WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics

Character Clinics Come and discover new things about your characters

Holly Donnelly

Old 05-12-2013, 04:23 AM
amberzak (Offline)
Noteworthy
Official Member

Thanks 57
Default Holly Donnelly

Hi. I'm Holly. I'm 11 years old and have just started at a boarding school in England. It's the first time I've ever gone to school. My mum home schooled me because we moved around so much. I've lived in 8 different countries.

My dad died when I was 3. I remember him well. He was a scientist, and I want to be a scientist too. I remember everything I've read or done. Don't think that makes it easy for me at school though. My English teacher hates me, and loves to embarass me. She makes us write poems and makes me read mine to the class because I can't write poetry.

My best friends are Niamh and Michael. Niamh can heal things and Michael can slow down time. He's really good at archery too. Everyone in the school has ability, except for me. Some people can move things with their minds, or make themselves invisible. One boy can make fire appear. My dad was friends with the headmaster, so I think that's why I'm at this school.

Anyway, I got loads to tell you, so ask me anything.

A molehill is a mountain to an ant
Old 05-12-2013, 05:51 AM
Loz (Offline)
Captain Unicorn Biscuits

Thanks 999

Hi Holly,

How many languages do you speak?

Do you like travelling?

Do you wish you had special powers? If so, what would be your favourite power and what would you do with it?

Are the students in your school friendly or frightening? Does the rest of the world know about the school and people with powers?
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 05-12-2013, 07:58 AM
amberzak (Offline)
Noteworthy
Official Member

Thanks 57

I can speak 12 languages including Cebuano. But I read many more. My mum is a linguist, and she loves dead languages. So I read Latin, Ancient Greek and Cuniform.

I hate travelling. I'd love it if we had a place to live, and we were travelling and then coming back to our home. We've been to some amazing places. But we don't go for sightseeing, as my mum always reminds me when we get to a new place. That's why I was so excited to go to this school. It's in Engand, where I was born, and it's a home. Longest I've ever been somewhere.

I just want to fit in. I've never fitted in anywhere. And at school we have a class dedicated to helping us develop our abilities. Even Ashley, the nerd, has developed an ability. Jade, who is in my dorm, she does this weird thing where she can make you feel depressed or angry or happy just by being near her. She's a bully. I'd like a power where I can teach her a lesson. Something like the ability to make her do things I want her to do. That would be cool. I'd make her attack her friends so they would turn on her. Then they would bully her and she would know what it feels like. And I'd make her do things that would embarass her, like declare her love for Mr Selway, the maths teacher, or something like that.

The school is secret. It has been around for generations, taking in anyone who was different. Edward Jenner taught there for a while. There's a corridor dedicated to him. The school is run by a secret society. The society is a science based one, and we think it was once linked with the illuminati, but we don't know for sure. And I probably shouldn't be telling you this.

The other kids are alright. I have to share a room with 4 other girls. I told you about Jade. Niamh is my best friend. She's lovely. The other girls are nasty. We share classes with boys.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:26 AM
Ilseum (Offline)
Fantastic Little Fox

Thanks 633

Hi Holly, nice to meet you!

How come your teacher likes to embarrass you? Does she pick on you for no particular reason?
Old 05-12-2013, 11:47 AM
amberzak (Offline)
Noteworthy
Official Member

Thanks 57

I don't know. She's not a nice person. She picks on a lot of us. I think she likes making us feel miserable. She has favourites.

It, er, probably didn't help that I was showing off in the first lesson. I arrived late in the year. I didn't start school until a week after term started. She was saying that I wouldn't know the play they were looking at, but it was a Shakespeare play, so I started reeling it off, word for word. She didn't like that very much. He he.

And, erm, well, I have been playing some practical jokes on her, but there's no way she could know that is me.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:42 PM
RyleyAlexander (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 9

I love your name Holly! It's so cute. You sound like a sweet girl, despite your pranks.

Do you miss your mum? What's your favorite subject at school? Do you think you'll ever discover your own special power? I so hope you do! It might just come at a time when you need it most.

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics