WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing

Free Writing Plot bunnies, random musings, etc. No one-liners.

outside the Box

Old 10-23-2016, 09:37 AM
Tor

Default outside the Box

When short changed in some talents, a person just wonders why and grieves the grief of the ignorant. It seems that life has been unfair and not being like others is a boot firmly placed in the backside. Many a child knowing they are different cries wishing for the unanimity of uniformity with those around them.

Mistaking difference for inferiority, they keep their heads down and seek the shadows. Fearing the spotlight and all it could reveal, they avoid it. They stay out of the mainstream not wanting to be swept away to a terrible end in its strong current.
Some learn to please to escape the brand of incompetent, useless or out and out fool. Some hide in humor, laughing away criticisms while basking in the warmth of otherís happiness.

But for some of these, time and experience two of the greatest teachers in life change what is seen in the mirror. This number begin to see where others are blind. Find answers to questions that others never thought to ask. They never knew that they thought outside the box, as they had never been in the box.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:07 AM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 229

Wow, Tor, it seems the only posts I do is in response to the posts you do. I suppose that's because your posts make sense to me. Yours follows this one.

This post was special to me because I forget how far I've come from thinking like a teenagers. My life as been a long and winding road where I jettisoned so much of that thinking as experiences accumulated. Once I was aware of the differences between fact and faith (and ignoring what others wanted me to think) the changes in thinking came fast and furious.

Your post reminded me of when I decided to go to college without a HS degree and had to get it before attending. Every college I attended I had to fight with the admissions people. Even when I was granted an MA degree they wanted me to identify my HS. Such bullshit!

I guess I started out in a box, but because I wanted to understand the reality I find myself in that didn't last long.

Thanks for your post. It gave me a boost today. wrc

Originally Posted by Tor View Post
When short changed in some talents, a person just wonders why and grieves the grief of the ignorant. It seems that life has been unfair and not being like others is a boot firmly placed in the backside. Many a child knowing they are different cries wishing for the unanimity of uniformity with those around them.

Mistaking difference for inferiority, they keep their heads down and seek the shadows. Fearing the spotlight and all it could reveal, they avoid it. They stay out of the mainstream not wanting to be swept away to a terrible end in its strong current.
Some learn to please to escape the brand of incompetent, useless or out and out fool. Some hide in humor, laughing away criticisms while basking in the warmth of other’s happiness.

But for some of these, time and experience two of the greatest teachers in life change what is seen in the mirror. This number begin to see where others are blind. Find answers to questions that others never thought to ask. They never knew that they thought outside the box, as they had never been in the box.

You're not dead 'til you're dead and when you are you won't know it. So, keep on writing and having fun.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:28 PM
Tor

Through out my life, many demanded that I get into a box that made no sense to me - but it didn't work
Glad you liked.

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing