WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics

Character Clinics Come and discover new things about your characters

Steven Friday

Old 10-22-2014, 09:03 PM
MaliciousFriday (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 9
Default Steven Friday

*slightly flamboyant voice*

Oh hai thar! I'm kidding. Hello all you wonderful nobodies! I'm Steven, Steven Friday *bows*. I would like to tell you about myself.

According to the psychologist-psychiatrist-therapist guy, I am most definitely psychotic and a cynical manipulator with mild social anxiety. (I am really messed up person, huh?) I am over three-hundred years old chronologically and twenty-seven years old biologically. I like men because fuck you, that's why.

When I was still a mortal, living in San Francisco, California in my boring old apartment with my dog Vexus, I was a full-time writer who had published when I was twenty-four and became a New York Times Bestseller in the next year. Impressive, huh? Well, I had this crazy theory about the multiverse and how there is a possibility that everything I write became an alternate universe. Crazy, huh? Well guess what--it came truuuuuue. Yay me! (Too bad, as well, though. I wasn't on Earth-Prime.)

I was going out for a walk because I got bored being in my house all day. I was crossing the street and I was almost hit by a car. Instead of being thrown in the air, my character, Contagious Sunday, protected me from it and teleported me away. We conversed and he explained he doesn't know why he came to me. I asked, rather, demanded him to give me a portion of his powers and immortality. He gave it to me after much hesitation and I was a happy as a child getting a game system for Christmas. Now, you would think that I would try and use my powers for good. HAH! You're pathetic. I like being neutral. I hate taking sides because that's too much drama.

I actually stole from many banks, killed a fuckton of people just for the lawls and tried changing the world for the better by force afterwards. No one stood in my way but then things started to get hectic. People expected me to provide for them because they thought of me as a god in the modern world. A person who can summon weapons from portals and fire them at you at Mach 3 speeds should be able to provide for them? Hah! No! I actually killed off half of the population of the planet and told them all to stop consuming and wasting so much of the Earth's resources. They listened, but they also deemed me to dangerous to stay on this planet. I had to fight the world and I was almost killed. I fled from that Earth through one of my portals and I'm now trapped in this wormhole trying to find a way out.

In the meantime, I'm bored. What else do you want to know about me?

Old 10-23-2014, 06:44 AM
max crash (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 403

well I would like to know something about you. you told us a lot about the present you, and your mindset but nothing about "your growing years"

where were you born and when? parents? grandparents? siblings?

what kind of work do you do?

what color is your blood?

are you a useful member of society? do you want to be?

all characters need a back story, what is yours?

Max
Old 10-23-2014, 06:52 AM
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 9

I thought I already told you my backstory. Whatever.

I was born and raised in California with two parents, a mother and a father, one of whom, the father, died when I was fourteen and the other when I was in my twenties. I had two brothers, a younger and an older one. I killed the younger one because I hated the ever living shit out of him. I never got caught. Hehehehehehehe. The other brother, I purposely lost contact with him because we didn't really have much in common.

I was a teacher at a high school in Sam Fran for a couple years before I started working as a full time novelist.

My blood is red, person. I'm human.

I'm not answering that question.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:56 AM
max crash (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 403

you seem a little hostile, I did see where you said you were from San Francisco, but not much more.

human with red blood - when I was still mortal ---- a contradiction don't you think?

maybe you would like to define what a meaningful member of society is; just so I'll know what question you're refusing to answer.

Max
Old 10-23-2014, 09:01 AM
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 9

I may be immortal, but I'm still human. My DNA proves it. Now unless you think I'm not based on morality, then that's on you.

What I wanted in the world which I failed to mold on my Earth is where you works for the benefit of yourself and society in one way or another. My definition of a meaningful member of society is someone who participates in society in one way or another by having a job, whether it may be a secretary at a sperm bank, a carpenter, or even a teacher or a volunteer worker. That's basically it, really. I don't really care if you make friends or not, just as long as you're able to help the economy in some way.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:45 AM
max crash (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 403

I'm a little confused, for the immortal non-caring character you present yourself -- What , if you could die, would you die for?
Old 10-23-2014, 12:56 PM
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 9

Nothing. People aren't worth dying for, my things aren't worth dying for, planets aren't worth dying for--nothing.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:55 PM
max crash (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 403

it seems you understand your character. I look forward to your adventures.

Max

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics