WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 10-17-2017, 12:56 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,755

repost from elsewhere, the goblin welcoming a "post and run" agian

"...welcome to writersbeat, well if you wish to be part of writersbeat that is..." smiled the goblin suspecting too that that blog method was all too egocentric to get readers wandering off form here to read you elsewhere instead, let alone when one is quite unknown to ones readers to begin with, to which the goblin just shrugged, repeating "...when you do any post on this forum those readers are probably going to read it if only because it's both easy to read in itself, and open to a reply too, so why not start your book, or your blog, or just about anything else for that matter, from within the post itself, pulling them towards your pen while they're already reading you now...", whereupon the goblin politely put up a cupped hand to his ear to no avail he imagined, while hoping too that xxxxx would not take this hard earned insight badly, yet the goblin had long learned by now that the more one was there for one's readers the more those readers around one would take note of one's efforts towards them, sighing "...much like what they say about hollywood, there's no elsewhere while here, so one reposts from elsewhere, yes indeed, but there is only ever this one "here and now" while here and all to a mindset that places one's readers no further away from oneself than at other end of one's post...", but that was just goblins for you, what with their sincere insincerity coupled with that wish to become that known unknown too, little wonder then why no one ever trusted them with their thoughts, asking "...so are you here or there then, is it going to be "you here now" or just your elsewhere still..."

xxxx 5880 393424

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-17-2017 at 09:50 AM..
Old 10-17-2017, 01:26 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,755

repost from elsewhere, chatting with anna

"...oh yes, they have their agenda for sure, so I guess we're going to have to get used to whatever those search engines steer us towards now, and from whatever they want to steer us away from too, where profit is not their only motive in the manipulation of search results as there is ever that need to "control the narrative" just as they have done to date...", where in the end the goblin felt that the powers that be would bring to the internet under the same level of control that they held the media in general under, relating "...a journalist who has an editor to be that journalist there can't be one really, likewise a publication that needs a publisher can't be any freer than that journalist is, and above all any broadcasting company that needs a broadcasting licence to operate under is either state owned or state ordained, so in this light of this observation we should use this relative freedom while it lasts to further our aims if any, but we shouldn't expect it to be allowed to remain unfettered indefinitely, nor expect them to not to thinking of how to "control the agenda" towards us, for they are as they have been..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-17-2017 at 09:03 AM..
Old 10-17-2017, 08:57 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,755

repost from elsewhere, another welcome here

"...welcome to the forum with the right decorum..." went the goblin not quite sure what that actually meant though, only that it sounded like something befitting the occasion here, a welcome where indeed xxxxx was most welcome now, whereupon the goblin dipped his hand in his pocket and pulled out yet another "writersbeat fedility card", saying "...please take this card from me, it's not much but it's more or less the same idea as the supermarket, save that instead of points to it you get hits instead, as in those views to your posts, so let's say you do a post and it gets some hits, more posts gets more hits then, well depending upon your talent, where after a while your talent gets you some recognition, then a reputation, followed by a following ever, right on the point where it doesn't matter which thread nor which forum, readers just show up to see what you have just written regardless, alas more than this little card here I cannot offer you really, but perhaps it might help you understand my world of livewriting here...", and with that the goblin just snapped for the forum doors to be flung wide open to allow yet one more into its midst

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-17-2017 at 10:19 AM..
Old 10-17-2017, 09:47 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,755

repost from elsewhere, another welcome in the introduction section here

"...welcome to writersbeats and to whomever might be upon it today too..." went the goblin not quite sure if he should mention that most probably meant those writertypes and pauperpoets again, restarting "...no they're not a bad lot really, it's just that they're not the kind of solution you seek while having a calamity, feeling suicidal, or just trying to fathom the future of america then, which is the same thing I might add...", and with that the goblin brushed his reservations aside and just held out his hand in a welcoming gesture, saying "...no I envy you your youth, but if it's ok with you I'd rather partake in some of that coffee there, and those imaginary biscuits too if I may, where all but everything here is imaginary anyway, yes it's just a virtual reality for as far as the eye can see, but then again what's another word for "virtual reality" if not "fiction" now, thus you and I are practitioners of fiction aren't we, and all you have to do my dear human is pull those readers towards your pen by way of those posts of yours, yes it's that simple even if simple is not always that easy, for the words are as if steps of the plot, they have to be both credible continuous and footsure...", to which the goblin then dunked the biscuit gently into his coffee before carefully lifting it to his lips in some pliant smile of expectation)

Last edited by fleamailman; Yesterday at 01:08 AM..
Old Yesterday, 02:14 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,755

repost from elsewhere

"...just that which cannot be avoided has to be endured I suppose..." ventured the goblin guessing that most folks thought trump could change the fundamentals somehow, or that trump was to blame then, at least they thought that trump mattered even, but what was really happening was not anything in america really, it was to do with its trade partners instead, it's creditors as it were, for they were moving away from the dollar without so much as saying so, where military action if anything would only hasten the pace too, and where the euro unbelievably was gaining credibility in spite of the monthly 60billion euro bondizations meant ostentatiously to stimulate business but in practice was actually meant to stop precisely this type of "alternative to the dollar" from arising, so the goblin just laughed saying "...little wonder then why the head of the ECB mario draghi wants to make it 100billion a month now...", so the currency of trade would become that lone currency that didn't devalue itself from within, and as of yet, and as it stood too, there were no candidates to fit the bill here, sighing "...it must be awful to be a journalist who knows in his heart the simple truths he can't report with his pen...", where this age will be remembered if at all not by its benign politics today but by its gradual shift in trading methods and payments, "...ah yes, what cannot be avoided has to be endured, we know for sure, but what choice do we have really..." repeated the goblin from the line he had started out from

xxxx 5884 393721

Last edited by fleamailman; Yesterday at 02:21 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
BEnzo (Today)

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe