WritersBeat.com
 

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table

The Intellectual Table Discussions on political topics, social issues, current affairs, etc.


Dream "Visitations"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 12-12-2016, 02:38 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,332
Thanks: 310
Thanks 709
Default


Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
Many people (non-believers and believers alike) brush off the supernatural as purely fantasy. Because, and rightfully so, a person doesn't connect with "the other side," he or she is skeptical about its existence. To be truthful regarding this matter, the vast majority of skeptics however haven't spent much time delving into the occult to discover for themselves. They rely upon advice from others. But, I'll tell you this: black magic and witchcraft are alive and well in the United States of America, especially in small sleepy towns. Teenagers have been meddling with and summoning up dark forces forever now. It's not fantasy; it's out there. And if you do a bit of homework, you'll discover how real all this stuff is. If you choose to stay put and rely upon the advice of others, well, that's your business. And, you're the boss.


I chased this dream hard for almost a generation. I really did want to find truth in spirituality, esoteric teachings, eastern religion, witchcraft, yoga, malleus, theosophy, theology, or anything I could get my hands on or my body into.

But in the end all of this stuff produced no results beyond what could be easily explained by simple science and/or psychology. The biggest disappointment was that most practitioners of various systems and ways turned out to be fakes or worse, con-men, charlatans, hucksters, or crooks. The rest were just stupid people twisting themselves into pretzels for nothing—A few crazies and a small but potent group of dangerously insane monsters.

In my opinion there's just nothing to any of it. There are a few entertaining individuals that can still make me think: maybe, with their theories and musings, but not much else.

I hope you don't forget to enjoy the journey. That was the only redeemable offering afforded me along the way.

Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-12-2016, 03:01 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,305
Thanks: 19
Thanks 130
Default

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
I chased this dream hard for almost a generation. I really did want to find truth in spirituality, esoteric teachings, eastern religion, witchcraft, yoga, malleus, theosophy, theology, or anything I could get my hands on or my body into.

But in the end all of this stuff produced no results beyond what could be easily explained by simple science and/or psychology. The biggest disappointment was that most practitioners of various systems and ways turned out to be fakes or worse, con-men, charlatans, hucksters, or crooks. The rest were just stupid people twisting themselves into pretzels for nothing—A few crazies and a small but potent group of dangerously insane monsters.

In my opinion there's just nothing to any of it. There are a few entertaining individuals that can still make me think: maybe, with their theories and musings, but not much else.

I hope you don't forget to enjoy the journey. That was the only redeemable offering afforded me along the way.
Didn't you mention since you were nine-years-old you didn't believe in God or any of this supernatural stuff. Apparently, you didn't do much chasing. Also, it's not about "amusing" others; if you want to be amused go to a circus. Not many have supernatural experiences; in fact, a tiny percentage do. Your way to protect your own safe beliefs is by "labeling." They are crazy, insane, this or that. That's fine. That's the protective mechanism you have set up. Everyone has some sort of safety net so they can firmly plant their feet without toppling. This isn't the forum to discuss this type of stuff because people like you will come out of the woodwork with their needed adjectives ready to paint everything as false or crazy. I understand. You feel the need to do it, and you'll probably do it for the rest of your life because you'll always feel your way of thinking is being challenged. I'm not challenging you or any other person--believer or non-believer-- I just base my beliefs on experiences, not on what any other person thinks. Nobody has to tell me whether there is snow on the mountain top because I made quite a few trips up there myself and saw for myself. It's all good.

You don't have to be a genius to understand that wherever a buck is to be made, a ton of crooks will be gathered like vultures. That's true in any field, not only the metaphysical.

Believe whatever makes you happy. But I'll tell you this straight up, had it not been for someone in the spirit world warning me about an imminent danger, I would have checked out from this plane a long time ago. I'm not challenging you or anyone else with this claim. I know what happened--it happened to me! Whatever anyone thinks doesn't matter much; what matters is I'm still here. I'm happy with that.

When people tell me something out of the ordinary, I don't search for files inside my head that might say, "it had to be this, or it must have been that, or this person is crazy." Usually what people tell me I have a tendency to believe. I mean, why else would they tell me the story in the first place unless they were looking to con me. But, then, if their intention was to rip me off, it becomes a different story altogether.

Last edited by Cityboy; 12-12-2016 at 03:32 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-12-2016, 03:31 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,332
Thanks: 310
Thanks 709
Default

When I was nine years old I realized that the God my parents told me of (Methodist) couldn't possibly be real. It was just an obvious fact.

That's not to say I discarded all spiritual ideas at that time. In fact, like I said, I embarked on a generation long quest to find the truth. But... there was not much truth to find.

I am not a stupid or shy person, and I was not afraid to dive into almost anything. I did not only read books, but practiced the practices, sometimes at great personal risk to life and health. Drugs, meditation, yoga, witchcraft, esoteric religious practices, seances, psychedelics, ritualistic near death experiments, and more shit than you can maybe imagine.

I'm not angry or bitter at all about any of it. It's just simply not true.

Witchcraft and black magic is really just a study in human psychology and and naturopathic remedies.

Most meditation is nothing more than self-hypnosis and wishful projection—yes, it can be useful to lower your heart rate, or your blood pressure, and give you a sense of calm, but it won't let you find God.

Yoga is an exercise system which allows you to maintain optimum physical health, but it won't let you find God.

Theosophy and spiritualism is just another study on human psychology and desire.

Christianity is a very clear system on how to conduct a society, full of metaphors and allegory designed to make a large group of humans get along. It works great until that group runs into another different society and then results in war and atrocity on both sides.

There is so much unnecessary fuckery in the world. We are all really just smart monkeys with no way to comprehend the infinite. So, we make up stories. I make up stories. There's nothing else to do about it.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-12-2016, 04:36 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,305
Thanks: 19
Thanks 130
Default

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
When I was nine years old I realized that the God my parents told me of (Methodist) couldn't possibly be real. It was just an obvious fact.

That's not to say I discarded all spiritual ideas at that time. In fact, like I said, I embarked on a generation long quest to find the truth. But... there was not much truth to find.

I am not a stupid or shy person, and I was not afraid to dive into almost anything. I did not only read books, but practiced the practices, sometimes at great personal risk to life and health. Drugs, meditation, yoga, witchcraft, esoteric religious practices, seances, psychedelics, ritualistic near death experiments, and more shit than you can maybe imagine.

I'm not angry or bitter at all about any of it. It's just simply not true.

Witchcraft and black magic is really just a study in human psychology and and naturopathic remedies.

Most meditation is nothing more than self-hypnosis and wishful projection—yes, it can be useful to lower your heart rate, or your blood pressure, and give you a sense of calm, but it won't let you find God.

Yoga is an exercise system which allows you to maintain optimum physical health, but it won't let you find God.

Theosophy and spiritualism is just another study on human psychology and desire.

Christianity is a very clear system on how to conduct a society, full of metaphors and allegory designed to make a large group of humans get along. It works great until that group runs into another different society and then results in war and atrocity on both sides.

There is so much unnecessary fuckery in the world. We are all really just smart monkeys with no way to comprehend the infinite. So, we make up stories. I make up stories. There's nothing else to do about it.
Drugs has nothing to do with spiritualism. Though a even a psychic may become addicted to drugs or alcohol. Perhaps, for some unknown reason, you are not intended to peek behind the veil. As I stated, not everyone who delves into the occult is capable of seeing or hearing spirits. But, just because you failed to have any supernatural experiences, doesn't mean everyone fails or that these experiences don't exist. That is just plain silly to assume. Why do you have this hostile tone trying to make your point? Do you believe he who shouts the loudest is the one speaking the truth? It doesn't work like that. Smart monkey. I don't know? Maybe monkeys are smarter. You might say you are a smart human being. Though a thief may be smart, so, so much for being smart. Also I'm not interested in your shit. Just say you failed to make contact.

I don't know why you introduce Christianity and war. I am speaking about apparitions, dreams, and the afterlife. As I said, you are wired to shoot down the ideas about spirits because of your lack of experiences. On the other hand, I am wired to believe because of my experiences with spirits. That's the bottom line.

Maybe someday, if you continue to seek the unknown, you'll have a breakthrough. Who knows? Anything is possible. You generalize too much. Lump everything together as if it will give you an edge. You continue to fall back on your "wishful thinking" analogy. But, that's your mechanism at work. Your entire world could be turned upside down, and I don't believe you'd be ready to handle that. So, just continue believing as you do. No sweat to me.

I just put this post here for those interested. Apparently, you're not interested. So, no need to waste your time. I tried to explain in introductory post. I'm not here to clash with you or any other non-believers or believers. Be happy with your beliefs and write a poem because I have a gut feeling the "mockery" is being stuffed into the cannon.

Last edited by Cityboy; 12-12-2016 at 04:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-12-2016, 05:06 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,305
Thanks: 19
Thanks 130
Default

Initial post:

All atheists, please don't take this post personal. I'm not trying to rub any of you the wrong way or convert anybody since most of us are fully baked anyway. I know this forum has believers as well as non-believers, and this post is aimed toward believers. But, just as well, I'm not even trying to inject my beliefs into what other believers may believe, even believers.

I just changed a word or two to make myself clearer.

Last edited by Cityboy; 12-12-2016 at 05:08 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-12-2016, 05:52 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,332
Thanks: 310
Thanks 709
Default

I'm not angry, or taking this personally. This is just a fun game.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-12-2016, 07:10 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,332
Thanks: 310
Thanks 709
Default

When it looks like I generalize too much, it means you can't connect the dots. It means that your perspective clouds the whole reality.

The classic cliché is you can't see the forest through the trees.

All of the things you talk about are narrow speculations. You need to broaden your vision. Maybe by experience, I don't know.

It's like explaining to a child how the earth revolves around the sun.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-12-2016, 07:11 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,305
Thanks: 19
Thanks 130
Default

It's not a fun game. On the contrary, summoning spirits may become quite dangerous. One never knows who'll answer.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-12-2016, 07:12 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,305
Thanks: 19
Thanks 130
Default

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
When it looks like I generalize too much, it means you can't connect the dots. It means that your perspective clouds the whole reality.

The classic cliché is you can't see the forest through the trees.

All of the things you talk about are narrow speculations. You need to broaden your vision. Maybe by experience, I don't know.

It's like explaining to a child how the earth revolves around the sun.

Geez.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-12-2016, 07:13 PM
eripiomundus (Offline)
Noteworthy
Official Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 293
Thanks: 8
Thanks 74
Default

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
Have you ever experienced any OBEs, erip?
Yes. Lots. It's just the imagination as far as I can say.

It is a good analysis (above), but you're being much too logical for the supernatural. In other words, the left side of your brain is working too hard to make all the pieces fit according to your own beliefs. But, I don't want to get involve with beliefs here (since I have my own too) and we all get a bit testy trying to defend what we believe. Most of what I've written about is based upon actual experiences. The dream part is based upon beliefs. Have you ever had precognitive dreams? They reveal to you in your sleeping state the exact scene of what will occur in the waking state.
I'd never heard the name before, but yes. The experiences unfolded exactly as per the dream. It was wierd as hell. I put it down to this, but I'm not sure: if the unconscious produces dream X, it experiences that reality and the record of the experience is stored just as with any other experience. Because that record is an established pattern in the brain, and since human beings seek familiarity (by and large), perhaps we are unconsciously drawn toward scenarios similar to dream X in the real world? That's also how I'd explain "The Secret", if in fact it actually works.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-13-2016, 06:10 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,305
Thanks: 19
Thanks 130
Default

Originally Posted by eripiomundus View Post
Yes. Lots. It's just the imagination as far as I can say.

I'd never heard the name before, but yes. The experiences unfolded exactly as per the dream. It was wierd as hell. I put it down to this, but I'm not sure: if the unconscious produces dream X, it experiences that reality and the record of the experience is stored just as with any other experience. Because that record is an established pattern in the brain, and since human beings seek familiarity (by and large), perhaps we are unconsciously drawn toward scenarios similar to dream X in the real world? That's also how I'd explain "The Secret", if in fact it actually works.
erip, OBEs occur both during sleep and during meditation (or deep trance state). It is not imagination, for the imagination comes into play while one performs guided imagery or visualization (two techniques used for healing--or in your case dreaming).

During deep trance OBEs, the body vibrates fiercely as the spirit prepares to exit and float about freely (this releasing of the spirit also occurs frequently on operating tables in hospitals. However, the term NDEs is used when a person's heart stops functioning as his or her spirit hovers above the lifeless form in the surgery room). OBEs are different from NDEs since the person produces them without the heart stopping.

Dr. Raymond Moody, who is somewhat a pioneer in NDEs, and who also leans towards life after death, also suggests looking at photographs of loved ones before bedtime to evoke dreams about them. The photo gazing is just a technique that seems to work fine for a specific result (a dream about a loved one. And perhaps the imagination does come into play in this case). But neither NDEs nor OBEs are products of the imagination. Both are the releasing of consciousness from the flesh and the person is well aware of everything taking place while having one of these experiences.

I had OBES while sleeping, and many times while my spirit would reenter my body, the process would wake me from my sleep. I would awake with my entire body rocking violently--I swear, as though I were riding a bucking bronco--and wonder how I didn't get tossed from the bed. Trust me, there is a whole lot more than merely the imagination going on "down under."

I'm not seeking to get into disputes with anyone or clash with anyone about beliefs--I'm just reporting on actual experiences. One may believe me or not, it makes no difference. But the "kook" thing is getting a bit old when referring to the supernatural.

Last edited by Cityboy; 12-13-2016 at 06:12 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-13-2016, 06:22 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,305
Thanks: 19
Thanks 130
Default

One last mention: Most control freaks like to place everything into a box so that they may exert control over everything taking place. Usually, the ego is calling the shots. But, unlike the ego, the spirit enjoys to roam freely; it enjoys freedom and cannot be harnessed once separated from the flesh and particularly the ego.

This statement is my opinion. And has nothing to do with actual experiences.

Have a nice day.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-13-2016, 06:36 AM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,332
Thanks: 310
Thanks 709
Default

One of my sisters is a big believer in astral projection, and OBE's. She claims to have started doing it spontaneously in the 70's while messing around with meditation.

According to her she can go to sleep and direct her astral body to go or do anything she wants.

Before our youngest sister died a few years ago my older sister said she would go talk to her in astral form. She could name things in my sisters apartment and know about small recent events, without having talked to our younger sister or physically going to her house.

My older sister says that once my younger sister died she could no longer go talk to her.

I've always thought the ideas were entertaining, but don't see the practical use of stuff like this beyond fun.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-13-2016, 08:57 AM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,332
Thanks: 310
Thanks 709
Default

All kidding and busting balls aside, let's assume all or some of this really is true.

What's the benefit or implications of benefit in being able to talk to people who've passed on?

I can see some personal benefit to people who are living being able to know their loved ones are okay or to settle some questions about relationships or events, but otherwise, where is it going?
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-13-2016, 09:02 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,305
Thanks: 19
Thanks 130
Default

You see only fun in it because it has little value for you. If a child of yours was dying, you might have a different viewpoint since spiritual physicians have restored the health of countless human beings teetering on the brink of death. Helpful spirits are a major reason why I see no wrongdoing in anyone praying to or calling upon those in the spirit world for assistance.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 12-13-2016, 09:14 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,305
Thanks: 19
Thanks 130
Default

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
All kidding and busting balls aside, let's assume all or some of this really is true.

What's the benefit or implications of benefit in being able to talk to people who've passed on?

I can see some personal benefit to people who are living being able to know their loved ones are okay or to settle some questions about relationships or events, but otherwise, where is it going?
Okay, for the sake of not interfering with the beliefs of others we will assume.

brian, you have children. Regardless of whether you are a believer or not, you love your children and would do anything for them. Well, this whole separation thing (death) does not altar the love you have for them. If you leave any loved one behind in this world, you will try with all your might (wherever you may be) to reach them to let them know that all is well with you and for them to get on with their lives. The loss of a loved one may be devastating to the ones left behind.

We are still assuming now. Even though you have left your fleshly body, you still watch over your loved ones as though you were still on earth. You become their guardian angel, and in times of their distress, you may even help them or warn them of danger. Years ago, I was warned by a voice (I'm convinced it was one of my grandparents but not certain) that my car would soon experience trouble. I was driving about 75 miles per hour on a thruway when the voice told me to slow the car immediately. I removed my foot off the gas pedal and pulled into the right hand lane to slow the car. About 20 seconds after I heard the warning voice, the front passenger tire blew while I was going about 30 MPH. I still had to struggle to control the car from skidding off the thruway. Without the warning, driving at 75 MPH, would have certainly killed me and my four friends in my car.

Somebody was looking out. Thank God.

Last edited by Cityboy; 12-13-2016 at 09:26 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 12-30-2016, 02:42 PM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 997
Thanks: 0
Thanks 229
Default

Hey, Cityboy, glad to see you survived the Halladaze. And I see you're still pushing dead voices.

I agree that hearing hearing a dead loved one speaking to you with soothing words that all is well beyond life. The questions for me how is this happening? Is the voice coming from the decaying remains? Is the voice existing outside your perception of it? Does the voice have a physical presense, like vocal cords?

Since only you can hear these voices I'd suggest your mind is generating them. Just like your mind can invent visions, halluctions and all manner of events of your imagination with no basis in reality.

If you can ever have someone ease drop your conversations with voices I hope it's me.

Have a mindful New Years, and remember to not drive drunk so yourself and others can live into the new year. wrc
__________________

You're not dead 'til you're dead and when you are you won't know it. So, keep on writing and having fun.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 01-05-2017, 01:53 PM
Mohican's Avatar
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Not quite back of beyond
Posts: 3,530
Thanks: 307
Thanks 599
Default

In a blink of an eye, the Intellectual Table turned into Coast to Coast.....
__________________
If you surrender a civilization to avoid social disapproval, you should know that all of history will curse you for your cowardliness - Alice Teller

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 01-06-2017, 08:43 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,305
Thanks: 19
Thanks 130
Default

It's more dead than alive lately. Let the dead bury the dead.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 01-09-2017, 05:12 AM
Mohican's Avatar
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Not quite back of beyond
Posts: 3,530
Thanks: 307
Thanks 599
Default

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
It's more dead than alive lately. Let the dead bury the dead.
If you mean Writer's Beat is more dead than alive, true. If you want to jump ship, let me know.

Speaking of Dead Or Alive, the lead singer, and perhaps your doppleganger is now metaphysically challenged.....
__________________
If you surrender a civilization to avoid social disapproval, you should know that all of history will curse you for your cowardliness - Alice Teller

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 01-09-2017, 05:30 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,305
Thanks: 19
Thanks 130
Default

Who said anything about ships? But, a good captain goes down with his ship, like Edward Smith of the Titanic. The New Testament is a metaphysical handbook. It contains one supernatural event after another. Every time you enter one of His churches, you are entering the supernatural realm. That is what "faith" is all about--trusting the unseen. Jesus was an extremist for love; someone who visited earth from His Father's world to save all sinners before returning to heaven when His mission was completed.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 01-17-2017, 12:15 PM
Mohican's Avatar
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Not quite back of beyond
Posts: 3,530
Thanks: 307
Thanks 599
Default

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
Had people like me arrived here, you'd be living in a country with a population of 95% Native Americans. I'm not a thief. And maybe you'd still be hunting Bison too.
There are some studies that put Pre Columbus Indian populations in Northern America at 100,000,000 or clost to it. By the sixteen hundreds that figure was much, much lower. Whether it was 1oo,000,000 (100 millyun, CB) or 50 million or only 10 million, Before we even began trading glass beads for Beaver the population of Indians was plummeting. The death toll due to European diseases was staggering.....

Many of the tribes also suffered from low birth rates and infertility issues so evn without stealing or sending them down The Trail Of Tears white 'murricans soon outnumbered the remaining Indians of all tribes combined.
__________________
If you surrender a civilization to avoid social disapproval, you should know that all of history will curse you for your cowardliness - Alice Teller

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.

Last edited by Mohican; 01-17-2017 at 12:20 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 01-18-2017, 04:26 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,305
Thanks: 19
Thanks 130
Default

Bison William "Bill" Cody
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 01-26-2017, 02:36 AM
Mike C's Avatar
Mike C (Offline)
Legend
Official Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 9,117
Thanks: 99
Thanks 1,572
Send a message via MSN to Mike C
Default

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
All atheists, please don't take this post personal.
I never take anything personally, but...

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
There are legitimate psychics and mediums who are capable of seeing or hearing spirits.
...no, there aren't. There are cold readers, fakes and charlatans. There are the mad, and the deluded. But no genuine psychics. Or none that stand up to any kind of real world scrutiny.
__________________
لا شيء يدوم‎
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 01-26-2017, 05:10 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,305
Thanks: 19
Thanks 130
Default

Good to see you posting, MikeC. And all the talk of the 'Beat being dead. I'm about to break out the Bee Gee's "Stayin' Alive" and start dancing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Dream In Search Of Wings JoshuaCan Poetry 11 09-25-2014 11:52 PM
Walt Disney: Sculpting the American Dream _zeb_ Non-Fiction 3 10-03-2012 07:19 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:27 AM.

vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.