WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table

The Intellectual Table Discussions on political topics, social issues, current affairs, etc.

UKIP: Meet the New Boss

Old 11-30-2016, 01:06 AM
flyingtart (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 135
Default UKIP: Meet the New Boss

Was going to post this on the Trump thread, but as it's OT I've started a new thread.

Trump's victory has prompted Farage to head off stateside, presumably in hopeful expectation of a cushie little payback job from his idol. This left a leadership vacancy in his Mickey Mouse party, which was filled initially by Some Woman who lasted about five minutes before she realised UKIP is full of angry little white men who don't like women telling them what to do. So she's now been replaced by another angry little white man with all the frothy mouthed charm of your neighbour's rottweiler. He's clearly styling himself as a British working class Trump, making reactionary pronouncements about abortion, race relations, gay rights and even selling off the NHS. It will be interesting to see whether he can achieve his aim of leading UKIP from slapstick to glory. Or even stop them tearing lumps out of each other, which would be something.

The Following User Says Thank You to flyingtart For This Useful Post:
PickleBottom (11-30-2016)
Old 11-30-2016, 01:18 AM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 333

Originally Posted by flyingtart View Post
Was going to post this on the Trump thread, but as it's OT I've started a new thread.

Trump's victory has prompted Farage to head off stateside, presumably in hopeful expectation of a cushie little payback job from his idol. This left a leadership vacancy in his Mickey Mouse party, which was filled initially by Some Woman who lasted about five minutes before she realised UKIP is full of angry little white men who don't like women telling them what to do. So she's now been replaced by another angry little white man with all the frothy mouthed charm of your neighbour's rottweiler. He's clearly styling himself as a British working class Trump, making reactionary pronouncements about abortion, race relations, gay rights and even selling off the NHS. It will be interesting to see whether he can achieve his aim of leading UKIP from slapstick to glory. Or even stop them tearing lumps out of each other, which would be something.

The UK is already one step in front of the US, UK will get soft Brexit, which will predict soft Trump.
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-30-2016, 01:42 AM
flyingtart (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 135

The Following User Says Thank You to flyingtart For This Useful Post:
PickleBottom (11-30-2016)
Old 11-30-2016, 02:01 AM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 333

Originally Posted by flyingtart View Post
Ha ha! Look at him go!
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM
flyingtart (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 135

The antics of UKIP continue to entertain on this side of the pond despite the prevailing Brexit despondency.

Nuttall is currently standing in the Stoke by-election and seems to have put every foot wrong in the course of his campaign, including registering as a resident when he clearly doesn't live there (illegal). The latest is claiming to be a victim of the Hillsborough disaster, although strangely he didn't get round to making a statement to the police about it until yesterday, some 28 years after the event.

And this isn't the first time he's been found out. In the past he's falsely claimed to have a PhD (he doesn't) and to have had a career as a professional footballer (he hasn't). Sadly he's learning the hard way that boasting in the pub is a world apart from the scrutiny he must face in public life.

He's now apparently gone into hiding from the media for fear of digging himself an even deeper grave.

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table