WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics

Character Clinics Come and discover new things about your characters

Adam Trou.

Old 08-09-2014, 07:56 PM
Thewritingkid (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 12
Default Adam Trou.

I've always been told I have a scientist's mind.

Thinking, observing, analyzing, that's what I do. But that's how the world works. Everything has its explanation, everything can be sorted neatly and sensibly at the end of the day. Mythologies mean nothing to me, just stories made by people who did not understand the world at its finest. I like to think, to move ahead, to see everything in a proper, knowledgeable way.

And then I learned that magic was real.

Not only did I learn it was real, I learned that my family was one that was inherently good at magic. It's just another type of skill, like drawing a picture or learning a language. Except, not many people are aware of its existence. There are people flooding with the potential to do great things... or incredibly bad things. Some are completely aware of it and have no special aptitude. If they can even learn, it's just like acquiring every other skill. My grandparents teach me. They are quite engaging teachers, if only we weren't defying all laws of physics with our 'practice. Don't ask me about my parents. I won't talk about them.
I've been studying it a lot. I think I'm starting to make sense of it. It does follow just a few scientific principles.
But lately, other things have started happening. People are talking about a weird substance which gives people extraordinary powers. Posthumans, we call them. Strange. I guess I technically qualify as one. I've met other people, people who defy the natural laws with what they can do. We've come together, a rag-tag group of sorts to fend off other people with similar powers. I've been trying to explain them, sort them under some category of reasonability, but more and more, I'm finding that the world I live in is beyond all of that.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:41 AM
Escriber* (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 119
Default Adam Trou

Do you believe in the science and technology debates.

Seems you maybe into the Church of Scientology debates. Post-humans huh?
It's possible. Anything can happen.

But, a guy like you Adam should spend more time with computers than chasing these post-humans. You will find you are happier crunching the numbers and decoding a hyper-text message than looking at what maybe an amphibian.

I like you Adam. I just hope you get your head out the clouds.
No despair- it is the Decision.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:53 AM
max crash (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 403

what is your birth date. What is the current date. How tall are you?

Have you ever killed a sentient being?
Old 08-13-2014, 02:45 PM
Thewritingkid (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 12

No, I haven't killed anything sentient. At least not yet, but with everything going on, I'm not sure if I will be able to keep it so for long. I like to think I'm rather peaceful, only defending myself or others from something. It's those other guys I mentioned, one of them in particular that seems to respond to every situation with violent aggression. As for my height, well, I'm somewhere above average. No NBA player, but I'm no hunched over mad scientist, either. And for my birth date, I don't know. Again, I think this has something to do with my- my-
Escriber*, I usually don't follow those things. Actual scientific advancement like new technology, or some asteroid belt found in the far-off reaches of space. And I do try to spend some more time doing research, learning about magic, etc., but then a sociopathic electric-controlling man climbs a radio tower in the middle of the city and starts to throw static everywhere and cause fires.
Amphibian? That's new, actually. I haven't seen something like that yet.

Last edited by Thewritingkid; 08-13-2014 at 03:27 PM..
Old 08-13-2014, 03:11 PM
max crash (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 403

so you live in contemporary times on earth. What make you mad? happy?
Old 08-13-2014, 03:38 PM
Thewritingkid (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 12

What makes me mad? People comparing me to some damn orphan, like Batman. One of the others called me out on not caring as I have no parents, I nearly went ballistic on him. What else? Well, this only sort of bothers me, and I know it's kind of rude but when people go into careers studying history and mythology and things like that. I mean, you have a perfectly good life ahead of you dedicated to doing something! Math, science, hell, write a kids book, make some money and donate it to something! Why look at dust-gathering paintings of things that are not real? Sure, they look nice, but what other purpose beyond that?
As for what calms me, I like to sit down every once in a while with my grandparents and watch the news. Sure, they might be spouting completely wrong facts from the false sources, but it's time spent with my grandparents, and it's nice, homely even. And if I can sum it up in one word:

Science. I know I've talked about it so, so much, but it's what I've attached myself to, what I want to find work in when I am older.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:33 PM
RyleyAlexander (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 9

Do you have any theories on where these subhumans are coming from? Or how to get rid of them? Why do you think they want to hurt you and others?

I know you don't know your exact age, but what would you guess is your age? Are you seeing anyone special right now? Do you have any kids? Pets?
Old 08-15-2014, 08:59 PM
Thewritingkid (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 12

Well, first, I said Posthumans. I'd just like to clear that up. As I said, rumors have been floating around of something that gives you these powers. As far as I know, it's permanent. And it's popping up everywhere- it's being used as medicine, "miracle science," type devices, etc. And it's not so much becoming the Posthuman yourself that makes them want to hurt you, it's who they were to begin with. For all I know, some fortuitous, charity-donating, orphanage funding, good Samaritan suddenly had the ability to lift up a school bus.

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics