WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics

Character Clinics Come and discover new things about your characters

Azrael-Determined to be someone else

Old 07-27-2014, 01:17 AM
RyleyAlexander (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 9
Default Azrael-Determined to be someone else

Azrael

When she was born her mother named her after the famous Angel of Death, stating:
"Heaven has their angel of death. Now hell has their fallen angel of death. You'll slay humans and angels by the thousands, wreak havoc on earth. You'll be perfect."

But Lilith was wrong. Azrael had no interest in killing and torturing souls like a good little demon. She defied her makers and became something else entirely. The daughter of Lucifer and Lilith, she was bound to be one of the strongest and most powerful of all the demons. Lucifer had great plans for her, to use her to take the earth back from God. She’d one day sit at his right hand- or so the plan had been.

Instead, Azrael uses her powers to fight the demons determined to drag her back to hell, the angels determined to kill her, and any other supernatural evil she comes across.

As she makes her way across the country, killing vampires, sending ghosts to other side, and running from her demon brethren, she befriends an angel whose been cast out of heaven for reasons he’s reluctant to disclose. They made a very odd pair, but that fits well with Azrael. She’s always been a little different.

Now she’s free to be different. Just as every human child will one day reach adulthood and set out on his own, Azrael is determined to live on her own and be true to herself. She may be thousands of years old, but in human years she’s only twenty-one and her life is just beginning. She knows she wants to follow a path far removed from the one she’d always been told to follow, but isn’t sure which one to choose. She only knows she wants to live a life of purpose.

Of course, this isn't her only obstacle. She’s being hunted by her own family and angels as well. They see a lone demon and figure she’s easy prey. Pairing up with an ousted angel doesn't make her much more likeable to them either. She must constantly be aware of who might be after her during every waking hour. Nights aren't much better. She’s plagued by nightmares- memories of her life with the demons. Things she was a part of growing up before she’d left. One memory- the last of her experiences with demons and the one which gave her the courage to leave- is particularly strong in her mind.

It was a night of good fun to the others. Use their powers to barricade the doors of a church while engulfing it in flames. They walked calmly through the flames, laughing in the faces of the people they were killing as they tried to escape. A small child sits huddled in a corner, crying, and screaming, calling for her mother who lays nearby, unmoving. This child’s face is the face that haunts Azrael, giving her the strength to keep fighting, yet emotionally wounding her. She can’t seem to forgive herself for doing nothing to stop the horrors of that night. She knows she should. She was a scared young girl herself then. If she can save others, perhaps she can repay her debt? But how many does she have to save before she can finally let go?

Old 07-27-2014, 06:54 AM
RyleyAlexander (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 9

I realize after posting, I was supposed to word this in the character's own voice. Sorry about that. I'll respond to any questions as Azrael though.

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics