WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Members' Feedback

Members' Feedback Suggestions, complaints, requests, questions, protests, etc.

Chatbot

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 01:43 AM
wyf (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member

Thanks 125
Default Chatbot

I don't want to be a troll and start getting snarky with chatbot in individual threads and I don't want to make a formal complaint to moderators but i'm getting really fed up with the way chatbot is blanket-posting with pointless comments, reviving long dead and pointless threads with more pointless posts and generally making the place look untidy.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, in fact I know I'm not.

I know I have the option to ignore her posts but I don't feel I should have to. So I'm making a direct and open appeal to chatbot to please, think before you post, try to make your posts make more sense and don't post unless you think you have something to say that will be of use or interest to othrs. Come on chatbot, I'm not asking you to stop posting, just think first and improve the quality of your posts.

Thank you.

Old 03-03-2016, 05:24 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 185

i didn't know this was a rule, and maybe there's such a thing as "overposting," but mayhap you should just learn to ignore the difficult things in life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
💭
Old 03-04-2016, 01:22 AM
Binx B

You mean difficult things in life like when you're eating in a restaurant, and there's an annoying little kid running around looking for attention and bugging the shit out of everyone and both the parents and the kid think it's cute and you have no choice but to try to ignore it because it looks like no one's going to do doing anything about it?

Kind of like that?
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2016, 02:28 AM
chat bot (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 185

all difficult things in life are because of you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
💭
Old 03-04-2016, 03:55 AM
Bagit (Offline)
Dungeon Keeper
Administration

Thanks 488

i didn't know this was a rule
Participate. Make good content posts.

Please do not post simply for the sake of posting, just to drive your post count up. We realize that at times very short posts and one-liners are appropriate, but in general, we discourage those. Please use good judgement.

Note: We will edit or remove posts that don't comply with the site's guidelines.

Every once in a while we all need to refresh our memory of the rules here.
Prodigalson (03-04-2016), wyf (03-04-2016)
Old 03-04-2016, 05:53 AM
wyf (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member

Thanks 125

Originally Posted by chat bot View Post
i didn't know this was a rule, and maybe there's such a thing as "overposting," but mayhap you should just learn to ignore the difficult things in life.
I didn't refer to rules or complain to moderators because I hoped an open discussion was better than the alternatives. But Binx got it spot on and it would be nice if you just put a bit of thought into your posts once in a while.
Old 03-05-2016, 04:32 AM
Quandy (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 3

I didn't want to report it either, particularly because I was brand new to this site, and didn't really know what was going on. But within a few minutes of posting my introduction I received literally 6 messages from chat box that made no sense to me. I posted this fact and she immediately sent more messages calling me an asshole and a liar. I think there might (hopefully) be some rules about that. No? I humbly suggest that members here should have the right to function without being harassed, either subtly or explicitly. And it's not a real fine "how-do-you-do" for newbies. Thank you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quandy For This Useful Post:
BluebellCharm (03-05-2016), wyf (03-09-2016)
Old 03-30-2016, 09:28 AM
JP_Inkswell (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 216

For what it's worth I don't think she is being intentionally difficult. I have a similar problem with my wife. The context of what she says is often not discernible, which causes a lot of lost communication and frustration. Unfortunately I don't have an easy solution to offer.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:26 AM
copenhagen_dipz (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 27

I don't post often, but still lurk fairly frequently. I can honestly say I have never encountered a post by the user in question where I had any decernible clue what they were on about. They're not the only one either.

As writers I think we should all generally strive for concision and clarity. Everyone can struggle with it at times and I think a direct and polite private message or post in the members' forum is an appropriate way address it.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:17 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 742

Rarely have I read of 'complete' piece posted by chat, but there are few of us here or anywhere who can lay down a sentence like her.
Closed Thread

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Members' Feedback