WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Writing Markets

Writing Markets Calls for submissions, paying and non-paying markets.

Quick Fiction

Old 06-07-2006, 02:09 PM
Jay (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran
Loyal Member

Thanks 23
Quick Fiction

Submitting to the Print Journal

Please send stories no longer than 500 words.

Deadline

August 1, 2006 (for issue ten).

Format

All submissions should be titled, typed, double-spaced, page-numbered, and have at least one-inch margins. Author's name and contact info should appear at the top of each page. Minimum length is 25 words, maximum is 500 words. Do not submit more than five stories at a time.

Send To:

Email submissions to: submissions@quickfiction.org. Please include a cover letter and sumbit your manuscript as an attached word processing document (such as Microsoft Word or RTF).

If you wish to submit through mail, please mail to:

Quick Fiction
26 Jefferson Street
Cambridge, MA 02141

Include cover letter and SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope). Do not send via certified mail, FedEx, UPS, or any other method where a signature may be required.

Simultaneous Submissions

Please notify us immediately at submissions@quickfiction.org if work you have submitted to Quick Fiction has been accepted elsewhere.

Payment

Authors receive two contributor copies of the issue their work appears in, and a 20 percent discount on additional purchased copies.

Rights

Generally, JP Press obtains First North American Serial and/or Electronic Rights. All rights revert back to the author upon publication. If work has been previously published, please specify title, volume, issue, and/or date of the publication or web site where it originally appeared. Actual rights obtained are specific to individual agreements with each author.

Submitting online features
Submit a book for review

Submitting Online Features

Quick Fiction also accepts submissions for material published exclusively on our website (features). We are interested in articles, interviews, reviews, critical essays, microfiction, narrative prose poetry, and other oddities.

Completed pieces or concept pitches should be sent to features@quickfiction.org.

If you would like to be a regular contributor and/or reviewer for our web content, please send three writing samples to features@quickfiction.org and a brief message explaining what sorts of pieces you would be interested in writing. If you are interested in writing reviews, please include a mailing address where review copies can be sent.

Submitting to the print journal
Submit a book for review

Submit a Book for Review

Quick Fiction publishes book reviews of new books of microfiction and prose poetry on our website. Authors and publishers wishing to have a book considered, please send review copies (galleys are acceptable) via First Class or Priority Mail to:

Quick Fiction
Book Reviews
P.O. Box 4445
Salem, MA 01970

Please include a contact name and email address or telephone number. Review copies cannot be returned unless the proper post and packing are included. Do not simply include cost of postage.

What the heck is Quick Fiction?

Quick Fiction is a literary journal featuring stories and narrative prose poems under 500 words. It was founded in 2001 by Adam Pieroni, Publisher, and Jennifer Pieroni, Editor in Chief. The journal is published twice per year, with issues appearing each spring and fall.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:24 PM
kal (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 33

Jay do you know if they accept international submisssions?
Old 06-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Jay (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran
Loyal Member

Thanks 23

kali, I looked through the list of contributing authors, and did see a couple internationals.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:06 PM
kal (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 33

Thank you, I have a thing for flash.. hopefully a few gems to offer up.

I'll query them later.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:18 PM
kal (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 33

I finally queried them, thank you for the oppurtunity Jay.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:13 AM
Jay (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran
Loyal Member

Thanks 23

kali, in the financial business world, I was a really great recruiter. Know why? I believe in showing the most opportunities to the most people possible. Our opportunities are the market and contest listings. Quick Fiction is one of those opportunities. I love helping others achieve their goals. That is my motivation. When it comes to my personal submissions, I use one of my recruiting and sales philosophies. The person that gets the most no's wins. Go get 'em.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:57 AM
kal (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 33

Haha, nice idea Jay lol...

I haven't been rejected yet, I don't know what it feels like, writing wise anyway. ooh I'm excited!

WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Writing Markets