WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing

Free Writing Plot bunnies, random musings, etc. No one-liners.

Logosian Proverbs

Old 11-04-2016, 10:57 PM
Logos (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Bump

Old 11-10-2016, 07:02 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 653

Although I don't know the official reason why, random "bumps" are not encouraged at Writer's Beat. If you bump, you need to have something besides "Bump". Do you have a new proverb to share?

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:55 PM
Logos (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Wow, it's been years since I re-visited this time in my life...

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 2010 and had a relapse in 2015, when I wrote these "proverbs." When I have an episode, I think I'm the reincarnation of Jesus Christ here for the second coming.

I'm also an agnostic and a disbeliever in Christianity, although the character of Jesus Christ is my hero and everything I aspire to be in a man.

Yahweh, I couldn't care much for.

I mean, why did he not just not create Lucifer and solve the whole problem. He's all-knowing and all-loving, right? The logical thing to do would be to short-circuit the fall by refusing to create Satan in the first place.

Yes, I claim to be smarter than the Christian god.

But if would take away Satan's free will, right?

But Yahweh's responsible for the conception of children, isn't he? So why didn't he conceive my son with my ex? Did he take away my unborn child's free will?

By not creating someone, is it taking away their free will?

I would argue not.

And by Yahweh refusing to create Satan, wouldn't he prove his all-loving nature?

After all, then humankind wouldn't have fallen into sin, correct?

Anyway...

Back to my story...

I wrote these "proverbs" when I was having a schizophrenic episode.

Oh! And one more thing...

When I'm delusional, I ... wait...

Have you ever seen the movie The Truman Show?

That's my delusional reality when I stop taking my meds...

I believe the government has satelittes in space with high-tech cameras that film my every move ... zoom, x-ray, you name it.

My life since I turned 16 has been recorded and broadcasted to the world.

Why?

What's the reason such a terrible fate would befall a man.

You don't want to know ... and I'm not going to tell you.

Yes. Schizophrenia ... it's a strange disease.

But what I'm really wondering since re-reading these "Proverbs" is what did you think about them? And what do you think about them now that you know they were created by someone who suffers from a mental illness?

I await your replies...
The Following User Says Thank You to Logos For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (11-20-2017)
Old 11-20-2017, 10:14 PM
Logos (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

In my sane, "medicated" mind, I think 95% of it is still true.

Opinions?

JoeMatt?
Old 11-20-2017, 11:45 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,824

(the goblin liked Logos, remembering him from way back, before building up to the words "...no, the question is never whether something is actually true or false, it's how one then lives with that supposition about the supposed truth therein, for example I am anonymous here, even if I suspect that the highest levels know who I am though, but even so I post on anonymously still, for merely that is my stance then, simply I wish to be anonymous even if my anonymity doesn't result from my wishes now...", and besides that the goblin also felt that forumland was a chance to encourage one's alter ego to show through the fiction one portrayed here, he cocked his head to one side, asking "...if this is virtual reality here than how can any of this be true now, no everything you and I relate has to be believe in only, belief means one doesn't know thus posts are mere fictional portrayals of something quite unprovable between us now, and out of respect to that understanding, I remain anonymous still, just we, for all our given details about ourselves remain anonymous throughout, me I'm fiction then, as being mere believable words upon your screen of myself...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 11-20-2017 at 11:52 PM..
Old 11-21-2017, 10:55 AM
Logos (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

fleamailman,

So are you saying that something like gravity is a mere belief and not an established objective fact?
Old 11-21-2017, 12:02 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,824

"...nope, I don't know about gravity, that's an unseen part of reality being part of your dailylife, it belongs to dailylife being part of reality, instead what I do know that here is one's virtual reality, and what is another name for a virtual reality, perhaps we could call it "fiction" now, thus you and I are just fictional characters, as it's not a reality between us, no it's words upon your screen, where words are just representations..." replied the goblin who could relate any fact about himself, as truthfully as possible too, but still those humans from his experience would doubt him still, adding "...turn it around though, note how you can't prove what you've related to me, not that I have any reason to doubt you now, it's just that I don't know for sure..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 11-21-2017 at 12:06 PM..
Old 11-22-2017, 06:02 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 867

Originally Posted by Logos View Post
Wow, it's been years since I re-visited this time in my life...

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 2010 and had a relapse in 2015, when I wrote these "proverbs." When I have an episode, I think I'm the reincarnation of Jesus Christ here for the second coming.

I'm also an agnostic and a disbeliever in Christianity, although the character of Jesus Christ is my hero and everything I aspire to be in a man.

Yahweh, I couldn't care much for.

I mean, why did he not just not create Lucifer and solve the whole problem. He's all-knowing and all-loving, right? The logical thing to do would be to short-circuit the fall by refusing to create Satan in the first place.

Yes, I claim to be smarter than the Christian god.

But if would take away Satan's free will, right?

But Yahweh's responsible for the conception of children, isn't he? So why didn't he conceive my son with my ex? Did he take away my unborn child's free will?

By not creating someone, is it taking away their free will?

I would argue not.

And by Yahweh refusing to create Satan, wouldn't he prove his all-loving nature?

After all, then humankind wouldn't have fallen into sin, correct?

Anyway...

Back to my story...

I wrote these "proverbs" when I was having a schizophrenic episode.

Oh! And one more thing...

When I'm delusional, I ... wait...

Have you ever seen the movie The Truman Show?

That's my delusional reality when I stop taking my meds...

I believe the government has satelittes in space with high-tech cameras that film my every move ... zoom, x-ray, you name it.

My life since I turned 16 has been recorded and broadcasted to the world.

Why?

What's the reason such a terrible fate would befall a man.

You don't want to know ... and I'm not going to tell you.

Yes. Schizophrenia ... it's a strange disease.

But what I'm really wondering since re-reading these "Proverbs" is what did you think about them? And what do you think about them now that you know they were created by someone who suffers from a mental illness?

I await your replies...

Fantastic story!

Schizophrenic, yeah, WTF?!

The proverbs are mostly true, like you said. But, so what? Most are obvious. A few are not true, and a few more are kooky and indecipherable (my comments are from memory, and I have a good one, as I can no longer see but the final 15% of your original post).

Iíd much rather read a story about your fun with schizophrenia. Youíre obviously intelligent and can write some. Letís have some of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-23-2017, 03:26 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,824

("...btw it's not called schizophrenia on forumland here..." related the goblin explaining "...no I think that in most trolls circles its called "handles" or "sockpuppets", which together with "hamming" "spamming" and "hijacking" form an integral part that behaviour that we have come to know and love from them, anyway for more information on this matter please feel a liberty to ask brianpatrick there to show you how its done, if you haven't noted already that is...")
Old 11-23-2017, 09:08 AM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 867

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
("...btw it's not called schizophrenia on forumland here..." related the goblin explaining "...no I think that in most trolls circles its called "handles" or "sockpuppets", which together with "hamming" "spamming" and "hijacking" form an integral part that behaviour that we have come to know and love from them, anyway for more information on this matter please feel a liberty to ask brianpatrick there to show you how its done, if you haven't noted already that is...")

You not believe Logos has schizophrenia? Hmm... I had no reason to doubt what he says about it, especially given the content of the OP and air around responses given.

I pretty much take Logos at face value. I donít need proverbs of any stripe so the OP (while mostly truisms) wasnít helpful to me. I may be irreverent, but Iím not dismissive. I sincerely think the story here is the breadth of a life lived with a mental illness. Iím guessing itís a fantastic story. Although, Iím also aware that to reduce ones writing life to a single disability/circumstance could become a tight rabbit hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing