfection would betray that age of yours, and how vain you seem by it too..." intervened the slot but the goblin just gleed at the thought of being as young as one writes once more

231 4423 132693

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-03-2016 at 06:26 AM..
Old 03-20-2014, 08:04 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere

I will usually date someone for a month or so and then just act like a prick until they stop contacting me. After getting super high and thinking about it i have come to the conclusion i will always be like this. I feel my lack of respect for every woman comes from my disdain of my mother running off when i was a baby. i love my mother but i have no respect for her at all. fuck a therapist wickie saves my money by getting high
"...sounds like you're rather like your mother then, in that she ran away from you so now you follow her example by run away from each relationship you start, or use her as your excuse to do so..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...anyway, no one here can pass comment where only you know the truth of it, I mean either you're happy by yourself where you relating this means what exactly, or you're not happy by yourself meaning you're both kidding yourself and lying to everyone too, so which is it to be I wonder...", in fact, the goblin too could blame his circumstance for himself but few would ever buy it viewpoint, least of all him now

231 148

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-05-2016 at 11:02 PM..
Old 03-20-2014, 08:11 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere, about some goblin somewhere who inadvertently lands upon the wrong thread, the "ladies: red river roll call" thread

naah, the goblin suspected that most women didn't turn into monsters once a month, ah no, instead they were actually like that then, only that their periods stopped them from keeping up their pretense to be otherwise, smiling "...if it's any consolation, most men are either too blind to notice, or very careful not to let on, probably why we seem so inconsiderate throughout, but then agian we're not suppose to notice are we..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-05-2016 at 05:18 AM..
Old 03-20-2014, 11:00 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

("...a new landing, writertypes again, bet I won't last a week there..." mentioned the goblin)

repost from elsewhere, the "what keeps you reading or makes you quit" thread

"...for me, the problem is not the quality of the book here, for there are many fine books published today, both indie or otherwise, no it's that so few humans still have the time in their day to read at length..." mentioned the goblin who asked to be forgiven for the way he wrote in that he wished to remain anonymous by it, then continuing "...why so, well could it be because of this internet here where simply an ebook author is up against the likes of either forumland or that blogworld, or simply that facebook again, so simply book sales are not what they were, and thus going through one's day fewer people reading books than before, clearly even newspapers are suffering because of the pace of things...", at which point the goblin reached out for his coffee, took a swig and the looked back at xxxxx again, smiling "...no the other big problem is that the reader wants interaction now, where online is a two way street of course, but where a book is ever that one way of form author to reader only, but then I ask myself which if any of the authors here have an online readership, who amongst them are known by their posts, because I'll let you into a little secret now, a conjecture on my part though, but since I first read the posts to follow the author, I imagine too that the savvy reader is unlikely to click on a link in the signature of the post, nor download anything per se, until he or she has judged the qualities of that author through their posts alone, where the rule of thumb is an author who treats a reader on forum like some sales target is best to be avoided...", time up, the goblin hit the post button wondering if he had xxxxx had even read this far where sane people never did he knew

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-05-2016 at 11:03 PM..
Old 03-21-2014, 03:45 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere, another writer's forum again

"...just my curiosity humans ..." started the goblin writing anonymously as always, then continuing "...but if a reader like myself were to show up on this forum here by mistake even, where obviously more and more readers are showing up here surfing forumland today to find their next read, I mean where would they go to see just how well you authors write then, in other words where on this forum here are your posts, or extracts of your works, or other stuff, that merit my biding my time with you now...", but the goblin just felt that that was just forumland for you, where if someone wasn't known on forumland for their posts, then why should their books be any different or any better than those posts then, and where it did seem too that there are more readers online today than most elsewhere, smiling "...yes it's odd how you writers don't take this forum readership seriously enough, ah but tell you what then humans, let's say we do a thread on this forum for those readers to follow you from here to your books, and no it doesn't have to be of your book per se, instead I, like them then, just want to see the fluidity of your pen, for surely a painter is known by his sketches and an author by his posts...", yes but didn't everyone know that goblins were devious by nature, "...ah, but I'm on your side humans if only you would care to be on your side too..." grinned the goblin to a casual wave of his hand

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-05-2016 at 11:06 PM..
Old 03-23-2014, 03:27 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

("...been doing another landing, where I promise nothing quite pitches one against one's complacency than being unknown trying to justify oneself and what one does..." mentioned the goblin happy not banned yet)

repost from elsewhere

fleamailman, I'm not entire sure what the point of your posting "reposts from elsewhere" is. If your point is to produce samples of your writing, perhaps our Book Bazaar is a better place for this thread. We're looking for conversation to take place here.
"...ah no, I'm afraid I would just be cheating you if I posted there, for I have neither book nor blog to speak of, so what would I be doing in your bazaar empty handed I wonder, where all that you ever read of me are my posts alone, and where I'm only ever a few posts away from my oblivion too, so it's live and I feel so alive by it..." ventured the goblin thanking xxxx now, and then looking back at the slot once more, sighing "...repost from elsewhere, merely states that it is a repost another post now, where simply I process my posts in this way, why, perhaps because what the posters really want is something short to set their mind upon before they care to reply to it, or not as the case may be, so it's feeding not reading then, where in want of a better word I'm a livewriter of sorts writing for a forum replyship here, not a writer like yourself who writes for an ebook readership, where you write upon forumland about that those ebooks perhaps, but in fact you write upon my medium to our audience between us now..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-05-2016 at 11:08 PM..
Old 03-23-2014, 07:14 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere

"...me, these days I can't even keep up with my inbox, so perhaps I should go around saying "no no, please don't read my posts humans"..." went the goblin supporting xxxxx where he could still, then explaining "...no, there are more readers across forumland here today than most elsewhere, with one little post getting thousands of readers to it eventually, why so, because of exactly the same reason why you read this posts now, you want to something to digest first and then to be able to reply back to it where motivated, where this posting medium offers you exactly this then, thus anyone would think that writertypes would be the best placed posters to become known upon forumland here, something that evidently won't happen if all one ever sees of them is a sign on the door reading sorry, this diva doesn't sing in her posts, it's strictly plain text here, so please go elsewhere..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-05-2016 at 11:10 PM..
Old 03-23-2014, 02:30 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere, chatting with the old soldier, the topic of regime change

"...well whatever happens, it won't be the populous that actually does it, no as always it'll be the military who usher in regime change, where perhaps the purge of top brass of the american military last year was a subtle warning towards them to keep their heads down and away from politics..." ventured the goblin, only putting himself in their shoes now, then adding "...ah no, no proof as such, but if you were a sham government aware that increasingly people are unhappy about the way things were going, aware too, that one can no longer spend one's way out of this debt, then what other choice would one have other than either refocusing their resentment away from oneself towards some common external enemy instead, a proxy war then, or else by sticking it out making sure that the ones who can protect one are firmly under one's control to do so, where in either choice it all depends upon the military doesn't it...", and just perhaps too, this then was what one was meant to witness here, and if it were, that it became a lesson that the goblin knew he would take beyond his grave, adding "...so hold firm in your faith, for nothing happens till everything happens, and no storm is over till it stops raining, for gently rolls in that storm and then it's a storm for real isn't it, quite unexpected and against all the the media reported...", though outside the cloudy day just seemed a day which much like any other now, so perhaps the goblin's imagination was getting the better of him again, yet somehow through the view he could hear the witches of macbeth repeating that same old line, their mantra in the background of one's mind, repeating "when the hurlyburly done when the battle's lost or won", and how the air now seemed heavy with a damp sense of arrival too, so much so, that whatever the media reported on the news was drowned out for the sound of those witches repeating their mantra over it

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-05-2016 at 11:40 PM..
Old 03-24-2014, 05:00 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere

It saddens me when couples have babies knowing that I will never give xxxxx a brother or sister because of my split with his dad, But (as you know) I have such a busy and exciting little life with my little guy that another baby would change everything ... But still ... It weighs my heart down ...
"...well yes, often when someone remarries it's much like that maxim that goes that all previous children then become step children, where it isn't intentional on the part of the parents I know, yet their love is rarely equal between the child and step child, so perhaps no other sibling is still better than that the whole insecurity of it..." mentioned the goblin who didn't speak from idle conjecture here, adding "...no, one walks pass that point, and yes I learned much from that experience too, but it isn't fair, and I certainly wouldn't wish that unfairness upon any other child..."

232 4431 133291

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-15-2016 at 11:27 PM..
Old 03-25-2014, 03:34 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere

What would you like to see changed here on this forum to make posting a better and more enjoyable experience for you? this is a private conversation so feel free to be as honest as you want. if one of the problems you would like addressed is with myself and don't feel you can speak with me about it you can send this to xxxxx the goal of this PM is to try and pinpoint the reason for the downward spiral the forum is experiencing and correct it. please give us your open and honest feedback regarding these issues. thank you. ​​
​​"...naah, I appreciate your concern but I was never one for behind the scenes PMs, where I see no downward spiral bar the one that happens when you do not keep me company in your own right here, for you aren't getting any younger and this forum is not you now, it's an external like a venue..." smiled the goblin who didn't accept some "not good with words" excuse not trying even, then repeating "...so don't let us sleep now, keep me company and I will help keep your forum going for myself purely out of my own selfishness, but you must pull your weight in posts, for isn't your homework to find your writing feet before you get too old to be otherwise, unless you want to become yet another transient fool like so many across forumland are, ah no, no one is here but you now, so I'll ask you once more, you're alive but is your life passing by without comment from you..." for it's always a somebody who posts

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-15-2016 at 11:27 PM..
Old 03-25-2014, 11:05 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elesewhere, the christians again

ANYHOW- back to angels. Open your bible- look at the description of "Angels". Please observe the following: 1)They are always male- their names clue you in to their sex. 2)Human females find them desirable as sex mates (the reason for the flood with Noah- how timely this topic would show up with the new movie coming out) 3)They are always sent by G-d on a very specific mission to accomplish. Might be something as simple as delivering a message ("For this day a Savior has been born in the City of David" the Angels sang) or violence (An Angel sent by the Lord G-d to kill Moses because he hadn't circumsized his boys- which his first wife got angry and threw the foreskin/liberal brains at Moses and said "You have made me a bloody wife")
“...quite so, god's angels are just as you state there...” mentioned the goblin thinking upon it, then continuing “...but to me life's angels are more simply those trials and tribulations that one wrestles through one's day, and how they are legion now aren't they, with names like "death", "poverty", "pain", "rejection", "depression", "addiction", "old age", "loss" and "failure", together with so many others too, yet without them though we'd have no real humanity to speak of, no way to find compassion perhaps, and our eyes would be as closed, and our understanding would be as warped, as the pharisee who thinks that god can somehow be duped by ritual alone, where that line went it is good to learn from the enemy, and where if a man doesn't subdue the beast within him he will become that beast in bestiality..", in fact, the goblin held onto a line he had written many times to date for those in their moment of doubt life's angels are not there to be nice they're there to help one shine in their reflection

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-16-2016 at 02:31 AM..
Old 03-25-2014, 01:32 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere, chatting with an author

Anger is like a disease. It can make you tense and miserable. It usually does nothing to solve the situation. My husband had an interesting philosophy, and I’ll quote. “Don’t get angry; get even.” He paid no heed to my response, “If you want to get even, you are angry.”
“…and again your comment feeds me something to ponder now…” mentioned the goblin who couldn’t “get even” with his past he felt, sighing “…just that people have those memories then, yet instead a writer seems like plagued by ghosts each time, and when those curtains finally close and those readers have left the venue so to speak the writer is still there left alone with them, and how they seem to jump out at one in each unguarded moment, just it’s our shared life isn't it, but you and I know that much already, for whatever one writes seems to write one back too, but the reader sees only the entertainment of what we write, but no, the writer has to live with those ghosts like this, yes that's us isn’t it, not easy at times…”

xxxx 4434 133592

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-16-2016 at 02:49 AM..
Old 03-26-2014, 02:19 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere, new, still hewing it

"...still don't know why xxxxx forum banned me then, where I can't say that I care to know neither..." recounted the goblin just thinking that that was just that then, anyway its membership base wasn't as big as those other forums he was on, adding "...no, today my loyalty must be to those forums that allow me to post freely upon them, where my intention is to create "rapport and readership" by posting content where possible, yet often I fear that I might lose sight of why one writes in posts, so if I ever slack off posting for depth just remind me then that I don't have twice to live and that that clock simply ticks away my moments still...", yes, somehow it was a deception he knew, but it was just that the goblin's future felt far extended before him still as his past now felt fleeting behind him but always too late arrives too soon doesn't it, smiling "...the forum is just a venue, the thread is its stage, and you're its act here, where it's not that membership of some other forum but the content of this forum that will advance things slowly but surely now..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-16-2016 at 03:43 AM..
Old 03-26-2014, 11:49 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost form elsewhere, the goblin fending off a troll on the chameleon's thread

Originally Posted by second troll
Originally Posted by first troll
I must be dumb. I don't understand the last page of posts.
That is because of the two morons that are posting on them.
"...ah no, not to worry if and when you might not understand something posted here, for after all it can be of a somewhat intellectual nature now..." advised the goblin comfortingly enough, then adding "...so no, perhaps something you should worry about more is when you don't understand what the second troll has posted instead, for few posters really share that unrivaled simplicity towards their posts that the second troll seems to create so effortlessly each time..."

232 148

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-16-2016 at 04:00 AM..
Old 03-27-2014, 12:06 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere, the "you have 20 weeks to do something" thread

With the understanding that it should be able to reasonably be done in 12 weeks. You passed away 16 weeks, can you do it in 4?
"...you are lucky to have four weeks left even..." smiled the goblin suspecting that in the chimp's case he needed that feeling of "make or break deadline" to feel motivated at all, but then adding "...yet on forumland here there is only ever this "now" by it, and a decision whether to post something of oneself out upon its surface within each passing moment, understanding too that none of any of this matters nor that any of it will last very long neither, just written upon sand, mixed into the water and then spoken upon the wind perhaps, so why write here then, why waste one's time trying to come up with post after post that means something to oneself in this moment here, why, well just perhaps now, because it's not what results "without" of one, that which others then read of you, but that which results "within" one that should be one's true treasure in writing..." but so many posters just saw their lives in terms of their externals possessions or their past deeds, sighing "...but you are not what you have nor who you once were neither, you are ever what is within you still..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 03-27-2014 at 10:20 PM..
Old 03-28-2014, 09:26 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere, the troll's forum again

"...forumland is a wilderness where it's better get used to being alone upon it now as the forums come and go with an ease and repetition that teaches one to post across them, hence that "repost from elsewhere" line you see in my posts often enough..." smiled the goblin who knew too that anything related by others here could be the truth of it, but that then again, there was no real way of knowing for sure, just it was "their word for it" each time, whereupon the goblin just repeated aloud "...and besides, the forum is just a venue then, for the real show is actually what you as posters post upon it...", where the goblin imagined that if he started too many new threads it would just detract from its total, so he rarely started new threads himself preferring instead to keep most of his posts in one place upon each forum in turn while posting outside that thread to show that he was involved in the going ons wherever possible, explaining "...you see, when you start a new thread, no one gets a notification of it whereas if you just post something you wish everyone to see upon a thread that already has many posts to it, then the chances of it being read are exponential to the number of subscribers...", "...oh, you mean like politics where the guy answers one's question with an answer about something he wants to relate here instead, as in political trolling in other words..." inquired the slot now, "...well yes slot, I mean if it's for the good of humanity, if it increases the readership and if those politicians can get away with it too, then why not then, oh btw what was this thread about anyway..." inquired the goblin hastily as an afterthought

Last edited by fleamailman; 03-28-2014 at 10:32 AM..
Old 03-30-2014, 11:04 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,779

repost from elsewhere

"...don't you just hate it when you reread a post only to see so many typos that you've missed the first time round, but I guess that if I wasn't a dyslexic too, that I wouldn't have written nearly so much by now, no just that I'm a creature who still fights those past defeats with present defeats where to cut with one's past would be to lose one's past, so here I am playing double or quit in the hope that perhaps one day I might write without errors..." smiled the goblin who then in an afterthought just added "...but at least I'm in good company though, for after all if the whole financial system behind that government facade can throw good tax money after bad toxic debt, then surely me, as a dyslexic now, can equally throw corrections afters my past too, even if any fool would know that that only piles up number of posts that then need correcting on my part, and yet more debt that needs paying off by you on their behalf..."

xxxx

Last edited by fleamailman; 03-30-2014 at 11:06 AM..

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe