WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table

The Intellectual Table Discussions on political topics, social issues, current affairs, etc.

We have cloned Donald Trump!

Old 11-29-2016, 12:06 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 355
Default We have cloned Donald Trump!

If by cloning I meant reproducing the same Donald Trump speeches to appear on TV Sets almost simultaneously around the world. Donald Trump is more controversial than other international leaders; are people tuning in to listen to what Trump is saying more frequently than they are listening to their own overlords?

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-29-2016, 02:07 PM
flyingtart (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 141

Is he giving speeches these days? All I've seen are bizarre tweets. Today's highlight was jailing people for dissing the US flag. What a rich source of merriment he is.
The Following User Says Thank You to flyingtart For This Useful Post:
PickleBottom (11-29-2016)
Old 11-29-2016, 03:22 PM
SteveHarrison (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 43

He's the ultimate sound bite politician and while he's busy destroying the US and possibly the world, we will all be giggling and shaking our heads over his stupid tweets. As Trump would say, sad.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to SteveHarrison For This Useful Post:
PickleBottom (11-29-2016)
Old 11-29-2016, 04:01 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 355

Originally Posted by flyingtart View Post
Is he giving speeches these days? All I've seen are bizarre tweets. Today's highlight was jailing people for dissing the US flag. What a rich source of merriment he is.
Is Trump thinking ahead to something that will become commonplace in the immediate future?

Originally Posted by SteveHarrison View Post
He's the ultimate sound bite politician and while he's busy destroying the US and possibly the world, we will all be giggling and shaking our heads over his stupid tweets. As Trump would say, sad.
Yep Trump is performing the ultimate politician's trick, a vile person pretending to be a nice person pretending to be a vile person
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-29-2016, 11:58 PM
flyingtart (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 141

Originally Posted by PickleBottom View Post
Is Trump thinking ahead to something that will become commonplace in the immediate future?
Do you mean tweeting or jailing?
The Following User Says Thank You to flyingtart For This Useful Post:
PickleBottom (11-30-2016)
Old 11-30-2016, 12:16 AM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 355

Originally Posted by flyingtart View Post
Do you mean tweeting or jailing?
Burning?
-George Bernard Shaw
The Following User Says Thank You to PickleBottom For This Useful Post:
flyingtart (11-30-2016)
Old 11-30-2016, 12:38 AM
flyingtart (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 141

That's always the worry, isn't it? I wonder how extreme he'll actually be in office. After all, he still has to get all his wacky ideas past Congress. He'll probably get bored with it and go off to the golf course before long.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:45 AM
Myers (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 137

Electing Trump was bad enough, but the absolutely over-the-top reaction just makes it worse. The crying and protesting, the claims that he's going to destroy America, that democracy is dead, the Hitler comparisons, the imminent nuclear holocaust etc.

But it's actually good news for Trump; the doubling down on all the rhetoric that failed to keep him from getting elected eliminates all these crybabies as effective opposition, at least for the time being.

There are lots of reasons for concern, but people need to get a grip. He said what he needed to say to get elected, but now he's already dialing back on his most ridiculous promises.

What we can probably expect is at least another four years of shifting to the right, but otherwise a continuation of the status quo -- the mostly pointless, public tug of war that goes on while we are all being taken to the cleaners by the super-wealthy and powerful. Same as it ever was.

Otherwise, we need to calmly fight the relevant battles as they come up. In the meantime, for heaven's sake, knock it off with the tantrums and hyperbole. It's just plain embarrassing.

Last edited by Myers; 12-01-2016 at 01:03 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Myers For This Useful Post:
jimmymc (12-01-2016), PickleBottom (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 03:46 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 355

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
Electing Trump was bad enough, but the absolutely over-the-top reaction just makes it worse. The crying and protesting, the claims that he's going to destroy America, that democracy is dead, the Hitler comparisons, the imminent nuclear holocaust etc.

But it's actually good news for Trump; the doubling down on all the rhetoric that failed to keep him from getting elected eliminates all these crybabies as effective opposition, at least for the time being.

There are lots of reasons for concern, but people need to get a grip. He said what he needed to say to get elected, but now he's already dialing back on his most ridiculous promises.

What we can probably expect is at least another four years of shifting to the right, but otherwise a continuation of the status quo -- the mostly pointless, public tug of war that goes on while we are all being taken to the cleaners by the super-wealthy and powerful. Same as it ever was.

Otherwise, we need to calmly fight the relevant battles as they come up. In the meantime, for heaven's sake, knock it off with the tantrums and hyperbole. It's just plain embarrassing.
Ah yes, is that guy still president?

Jesus how come technology moves so fast yet society lags so far behind. Is he still using Twitter? I am on a brand new social platform whereby I use meters, like those found in video games to represent health etc, to communicate my feelings.

Say if stars represent a meter and ten stars is the limit, I could use this scale to represent anything;

For example;

Ignatius PickleBottom

29th Nov 2016
Boss
-Brownnosing
******** (he only received 8 stars on this day because he had an extremely long lunch and morning tea and afternoon tea that I only had 2 hours to brownnose - I bought him the usual bouquet of flowers and chocolates to keep his sociopathic lust down)

29th Nov 2016
Random stranger
-Sexual attraction
-Bad Smell *******
-Good manners ***

30th November 2016
Lunch, Steakhouse
-Bloody

I have reduced the number of words I use well below Twitterers!
-George Bernard Shaw
The Following User Says Thank You to PickleBottom For This Useful Post:
brianpatrick (12-01-2016)

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table