WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Fiction

Fiction Novel excerpts, short stories, etc.

Dungeon Crawler

Old 02-29-2016, 12:14 AM
Walled Cities (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 3
Default Dungeon Crawler

Hello, this is my first post other than the introduction. I chose to share this first, because I don't really have any feelings towards it. It's an introduction to a fantasy story, I dunno. Leave feedback if you want, don't really think I'll use this anyways. Just wanted to share something. It's set in world where a place called "The Grotto" serves as a divide between fantasy and reality.

DUNGEON CRAWLER

A pervasive intuition had told him not to come here, not to delve into the cavernous arteries of the earth. The whispers lead him, guided the increasing morbidity of his desires, the lore behind "The Grotto", the ancient cesspool of earth's hidden children, the many abortions of nature's womb, whose deformations, and repulsiveness had forsaken them to hide again within the belly of their mother, and feed off the other eggs within her body.It was not a man who had entered into the hollow depths of earthen intestines, but a child, a mere boy whose eight years of existence had not earned him yet the sensibilities of rationality. His mind was fleeting still, and the passionate curiosity within his blood held his limbs limber and adventurous. A hero meant to live in a world of fantasy, or a fantasy meant to die in the world of heroes. Above the entrance a proverb carved in runes by either a fool or a wise man reads "Outside there are forces in this world that determine ninety-five, maybe ninety-eight percent of our lives, but this, this is wild country."

Last edited by Walled Cities; 02-29-2016 at 01:19 PM..
Old 02-29-2016, 05:27 AM
Benjamin Andrew (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 26

This was very well written. The words you chose certainly evoke this realm you have created. I enjoyed it.

The only thing I caught was "dwelve", which should be spelled, "delve".

Anyhow, again, I really enjoyed this. Please post more!
I love to eat bones. They taste like scones. I love to munch and crunch at a midnight lunch. They taste better by night than they do by day. And they're best eaten when the flesh is all rotted away! -unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Benjamin Andrew For This Useful Post:
Walled Cities (02-29-2016)
Old 02-29-2016, 08:19 AM
Miki (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 11

Hey, Pencil Pusher, good job. I like this and hope to read more, like where did the boy end up??? It certainly captured my attention. miki
The Following User Says Thank You to Miki For This Useful Post:
Walled Cities (02-29-2016)
Old 02-29-2016, 01:33 PM
Walled Cities (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 3

Originally Posted by Benjamin Andrew View Post
This was very well written. The words you chose certainly evoke this realm you have created. I enjoyed it.

The only thing I caught was "dwelve", which should be spelled, "delve".

Anyhow, again, I really enjoyed this. Please post more!
Thanks a bunch, and for pointing out the error.
I will post more later on, again thank you.
Old 02-29-2016, 01:38 PM
Walled Cities (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 3

Originally Posted by Miki View Post
Hey, Pencil Pusher, good job. I like this and hope to read more, like where did the boy end up??? It certainly captured my attention. miki
Thank you for the compliment miki, im in the same boat trying to figure out "where the boy ended up" so I don't really know yet, but thanks again.

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Fiction