WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

Hi

Old 11-02-2016, 05:40 AM
CassandraHarley (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Hi

Hi, I'm Cassandra, a 19 year old aspiring author and journalist from the UK. Nice to meet you all

Old 11-02-2016, 05:55 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 309

Hello,Cassandra. I was going to say, "Ah -- another person up as early as I," (it's ten to six here) but then I realized it's not that in the U.K.

That said, welcome. Have a skim through the FAQs, then check out the boards. If you're here to share your work, understand that you get as good as you give. Read a few pieces, share your thoughts, and when your stuff comes up, you'll have a much better chance of it being commented on.

Dive in.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:19 AM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 229

Originally Posted by CassandraHarley View Post
Hi, I'm Cassandra, a 19 year old aspiring author and journalist from the UK. Nice to meet you all
Howdy CassandraHarley.

I think you're very wise to have nailed the tenets of journalism before undertaking more creative work. I also did that and it's held me in good stead during my writing life.

I'd like to expand on Prodigalson's suggestion. Since you have to make 5 posts before you can post, why not use those by providing some feedback to members work. You can do that in either Fiction or Members Only forums. Doing so will get you immediately involved and will be an introduction for you better than any facts you care to share. Remember, the more you give the more you get.

So jump in. The water's fine. wrc

You're not dead 'til you're dead and when you are you won't know it. So, keep on writing and having fun.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:52 PM
Forumhussar (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

welcome
Old 11-06-2016, 06:16 AM
Carly Berg (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 8

Welcome, Cassandra.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Writing Flash Fiction: How To Write Very Short Stories and Get Them Published

Coffee House Lies: 100 Cups of Flash Fiction

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions