WritersBeat.com
 

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table

The Intellectual Table Discussions on political topics, social issues, current affairs, etc.


Whistleblowers and Hackers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-02-2016, 04:30 AM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 997
Thanks: 0
Thanks 229
Default Whistleblowers and Hackers


Whistleblowers and Hackers

Consider this.

The US now has a member of the 1% as its President. His cabinet is being staffed by other millionaires/billionaires. The 1% won the electoral collage. But the other side won the people’s choice by more than 2 million votes. I foresee a bleak future for the country as the greed of the 1% sentences the other 99% to economic slavery.

The 1% is made up of predatory corporations and millionaires/billionaires. They control more wealth than the 99% combined.

Can this be stopped? Maybe. If the ‘electoral’ President’s Income Taxes were made public prior to the submission of the electoral votes there’s the possibility they may change their vote, which they have every right to do. Those tax returns may show the largest conglomeration of global businesses of anyone who ever served as President.

Whistleblowers and hackers, you have access and skills to shine a revealing light on the practices of the 1%. Maybe you could even get a copy of someone’s tax return.

If you decide to come to the rescue don’t do it in a foolhardy way. Protect yourself because I feel they will land on you with all the power they control. You’ll want to do it without getting killed or caught.
Something to think about. wrc

__________________

You're not dead 'til you're dead and when you are you won't know it. So, keep on writing and having fun.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wrc For This Useful Post:
PickleBottom (12-08-2016)
  #2  
Old 12-02-2016, 07:04 AM
Myers's Avatar
Myers (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,725
Thanks: 337
Thanks 352
Default

You're dreaming.

Trump has a cadre of lawyers to ensure he doesn't do anything illegal with his taxes. And one set of his tax returns was made public and it didn't make a damn bit of difference.

Gird your internet loins and prepare to take on the issues as they come up. The election is a done deal. Don't be among the hysterical crybabies who can't or won't accept the outcome.

P.S. When I say dreaming, I really mean delusional.

Last edited by Myers; 12-02-2016 at 08:15 AM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Myers For This Useful Post:
Mohican (12-07-2016)
  #3  
Old 12-02-2016, 04:21 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,839
Thanks: 360
Thanks 846
Default

It'll continue the same way it's continued for the last 60 years. Slow and painful.

I suggest finding a job which allows you to feed off of the scraps. I make a good living that way.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-03-2016, 06:29 AM
Myers's Avatar
Myers (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,725
Thanks: 337
Thanks 352
Default

I'm a hired gun these days. And I've found a pretty good niche. Plus, I'm not locked into any one sector.

I was on my own during the last downturn and I weathered it just fine. In fact, I often get hired by companies who are letting people go.

If it really hits the fan, past a certain point, there won't be much need for what I do, but I can't worry about that. I'll be in the soup line with everyone else - if there is one.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-06-2016, 04:23 PM
Non Serviam's Avatar
Non Serviam (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Location, Location
Posts: 1,467
Thanks: 71
Thanks 590
Default

Why do you stay in America if it's so bleak?

I wouldn't dream of going there. I can literally think of dozens of countries I'd rather live in.
__________________
A few of my stories:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
;

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


English is a strange language. It can be understood through tough thorough thought though.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-06-2016, 04:28 PM
SteveHarrison (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 118
Thanks: 10
Thanks 43
Default

Trump will cause more damage to himself and more quickly than any whistleblower or hacker could dream of doing. He'll do it very bigly.
__________________
Web
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TimeStorm FB page
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-06-2016, 11:09 PM
flyingtart's Avatar
flyingtart (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 751
Thanks: 119
Thanks 151
Default

Originally Posted by SteveHarrison View Post
Trump will cause more damage to himself and more quickly than any whistleblower or hacker could dream of doing. He'll do it very bigly.
Heehee. I suspect you're right.
__________________
I am not young enough to know everything.
Oscar Wilde
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-07-2016, 08:15 AM
Mohican's Avatar
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Not quite back of beyond
Posts: 3,837
Thanks: 330
Thanks 651
Default

Originally Posted by Non Serviam View Post
Why do you stay in America if it's so bleak?

I wouldn't dream of going there. I can literally think of dozens of countries I'd rather live in.
Do you mean the continent as a whole, or Los Estados Unidos?

There are still a lot of places in 'Murrica where you can live and ignore fed.gov to a degree. They are nice places.

Plus we have Soap, women with teeth, and, and, Ok, I'll post it when I think of it....
__________________
If you surrender a civilization to avoid social disapproval, you should know that all of history will curse you for your cowardliness - Alice Teller

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-07-2016, 10:46 AM
Non Serviam's Avatar
Non Serviam (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Location, Location
Posts: 1,467
Thanks: 71
Thanks 590
Default

I mean the Divided States, really. I can understand why someone would want to live in Canada. Mexico, Brazil, Chile or Uruguay, not so much.
__________________
A few of my stories:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
;

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


English is a strange language. It can be understood through tough thorough thought though.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-07-2016, 05:07 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,839
Thanks: 360
Thanks 846
Default

Originally Posted by Non Serviam View Post
I mean the Divided States, really. I can understand why someone would want to live in Canada. Mexico, Brazil, Chile or Uruguay, not so much.


There are probably a lot of countries where I'd like to live. But when you are born into a country, get married, have kids, and carve out a successful niche in the system that may or may not translate to another country or culture it's hard to leave. There are good things about the US. I'm as guilty as any for complaining about the bad things and rarely acknowledging the benefits, but there are many.

If I were poor most countries wouldn't let me in. If I were rich and didn't have to work for a living I'd probably consider moving, but I'm a fifty year old middle class guy. My business is here. My family is here. My friends are here, and like Mo said, we have lots of women with teeth.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brianpatrick For This Useful Post:
Myers (12-08-2016)
  #11  
Old 12-08-2016, 01:09 PM
PickleBottom's Avatar
PickleBottom (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,980
Thanks: 1,312
Thanks 377
Default

Originally Posted by wrc View Post
Whistleblowers and Hackers

Consider this.

The US now has a member of the 1% as its President. His cabinet is being staffed by other millionaires/billionaires. The 1% won the electoral collage. But the other side won the people’s choice by more than 2 million votes. I foresee a bleak future for the country as the greed of the 1% sentences the other 99% to economic slavery.

The 1% is made up of predatory corporations and millionaires/billionaires. They control more wealth than the 99% combined.

Can this be stopped? Maybe. If the ‘electoral’ President’s Income Taxes were made public prior to the submission of the electoral votes there’s the possibility they may change their vote, which they have every right to do. Those tax returns may show the largest conglomeration of global businesses of anyone who ever served as President.

Whistleblowers and hackers, you have access and skills to shine a revealing light on the practices of the 1%. Maybe you could even get a copy of someone’s tax return.

If you decide to come to the rescue don’t do it in a foolhardy way. Protect yourself because I feel they will land on you with all the power they control. You’ll want to do it without getting killed or caught.
Something to think about. wrc
In essence everyone already knows the truth, but these are our overlords, look what happened to Clinton after Wikileaks
__________________
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-08-2016, 02:20 PM
Myers's Avatar
Myers (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,725
Thanks: 337
Thanks 352
Default

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
There are probably a lot of countries where I'd like to live. But when you are born into a country, get married, have kids, and carve out a successful niche in the system that may or may not translate to another country or culture it's hard to leave. There are good things about the US. I'm as guilty as any for complaining about the bad things and rarely acknowledging the benefits, but there are many.

If I were poor most countries wouldn't let me in. If I were rich and didn't have to work for a living I'd probably consider moving, but I'm a fifty year old middle class guy. My business is here. My family is here. My friends are here, and like Mo said, we have lots of women with teeth.
It would be very difficult for me to pick and go for all these reasons.

On the other hand, my brother is going to live in Denmark next year when his youngest graduates. They're going to check it out for 6 months before they sell their house here. But they have lots of money and he can do what he does from anywhere.

If I was really compelled to leave the country, I could go to Canada. I have dual citizenship, lots of family and even some business connections. But we couldn't afford the size house and property and live in close to the city like we do here.

Otherwise, if you have money, a flexible career situation and you're healthy, this is pretty good place to live.

Last edited by Myers; 12-08-2016 at 03:08 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

  WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:09 AM.

vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.