WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat Quarterly > Writer's Beat Quarterly

Writer's Beat Quarterly Forum for Writer's Beat's electronic magazine, WBQ.

QoW I canít reply!

Old 02-26-2008, 12:18 AM
josiehenley (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member

Thanks 3
Icon10 QoW I canít reply!

Hello, I got a message yesterday from Queen of Wands and for some odd reason I donít have a Ďreplyí button, only forward or delete. I wonder if weíre not buddies or something? Anyway, the answer is yes of course, as you probably could have guessed! I can even write it myself if you want to, or you could take quotes from the press release.

http://www.josiehenley.net/Writing/P...aquisition.pdf

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to josiehenley For This Useful Post:
Miles Long (01-18-2016)
Old 02-26-2008, 12:31 AM
Tau (Offline)
Solemn Simulacrum

Thanks 682

There is no reply button. It got lost/changed into the quote button at the change over. If you can’t see the quote button then there might be a problem.

Oh and congrats on getting published.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:46 AM
josiehenley (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3

Aha, that's why. Not just me then! I think I could see the quote button but just couldn't work out how to reply to QoW. Thanks for the congrats!

Old 02-26-2008, 02:54 AM
Q Wands (Offline)
aí Ghaidhealtachd chridhe

Thanks 452

The loss of the Reply button should be on Dan's to-fix list (along with the return of the Thanks button). Until then, we have to make do with using the Quote button. Silly, isn't it? Sadly, he's quite bogged down so I don't know when he'll be able to remedy either.

Oh, and I got a good blurb from the Legend Press site. Hope that's okay. I think H will have picked it up already since we're pretty much up against the deadline. But it's always good to give you a plug, mate! And I'll be keeping an eye on WN; I expect to see you featured in it.

EDIT: You can always give us something closer to publication, to remind folks to go out and buy the book. Maybe for Issue 19, which should come out end of June/early July. Perfect timing really. XD

Last edited by Q Wands; 02-26-2008 at 02:59 AM..
Old 02-26-2008, 03:25 AM
josiehenley (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3

Yes, the write up on the website is the same as the press release, it’s very good! Embarrassing in fact, but I won’t let that stop me sending it out to people. Indeed I will send something for that issue – by the time my book’s in print I’m sure you’ll be sick of hearing from me. lol

Old 02-26-2008, 01:41 PM
mammamaia (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Location: Tinian...a tiny isle in the middle of the farthest reaches of the Pacific
Thanks 0

it's a relief to know the lack of a reply button wasn't on purpose... i got a couple of pm's too, and my first thought was that we're not allowed to reply to messages from on high, only meant to 'read and obey'.. not a happy thought...

love and relieved hugs, maia

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi
Old 02-26-2008, 02:02 PM
josiehenley (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3

I thought that too :-) Love your beach Maia

Old 02-26-2008, 02:07 PM
mammamaia (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Location: Tinian...a tiny isle in the middle of the farthest reaches of the Pacific
Thanks 0

it's actually one right here on tinian, josie... not that i get to go there... been living here for over 2 years now, and only been to the beach twice!... and on an island that's only 4 miles wide, that seems kinda silly, huh?... my dream is to have a place to live one day, where i can see and hear the surf from my windows and don't have to walk half a mile or more, to get to it...

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi
Old 02-29-2008, 12:19 AM
josiehenley (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3

I live near a beach (about five miles away so we drive) but not half as glamorous as that one. It’s nice to take the dog there in the winter but in the summer we avoid it because it’s full of tourists and ice-cream. My dream would be to live on an island like that and still be able to work. I’ll have to publish a bestseller first.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:33 PM
Miles Long (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

Who or what is a 'Queen of Wands' ?
Is this some administrative function/position/person within WB ?
Old 01-28-2016, 05:15 AM
Bagit (Offline)
Dungeon Keeper
Administration

Thanks 488

Who or what is a 'Queen of Wands' ?
Queen of Wands is, in fact, the member, Q Wands. Quite a trusted and valuable member to pass through the Beat. I sure do miss some of the "originals" that lurked here and catapulted this site quickly to the forefront of all things writing.

And this is not to say that there isn't many upon many valuable members still active who I love to read...

Cheers to the almighty Beat!

Last edited by Bagit; 01-28-2016 at 05:33 AM..
Old 05-24-2016, 11:09 PM
sophieleo (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Sorry no idea about it!

|

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat Quarterly > Writer's Beat Quarterly