WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing

Free Writing Plot bunnies, random musings, etc. No one-liners.

Our Burden

Old 10-17-2016, 06:34 AM
whunter (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 38
Default Our Burden

Often, I look around and take in the scene. I breathe in my surroundings. There's a closeness to God, whatever that may be, in those moments. I think, 'why should I waste this wonderful day in a stuffy office?' And then I remember, 'to work is all we have to distract us from the pangs of living.' We are but cogs in this great machine and for it to continue, we must work and in the breaks between, find the purpose of life. I forgot that for some time and became sick. Struck by the pangs of existence and the meek life I'd built so far. But I humbled myself, knowing there is still so much more and even after only death. But in those moments when I take in the scene, I remember what all of this suffering and joy is for, experience alone. Our burden is that we were born and we ought to live, any weight thereafter is merely a shadow in time.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:50 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 126

Originally Posted by whunter View Post
Often, I look around and take in the scene. I breathe in my surroundings. There's a closeness to God, whatever that may be, in those moments. I think, 'why should I waste this wonderful day in a stuffy office?' And then I remember, 'to work is all we have to distract us from the pangs of living.' We are but cogs in this great machine and for it to continue, we must work and in the breaks between, find the purpose of life. I forgot that for some time and became sick. Struck by the pangs of existence and the meek life I'd built so far. But I humbled myself, knowing there is still so much more and even after only death. But in those moments when I take in the scene, I remember what all of this suffering and joy is for, experience alone. Our burden is that we were born and we ought to live, any weight thereafter is merely a shadow in time.
Often, I absorb the scenery, breathing in my surroundings. I feel connected to God in a special way in those moments. And then I think: "Why should I waste this wonderful day in a stuffy office?" And then another voice inside my head interrupts: "To work is all we have to distract us from the pangs of living."

I realize I am merely a cog in this great machine and for it to continue, I must work and somewhere in between my busyness, I must find the purpose of life. Once, while I was sick, I forgot my mission. I strayed from it; but, fortunately, I humbled myself, knowing even after death so much more lies ahead for me.

In the peaceful moments I absorb the scenery surrounding me, I reflect upon all this suffering and joy only to realize that it is essential for my growth. My burden is that I was born and I ought to live and any weight thereafter is just a fleeting shadow in time. I have learned my lessons well, taking in the beauty of the scenery.

I hope you don't mind my rewrite. Such nice thoughts. Believed it should have been personalized with the "I" pronoun. Nice job.

Last edited by Cityboy; 10-17-2016 at 09:53 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Cityboy For This Useful Post:
whunter (10-17-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 10:16 AM
whunter (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 38

Thanks, looks good, reads good

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing